TrainWreck Grow Log

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Many thanks to British_Hempire for the beans - this grow log is primarily for him, and for me to be a bit more disciplined in what I do ;)

Propagation:

7 x TW Seeds in coco (Canna Pro+), 5 in 3" pots, 2 in small coir pots
Coco soaked with 5ml/l Formulex @ approx pH 5.5-6 (no pH until tomorrow*)
Placed in medium heated propagator on 02/08/08
First to surface on 05/08/08

Enviro:

Small Budbox (75x75x100)
Sunmate Propagator 2 x 55w fluoros @ approx 10-20cm away
Temps approx 75-85f, rh 50-60%
24/0 timing
Small vertical circulating fan internally, small mini circulator in roof (low output but it keeps negative pressure)

Notes:

Signs of life from 3 others, so moved from prop under the lights.

Photo:
(note: that's a chilli just sprouted next to it!)

* have ordered pH stick from ebay and it should arrive in tomorrow's post. I used 80% distilled water that I know has a pH of 5.5 and EC0, and 20% local grotty tap that I know is ph8.1 and EC0.6, which should come out about 6ish/0.2. Should be fine for a day or so...

mg 3843 medium
B

British_Hempire

Wicked, thanks for this mate, fingers crossed the others put in an appearance!

K

krizznapp

Goodluck FastForward :) trainwreck is a strain ive been interested in for awhile

B

British_Hempire

Sadly I'm out of pure TW stock at the mo but there are soem TW hybrids being listed on the auction shortly.

t.o.med

t.o.med

i just got some of these. im looking forward to you grow good luck man.

B

British_Hempire

Cool, let's get as many people as possible to ride the train, it's well worth it imho, one of my favourite smokes.

F

FastForward

I found one of the rogue seeds - now officially named LateTrain :). Was hiding under my keyboard, cheeky little thing. Of the 10 originally, 3 made a break for freedom (read: I knocked the piece of paper with them on over) but I've just recaptured one and anchored that badboy in moist coco.

B

British_Hempire

Maybe call him caboose cos he's at the back of the train? lol

W

Wunderkind

TW is a definite favorite of mine. Looks like you've got a couple grows I'll be watching. Keep up the good work, man.

H

Hazeseeker

Looking forward to seeing them progress FastForward, never smoked or grown Trainwreck before, i know it must be some seriously killer 'erb to smoke as i read your post over at IC BH in the Greenhouse Forum where you were describing that it put a few of your mates on whities by smoking it, that's the sort of strain i'm looking for bro:cool:

Peace
Hazeseeker

B

British_Hempire

Looking forward to seeing them progress FastForward, never smoked or grown Trainwreck before, i know it must be some seriously killer 'erb to smoke as i read your post over at IC BH in the Greenhouse Forum where you were describing that it put a few of your mates on whities by smoking it, that's the sort of strain i'm looking for bro:cool:

Peace
Hazeseeker

Yeah man, potent heady stuff indeed, mashed up a few lightweights in these parts, can really give part time smokers paranoia, especially if they are unused to a strong sativa high.

F

FastForward

put a few of your mates on whities by smoking it, that's the sort of strain i'm looking for bro:cool:

LOL Haze. I tell you man, I've pulled ONE whitey in living memory...maybe in 20 years or something...and it was a couple of months ago. LA Confidential + home + bong = byeeeeeee. Seriously, I've not whitied in time and I didn't think I could whitie anymore - until I met LA Con. Try it...it's seriously pokey.

F

FastForward

Update:

5 of the 8 have germ'd and have heads up. No signs of life from the other three yet, still in the prop. TW#5 seems to have a lovely purple fringe to the edges of the leaves already. Have tried to macro it, but I'm still struggling with white balance from my tent. Other than that, not much to report. Being fed pH'd Formulex again (5ml/l, pH 5.8).

MG 3856 Medium
 MG 3859 Medium
F

FastForward

It's now 16 days later. Since the last update I burned all the plants pretty badly by going to veg juice too soon. They've recovered nicely (water for 2 days) and are still on baby food (Formulex 5/ml). Interestingly the TW handled the overdose much better than the G13xMMG, which is still recovering.

They weren't poking roots out of the bottom of the pots so I left them potted....but repotted them all over the past 2 days into 13cm pots. They were all heavily rootbound. Gave a direct spritz of piranha and rhizo to the roots whilst repotting. All seem happy enough in new pots.

The prop room lighting has changed slightly. There's now an additional 2x55w fluoros in there (bright wing reflector) but these Philips tubes generate a shitload more heat than the other Sylvania ones in the sunmate reflector. Been struggling a bit with temps in the prop room, so these have been living in 80-85f temps.

Once they've rooted into these pots I'll move them all into bigger ones and start them on my early veg juice mix (canna coco, rhizo, hygro, diamond nectar).

EDIT: The TW in the bottom left is much smaller than the rest because it was in a small coir pot from B&Q, not the coir pots from CocoTek/GHE. They're much thicker and the roots couldn't/didn't break through, limiting the size. Perfectly healthy, just very mini. Cut it out of the coir yesterday and repotted. Hopefully he/she'll catch up the the rest.

Tw
B

British_Hempire

Sorry you only got 6 out of 8. Looking good though, the smaller one will catch up eventually once it roots into the bigger pot.

I found the TW to be pretty insensitive to nute problems, it likes to feed well, I had mine at ec 1.9 first flower run and they didn't burn.

F

FastForward

Don't apologise - that's more than likely my skills and not the seeds! As long as I get a couple of females, maybe 3 I'll be happy...one to mother and two to flower....

F

FastForward

Sorry for the crap updates BH - wanted to grab something to show whilst I was watering them. Grabbed a few as examples, but they're all doing very well. Big fat indica like leaves - very distinctive looking plant. They also all look very bushy...fingers x'd for lots of girls.

Nothing has changed - they are all on 24/0 still but I've got a timer being delivered tomorrow and will change it to 18/6 (under 4 x 55w fluoros). I'm moving their positions every watering to ensure they get a mix of the different bulbs (same colour temps in theory but they look slightly diff, and the philips ones run much hotter than the sylvanian ones).

IMG 4103 Medium
IMG 4100 Medium
IMG 4099 Medium
IMG 4098 Medium
IMG 4094 Medium
IMG 4093 Medium
wonka

wonka

your trainwrecks are looking really nice.. looking forward to seeing them flower.. hope you get plenty of females for that..

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

plants are looking good FF.
hope you find a nice mom out of the batch.

Top Bottom