Transplant drooping help!

• Thread starter Shanewatson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shanewatson

Shanewatson

I just transplanted these 24 k gold and purple punch last night and I’m seeing some drooping (a lot). Maybe a mix between stress from transplant or over watering? Sos

Transplant drooping help
Transplant drooping help 2
Transplant drooping help 3
Transplant drooping help 4
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looks more like rockwool than coco, this being in the coco coir forum and all...lol. How did you prep the blocks?

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

I would shut off the lights give them 24 to 48 hrs to recover in dark or just room daylight definitely transplant shock and to much water good luck keep us posted .
Temp has been between 73-80. Alittle high during the pic of temp reading. I’m going to try the 24 hour dark or low light?
I would shut off the lights give them 24 to 48 hrs to recover in dark or just room daylight definitely transplant shock and to much water good luck keep us posted .
But I’ve honestly never heard of turning lights off for recovery but then again this is my second time growing. First time in rock wool

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'd try and get your humidity higher too.

Rockwool can be a real unforgiving bitch, especially those 6" blocks. If they're too wet the roots take weeks to grow out. You've got to pre-dry them out for a few days before transplanting to get a lot of the water out first.

Last edited:
Shanewatson

Shanewatson

Looks more like rockwool than coco, this being in the coco coir forum and all...lol. How did you prep the blocks?
Yes they are rock wool but I didn’t see a rock wool thread oops,sorry. I ran nutrient water thru the blocks and soaked. I tipped the tray to drain the blocks for several second. Then felt too dry the next day so I watered alittle bit

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
For them to droop that much, it means they cant keep up with the demand. The temp is a bit too warm for that humidity and their roots are small still.

I'd kill the light for a few hrs and before it comes back on mist them with some plain water. Then back the light way off, get the temp lower and raise the humidity some. If you can, turn the light down a bit.

And stop watering them, you need to get some of that water out of the blocks if anything. You're in a shitty situation now. Because the environment that will dry out the blocks will also stress the plants. You could place a dry roll of toilet paper under each block to try and soak as much water out as possible.
The key to using those blocks is transplanting into them when they're quite dry already, and being stingy with water until you see roots coming out the bottom. Then you can water it more frequently.

mancorn

mancorn

Can't you just pull the small cubes out and return them to your cloning dome, while you let your 6" dry out? Can't imagine the roots have penatrated into the large cube at this point.

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

For them to droop that much, it means they cant keep up with the demand. The temp is a bit too warm for that humidity and their roots are small still.

I'd kill the light for a few hrs and before it comes back on mist them with some plain water. Then back the light way off, get the temp lower and raise the humidity some. If you can, turn the light down a bit.

And stop watering them, you need to get some of that water out of the blocks if anything. You're in a shitty situation now. Because the environment that will dry out the blocks will also stress the plants. You could place a dry roll of toilet paper under each block to try and soak as much water out as possible.
The key to using those blocks is transplanting into them when they're quite dry already, and being stingy with water until you see roots coming out the bottom. Then you can water it more frequently.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Were you careful to not damage the roots? And how well rooted were they?
Also what ppm was you nutrient solution?

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

Roots looked pretty good! I put clone x rooting gel on the clones cubes and I use clone x solution for nutrients

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What was the ppm? I didnt know clone x made a base nutrient.
What I'm getting at is a high ppm will allow less water to enter the plant. It's one of the reasons you need to keep low ppm for the first while with new cuts or seedlings, so the small root mass can provide enough water to maintain turgur.

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

What was the ppm? I didnt know clone x made a base nutrient.
What I'm getting at is a high ppm will allow less water to enter the plant. It's one of the reasons you need to keep low ppm for the first while with new cuts or seedlings, so the small root mass can provide enough water to maintain turgur.

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

I dried out the cubes some (let water drain from cube) , put paper towels under them to help dry out cubes and also turned the lights out, only getting some light from neighboring plant light 4 feet away

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

It might have, hard to say. Did you use tap water or RO?
I used half filtered water and the other half tap water bc I had no more filtered water. Would you say it’s over watered? I cut the lights off, going to leave them off for a couple hours and see what happens

Latest posts

Top Bottom