• Thread starter masshole61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Howdy yerself.
Never said any method was better than another, just asked if LST was the same as pruning.
Then mentioned I don't use electricity and am after mainstems, eloberated in the uploaded old drawings.
There are as many methods of growing Cannabis--
as there are Cannabis growers...

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
now, lets talk about "supercropping" :) Or "Pinching tops" Or "breaking necks"

IMO..not the same as LST..more like "High Stress Training, but if done right, it works well.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Interesting.

I heard (read) the term "supercrop" but didn't know what that was either.

I've done that before; but not during growing, and not gently--
broke colas at harvest and let 'em hang for a "field cure"...

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Howdy Geologic! The same concept applies to outdoors, Just tie down new growth for many more colas without the stress caused by topping methods. Would you mind elaborating more on "Produces secondary stems"? To my knowledge, when the plant is bent over on its side, all the secondary stems turn into main terminals. Sure there will be competition on the branches to grow taller then the other branches so that's where you can add in topping methods to even the canopy and make for a one plant sea-of-green!

I figure its all on the preference on how you want your plants to grow out, but for the sake of education on the topic, lets not turn this into a debate thread over wtf method is better. Too many strains with too many different growth patterns to assume which is better!

I'm interested in hearing a lot more about this method for outdoors. Anyone that's willing, please share!I'll try to get pics of some experiments I'm doing on the topic.

It all depends on the plant outdoor and how much space and time one has. If I am attempting to maximize canopy then I will top and pinch in veg, but when they go into the ground it is all LST by way of my gopher cages. I use the cage as a way to tie down my plant and fill my space with a lower more manageable plant. I also am growing some og right now and even outside this one is hard to get to produce tough, all the help/budsites that I can have is necessary. I will try to post a pic up in the morning.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
now, lets talk about "supercropping" :) Or "Pinching tops" Or "breaking necks"

IMO..not the same as LST..more like "High Stress Training, but if done right, it works well.
Oh... shit, I did that to my Rhymes with Orange, but too far down and the stem just SNAPPED. Had to whip out the duct tape and fix her up!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
some plants are more flexable that others :)

Im new at growing OG's..they seem to be very bendy

This is a little Wifi in "training"
Littlewify612

Danksnax

Danksnax

IMG 20130707 084619 445

So here is my main lady, the main stem broke in half after I tied her down a while back after a piece of fencing fell on her. She would be a lot bigger if 1. She didn't break in half, and 2. My soil was less compacted and more sandy. Those roots really gotta use some muscle to get through the medium.

Trunk

Please note, that is a mini bic.
Also because it broke right down the main stem I took the side branch on the right (hidden behind that small new growth), removed the leaves, and stuck it in the ground it should be growing roots by now.

Sorry for disgracing you all with my ugly uneven canopy and broke back baby, but it is my first real grow and I'm happy how it's going so far. Cant wait to see her bloom!!!

IMG 20130707 084851 886
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Dank; you need to upload the pictures here

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
View attachment 325809
So here is my main lady, the main stem broke in half after I tied her down a while back after a piece of fencing fell on her. She would be a lot bigger if 1. She didn't break in half, and 2. My soil was less compacted and more sandy. Those roots really gotta use some muscle to get through the medium.

View attachment 325811

Please note, that is a mini bic.
Also because it broke right down the main stem I took the side branch on the right (hidden behind that small new growth), removed the leaves, and stuck it in the ground it should be growing roots by now.

Sorry for disgracing you all with my ugly uneven canopy and broke back baby, but it is my first real grow and I'm happy how it's going so far. Cant wait to see her bloom!!!

That plant looks Awesome Man! :woot: You should be Proud! You are doing great.
It looks like it has lots of room to get big too.! Keep us posted!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I feel that the major difference between LST and HST is an open wound. In that case, Supercropping would be closer to LST than HST imo.

I try not to cause open wounds. But it does happen.. I rarely completly top anymore.. just bend. Both make more tops
Some branchy strains like to be tied down.

this is the WIFI shown above, today
Littlewifi77

Srcroll up to see her 3 weeks ago :)

Danksnax

Danksnax

She has done some real filling out, and looks like she just started getting her bush going strong! :singing:

Danksnax

Danksnax

Here is a whole bunch of pictures that I took today of the same plant I posted pictures of earlier in this thread. She has been fighting rot and is mutilated. She started producing trichs fairly early. How does she look for my first child? The last picture is of some pre-mature bud I harvested a few days prior. Gets me lifted and my kif box has been seeing some action :) Hope to pull her through to the end!
IMG 20131019 142003 685
IMG 20131019 142017 203
IMG 20131019 142043 122
IMG 20131019 142056 491
IMG 20131019 142217 565
IMG 20131019 142535 153
IMG 20131019 142548 409
IMG 20131019 142553 564
IMG 20131019 142945 728

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good work. What you're showing looks pretty much done to me.

Top Bottom