Topping Clones?

• Thread starter OCKushCollector
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bannacis

Bannacis

Perfect timing for that question. I've gotten the FIMing down, as the picture below shows. This is the same plant I posted before. Now that I'm heading into flower, I have the same question as you. . .how do I thin the plant out, especially leaves, to optimize growth (light exposure) and increase yield? On my last run I didn't prune anything after FIMing, and was please with the yield.

outwest

View attachment 215359

Do some low stress bending, kinda like putting them under a screen, the first couple weeks in flower you can train em some.
that way you wont have to lose sites. and they can spread out.
I usually do the topping and get symmetrical growth, fim to me gives me more branches for cutting clones, but that also works cause then you have
trimmed for flower and clones for next grow.

Funk junky

Funk junky

Yep i agree with not much stress once the plants are good to grow. And luv to Fim branches, but really dont get to upset if i mess up something as you can always top or Fim the branch again. I got 7 top's once and i was trying to top, lol, but taught me something. So when using these techniques dont sweat it to much, its not going to mess up the whole plant and in most cases i see more good coming from a mistake as you learn something ya might want to use next go-round. These plants can take a lot and mistakes only make you grow better in my opinion. Its knowing you made the mistake that is important!

LSY
I totally agree little mistakes can teach you so much

Funk junky

Funk junky

I'm sorry don't mean to hijack thread.
I read this thread cause I've got some clones from a couple of plants I'm trying to gift to a work pal and maybe retrieve a cutting back at a later date.
Since moving to this I've experienced problems with cloning, never had problems before ever.
So I solved problem with bubble cloner. Problem is he hasn't come to get them in time and now I've got roots I feel I may damage poting up.
I was going to put them in coco for him but put it in shed by accident and think is compromised now has anyone any tips for potting these up?

IMG 0184
IMG 0185
Top Bottom