TrainWreck Grow Log

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wambam123

wambam123

ff how far did you have your light away from your plants when you went into flowering,and do u think it will be different if i am using a cool tube light?

F

FastForward

ff how far did you have your light away from your plants when you went into flowering,and do u think it will be different if i am using a cool tube light?

Yep - you need to move the light to as close as you can without the heat getting too high (put hand there as a test). With a cool tube you should be able to get pretty close...just check to make sure you don't burn your leaves...if you put it too far they'll start to stretch for the light....

F

FastForward

Had a powdery mildew problem in the tent, so culled everything in there including the TW. The good news is that two of the same cuts were growing in my other tent, so I can continue the diary.

The main diffs between these two and the previous one is that these were flowered earlier/shorter, and 400MH for the 1st week of 12/12 before the 400HPS. Also being fed actively by a dripper system, for 1 hour every 4 hours.

They are in week 4 of 12/12 (day 23). Not great photos, but I can't move them out easily without disconnecting the drippers. They've just started budding :)

The plant in the front is the Reserva Privada mystery strain (looking lovely!)

IMG 4728
IMG 4729
IMG 4730
IMG 4731
P

ProGroWannabe

Sorry to hear of the PM problem FF, but it's GREAT that you have "back-up" plants. Good job on that one:yes

F

FastForward

Day 38 of 12/12

The TW continue to grow nicely. No more stretching thankfully - they're on the reflector already. This is a stretchy pheno for sure. Same structure as my others that got culled (well duh, they're clones) but it's still cool seeing them picking up where the others left off :)

Can't take the pots out of the tent because I've got them attached to drippers (need to make them easy to remove for the next run).

IMG 4784
IMG 4785
wambam123

wambam123

they look great fast forward i have sometrainwreck in at the mo they are currently 3 weeks 12/12 and they do strech a lot how tall are your plants?

P

ProGroWannabe

I may be wrong FF, but those look like their gonna really stack up nice. I bet you see some FAT colas in a few weeks. Keep up the great work.

F

FastForward

Thanks for stopping in guys.

Wambam - they're about 4ft tall I think...I vegged them for 4 weeks to about 1.5 - 2ft tall and then flowered them...so about 2x stretch

PGW - yeah man..I hope so! I've held off on using the carboload on these, just because I want naturally nice buds rather than buds-on-steroids....fingers x'd....

F

FastForward

Had to take the waterfarm out to check nutes, so took photo and measured whilst it was out. They're just under 4ft tall.

edit: the plant front left isn't TW...it's a mystery Reserva Privada mix one...

IMG 4798
F

FastForward

Stop Press!

WWWWWWWWWOW! These girls smell fucking INCREDIBLE!!! I have no idea why, but I was expecting something skunkier, but they have this strong sweet smell to them...almost like candy....can't quite put my finger on it....but it's a new one to me....

I can't stop smelling my hand!!!

Someone else tell me what arcata tw smells like because I can't describe it...but I can tell you what it isn't: skunk, kush, haze, citrus....maybe a touch fruity....

P

ProGroWannabe

I can't stop smelling my hand!!!

That brings back memories:D:D

Seriously though, I'm stoked for ya FF! They DO sound awesome. I'll have to look me up some TW. I'm gonna see how yours do first.....hehe

F

FastForward

hehehe...nice one PGW....I've cable tied them both to the tent uprights to pull them away from the light....the tops are really getting fat and too toasted....

P

ProGroWannabe

Man your plants just keep feeling the need to touch that light huh? lol

I've tied them at any and all points in the flowering and vegging cycles--they don't care, so yeah, do whatever ya gotta do to keep em out of that light bro.

With all that you've learned so far, I can't wait to see how these turn out for ya.

C

Core

hey FF just checking the TW pics out...boy they are great looking plants!! Nway i'll let you go sniff you hand further....LOL

S

Stackin Paper

Sup FF,

So the pics in post 15, up until that point they have only been given Formulex at 5ml/l,

sorry to hear ya had to give em the chop, had to do the same a few weeks ago, fumin.

I will say something about them TW plants on the previous page, she is 1 ugly fuckin plant/pheno man, i know she was given the name cos she looked like she had been run over by a train but god damn she looks fucked up, lol.

F

FastForward

lol! Gimme 2 secs and I'll take some photos...mine have been torched at the tops unfortunatley because they were waaaaay stretchier than I expected. Still, the lower buds are gonna be spectacular...she still smells like I want to fuck her brains out, if that doesn't sound too weird :)

S

Stackin Paper

she still smells like I want to fuck her brains out, if that doesn't sound too weird :)

Sounds absolutely normal m8,

i thought my missus pussy was the best smelling thing on this planet up until i smelt the sssdh:D

F

FastForward

hehehehehe.....I still feel like a teenager sniffing my fingers, only it's TW not pussy. Shit...I'm getting old....

Photos....I've got a mum of this pheno (I hope, there's two that we kept and only 1 mum, so I screwed up somewhere)...if the smoke is as good as the smell I'll do nothing but this for my next run, only flicking them earlier or running them in my other higher tent.

Also took photos of the RP mystery plant and the LR#2 that were in there.

TW and RP are day 62 of 12/12
LR#2 is day 72 of a mix of 24/0 and 12/12, mostly 12/12.

Everything bar the TW are being flushed. Not going to start the TW flush until pistils are more advanced than they are. I've dropped the EC from 1.8 to 1.6 and will drop it slowly over the next week by topping up with water only.

Sorry for the shit lights on pics, but I can't take the TW out because they've deeply rooted across the spreader mat!

I also asked BH if he knew of any candy phenos - he said he'd had some really fruity ones, but not real candy. These smell like american candy....very very sweet....tutti frutti kind of a smell....so so sweet with a background skunk.....so nice....and unexpected....

IMG 5022
IMG 5023
IMG 5025
IMG 5026
IMG 5027
IMG 5028
IMG 5029
IMG 5030
IMG 5031
IMG 5032
IMG 5034
IMG 5035