topping and training question

• Thread starter sharpgfx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
11 weeks potbound though. It stops growing after 4 to 6 weeks. That picture is 5 weeks from clone. It was the same size when I re potted it and put it In the tent. I could veg a clone for 4 to 6 weeks and get the same results. I only sits around for 11 weeks cause I'm waiting for the tent.
So you intentionally pot bound your plants to slow growth then transplant when you want then turn right away? or do you wait a while until they adjust to the larger pot? There must be an explosion of growth when you finaly move them into the big pots. Cool method.

H

hawkman

sure you got your answer - top when the plant has 4-5 nodes THEN wait 1.5 or 2 weeks before you top again Yes LST growing is the less stress full on plant untill you start to defoliate

BigCube

BigCube

So you intentionally pot bound your plants to slow growth then transplant when you want then turn right away? or do you wait a while until they adjust to the larger pot? There must be an explosion of growth when you finaly move them into the big pots. Cool method.

Yeah. It's a trick I learned years ago from re potting rootbound solo cups. They hit the ground running for sure. I keep it on half nutes for the first bit, then on day 5 post transplant I start ramping it up to full nutes. Then scrog till the net is filled. Then flip.

I'm not sure if ramping up nutes is needed. I'm just wierd like that. I like to ramp nutes up and down.

H

hawkman

Yeah. It's a trick I learned years ago from re potting rootbound solo cups. They hit the ground running for sure. I keep it on half nutes for the first bit, then on day 5 post transplant I start ramping it up to full nutes.

I'm not sure if ramping up nutes is needed. I'm just wierd like that. I like to ramp nutes up and down.
hope you use a root stimmulator when you transplant ? I like Great White or Recharge seem oe Extreme gardening - there is better root development using these

BigCube

BigCube

If you're interested. Check out my grow diary.

BigCube

BigCube

hope you use a root stimmulator when you transplant ? I like Great White or Recharge seem oe Extreme gardening - there is better root development using these

I form a multi angle attack on root building šŸ¤£ first, I like to use wide shallow pot to bind the clone into. That way the roots are big on the x and y, not so much the z. The pot I use is somethi g
Like 8"x8"x3" but of the 3 inch deep, half inch is taken by hydroton on the bottom and half an inch of space at the top of the pot for watering. So the roots are only 2" deep. But almost as wide as the pot I'm putting them in.

Then I use vitathrive (aussie tonic), basically a b1 vitiamin held in to suspension via souluable potash so the plant can take it in easily.

When I am re potting I do it in a tub of water at room temp with a touch of vitathrive. I quickly soak the roots in the water and diddle away as much of the old medium as I can. Leaving a wide flat tangle of roots with some of the old medium still in it. I fill the new pot to about 3/4 full then drape the roots over it as even as possible, and fill the rest of the pot in on top of them.

I used to do it without the vitathrive, and it always worked, but it took a day or two to recover. With the vitathrive, the leaves dont even sag.

H

hawkman

I form a multi angle attack on root building šŸ¤£ first, I like to use wide shallow pot to bind the clone into. That way the roots are big on the x and y, not so much the z. The pot I use is somethi g
Like 8"x8"x3" but of the 3 inch deep, half inch is taken by hydroton on the bottom and half an inch of space at the top of the pot for watering. So the roots are only 2" deep. But almost as wide as the pot I'm putting them in.

Then I use vitathrive (aussie tonic), basically a b1 vitiamin held in to suspension via souluable potash so the plant can take it in easily.

When I am re potting I do it in a tub of water at room temp with a touch of vitathrive. I quickly soak the roots in the water and diddle away as much of the old medium as I can. Leaving a wide flat tangle of roots with some of the old medium still in it. I fill the new pot to about 3/4 full then drape the roots over it as even as possible, and fill the rest of the pot in on top of them.

I used to do it without the vitathrive, and it always worked, but it took a day or two to recover. With the vitathrive, the leaves dont even sag.
Wow - glad to see you have that "department" under control have used "superthrive" some time ago , it's really good stuff

BigCube

BigCube

Wow - glad to see you have that "department" under control have used "superthrive" some time ago , it's really good stuff

I'm sure it's the same stuff made by a different company. Lol. It's not needed, but the plants love that shit. If you plan on topping, using it would definitely speed up your recovery.

Northernpop

Northernpop

I agree. Whenever I f@@k up, I use super thrive for forgiveness. Imo a balance has to be struck. If you stress plants out by harsh conditions, and pruning regimes, don't be surprised when they turn male. The art, is in the balance.

Happy growing.

Top Bottom