Transition between Veg and Flower

• Thread starter nightrampage
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

beancounter

its all I use in my flower room

they make the best personal/med grade pot by far, if u do mersh i'd stick w/ hps, but since i grow 4 my med needs i dont care if my buds are a lil smaller and alot denser/frostier ;)

N

nightrampage

i already have a 600watt HPS just a pulserite ... and a 400watt MH lamp....

Was going to just move things straight under the HPS for flowering.. go to 12/12 ..

but i think adding the HPS lamp to the Veg room would be like using the Dual Arc bulbs.. except all in one bulb i'll have 2..

does that sound good.. just want to make things as good as possible.. i like my 18 hr veg .. really seems to florish... everything is getting so fat and dense.. every time i clone it seems to grow back over night.. these mothers are about 4feet..

think i got the veg down.. but i don't think it'll hurt anything to add my 600watt HPS light now at the same 18 hr for veg.. i'll do that a little while then maybe just go with the HPS...

or would it be ok to use the 2 bulbs the whole time and just switch the time? or should i take the MH lamp away?

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

NR: I'm an advocate of hitting the plants with as many lumens as you can muster, without blowing the circuits or your bank account. If you can keep both lights going throughout flowering, I think the plants would reward you for it.

Dunge

Dunge

I wish to grow outside next summer, but I am Northern latitude and need to do something to get the flowering started and keep going.
If I cover the plants in black plastic to limit the light to 12 hours will they start to flower. And will they go back to vedg if I stop covering them once they are fully flowering?
All THC farmers thoughts on this subject are appreciated.

B

beancounter

NR: I'm an advocate of hitting the plants with as many lumens as you can muster, without blowing the circuits or your bank account. If you can keep both lights going throughout flowering, I think the plants would reward you for it.

i concur, sounds like u grow/veg em large. so hell yeah use yer 600w in there 2, i would do the 400 vertical and the 600 horizontal, you'd get crazy nice growth.

either way i would do one bulb vert (put a smallish fan [8"ish home depot $10-15 fan] right under the vert bulb [it will also cool your horizontal bulb], none of the heat will directly touch your plants [u can get your plants within 3-4" of a 400, probly 6-8" w/ a 600 depending on strain w/ vert lights and the right cooling], just find a pot or something to put the fan on so it has at least 4'' of space for intake, unless u have have a fan that swivels str8 up [my faves], and one bulb horizontal w/ reflector [600w prefferably].

That's just the way i would do it for maximum veg and super fast growth in your situation. make sure you prune the bottoms well [take off any budsite that doesnt get at least some light, if it's in the shade.... cut it. it will just suck energy from the rest of your plant, like suckers on tomatoes, i usually do it bfore i flip and 5-7 days in] when u flip em, pruning makes a big dif IMHO. Then training to get hidden tops into the light, lotsa methods i just do hurd crushing/pinching [in between nodes] to get the plant exactly how i want it so i never have to rotate the plant once.

K

kinzla34

These are my current induction lamp grows that are moving right along.

http://img155.invalid.com/img155/6938/74086452.th.jpg

http://img21.invalid.com/img21/8092/72568115.th.jpg

http://img524.invalid.com/img524/7619/73363813.th.jpg

http://img84.invalid.com/img84/5061/14989520.th.jpg

I have the best results with these fixtures on overhead layouts without using any side lights.

3 balls

3 balls

He might have gotten a pee pee slap for posting in the wrong place before.;)

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

See I hear same thing slowly switch so what go straight to 12/12 or progress what's up guys I did dig on this one I ain't gonna lie I ain't worried how old it is lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nothing is natural about growing indoors. Flip straight 12/12

Lots of good comments in here and I'm to lazy to like them all.

I skimmed so if I missed it another tip to keep compact growth during stretch is keep the same day/night temps.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Don't dog on me lol but I use LEDs they are coming up guys I have a feeling eventually hps and cmh will be extinct eventually as technology advances

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Just kidding lol I can't say anything I owned one it just sat there and looked pretty 😁🤣

Top Bottom