Transplant drooping help!

• Thread starter Shanewatson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How long ago exactly were they transplanted, and how many times have you watered?

But yeah I suspect the combination of small roots, too much water, possibly too high a ppm, and too low RH as being the main culprits, assuming the roots werent damaged during transplant.

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

How long ago exactly were they transplanted, and how many times have you watered?

But yeah I suspect the combination of small roots, too much water, possibly too high a ppm, and too low RH as being the main culprits, assuming the roots werent damaged during transplant.
Last night I transplanted, watered one good time and another time just a small amount

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

Relative humidity.
Got it, thanks a lot. Right now the temps at 78 with 66% humidity. I’ve had the lights out for about an hour or so now still looking droopy. You think I should leave lights off for tonight?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Got it, thanks a lot. Right now the temps at 78 with 66% humidity. I’ve had the lights out for about an hour or so now still looking droopy. You think I should leave lights off for tonight?
Yes I would ,I've grown in rock wool in early 80s I learnt to shut light off and not over water the way you are learning .Now I keep it simple in Coco perlite I'm almost 60 used rock wool for 5 years straight we bought ceiling bats slice then up into a pyramid of it set the little clone well rooted into a hole in top of the stack ,a light pH correct water then lights out 24 to 48 hr ,then set a drip line up on either side and constant drip feed them the complete lights on cycle , I might set up a single one plant gro and document it in the grow diaries.

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

Yes I would ,I've grown in rock wool in early 80s I learnt to shut light off and not over water the way you are learning .Now I keep it simple in Coco perlite I'm almost 60 used rock wool for 5 years straight we bought ceiling bats slice then up into a pyramid of it set the little clone well rooted into a hole in top of the stack ,a light pH correct water then lights out 24 to 48 hr ,then set a drip line up on either side and constant drip feed them the complete lights on cycle , I might set up a single one plant gro and document it in the grow diaries.
Got it, will do. I got them from a guy who grew them in a warehouse with perfect conditions and all. It will be okay to turn the lighting schedule just for a day or two? I’m really new to this as you can tell haha

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

Got it, will do. I got them from a guy who grew them in a warehouse with perfect conditions and all. It will be okay to turn the lighting schedule just for a day or two? I’m really new to this as you can tell haha
[/QUOTE
UPDATE! Any improvement you think ? The temp was at 74 degrees with 75% humidity complete darkness for 6 hours with another 15 of low light

42F29A72 FF86 4F45 840F C1482924BBE3
FF4D1006 9B76 4272 A936 14F6F5E7C876
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
UPDATE! Any improvement you think ? The temp was at 74 degrees with 75% humidity complete darkness for 6 hours with another 15 of low light
Looks
ike there turning themselves around better than yesterday just leave them for another day in just room daylight

mancorn

mancorn

Better.

I'd still keep your rH jacked up and the leaves moist. (Not the time to worry about mildew and the like.) I actually had a freshly transplanted clone go down similarily yesterday. I wrapped it in a large clear plastic bag (like a dry clearing bag) misted it all up and she popped back in less then 1/2 hour. If the plant can't take up water via roots (as Dirtbag is suggesting) then it needs to take it up through the leaves. Keep the light low, temps down, leaves moist, and humidity high.

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

Better.

I'd still keep your rH jacked up and the leaves moist. (Not the time to worry about mildew and the like.) I actually had a freshly transplanted clone go down similarily yesterday. I wrapped it in a large clear plastic bag (like a dry clearing bag) misted it all up and she popped back in less then 1/2 hour. If the plant can't take up water via roots (as Dirtbag is suggesting) then it needs to take it up through the leaves. Keep the light low, temps down, leaves moist, and humidity high.
Oh really? Like a ziplock bag over the top?

mancorn

mancorn

Oh really? Like a ziplock bag over the top?
Yeah any kind of humidity dome will help. Just mist up the bag, hold it off the plant with a stick, and slide it over. Doesn't need to be all tight, fresh air is good, you just want to be in a rain forest for a day or two.

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

Quick update: about the same as last night, I trimmed off the most damaged leave from the right two plants.

81159492 C175 4355 A7CC 9653812E13C3
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Quick update: about the same as last night, I trimmed off the most damaged leave from the right two plants.
Yes good save I think if you watch your plants closely there probably clapping and giving you a standing ovation .. regards OD good work Shane .

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

Yes good save I think if you watch your plants closely there probably clapping and giving you a standing ovation .. regards OD good work Shane .
i am noticing the leaves are getting less green

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

Some leaves are turning more a yellow color

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter

i am noticing the leaves are getting less green
There ready for some light feeding less is more ph is vital . Gently .

Latest posts

Top Bottom