Transplant shock or too much sun?

• Thread starter freezeland2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AngryPossum

AngryPossum

You can try a transplant nutrient, that may work. However I agree with one of the other members, give it some water

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
My guess is that the root balls are sometimes a little thick in the centers when they get transplanted sometimes, and the soil they get planted into is very loose.. So water tends to go to the loose spots, and it doesn't always penetrate that root ball.

When you transplant, take extra care to ensure your getting good penetration into the root zone with your fluids, so that you don't have any dry spots. At least that's a problem that I come across when upgrading in pots such as these.

Plant's look really good BTW, nice work.

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

That's what I love about growing outdoors. The plants will TELL you when it's time to water. You just have to read the signs - and they're fairly blatant about it. Sagging, wilting, sad. Perky, happy, vibrant. The heat is a big factor, however. In the SW United States, the heat is a killer. Just watch them, listen to them, and they'll show you the way. 20,000 years of cannabis/human co-evolution can't be all bad, right? Ok, I'm done - thanks for listening, guys.

Madbud

Madbud

I don’t go by the sundown wilt either, check and water in the morning. Somedays my plants work so hard they look like a chain gang at end day, but praying at sun up again.

freezeland2

freezeland2

What is the purpose of the pot inside of the grow bag? I have seen this many times ...just wondering what purpose it serves?
There is no pot inside the grow bags. You might be referring to what is called cyclops planting. That is basically making a indentation in the soil and filling it in with seed starter mix and planting a seed or seedling in to that. It is a useful method when planting auto flowers to avoid transplanting when the final soil would otherwise be to hot for a seedling.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

My guess is that the root balls are sometimes a little thick in the centers when they get transplanted sometimes, and the soil they get planted into is very loose.. So water tends to go to the loose spots, and it doesn't always penetrate that root ball.

When you transplant, take extra care to ensure your getting good penetration into the root zone with your fluids, so that you don't have any dry spots. At least that's a problem that I come across when upgrading in pots such as these.

Plant's look really good BTW, nice work.
An old trick to fix this: When you transplant, stab the root ball with a sharp pencil a few times to make sure water can penetrate, then replant.

Madbud

Madbud

What is the purpose of the pot inside of the grow bag? I have seen this many times ...just wondering what purpose it serves?
Gives me two watering zones, plus i give a lot away and its easy to transplant with just the plastic lid on the bottom of the can. Keeps my plants small unless they go in the ground, where it works as a weed and snail shield.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
An old trick to fix this: When you transplant, stab the root ball with a sharp pencil a few times to make sure water can penetrate, then replant.
Yup, or simply kinda work the roots apart a bit if there' in a tight ball. I even been known sometimes to separate the roots some. Growing a plant indoors in a smaller sized container is much different than an outside grow, no doubts, and the plant certainly needs a bit of time to adjust and put down some of the looser network of roots typically seen in an outdoor grow.

Bottom line is this, if your roots are taking up the size of say a 12oz cup, and the equivalent amount of roots in a more natural setting might take up the volume of say 2 quarts, or even a gallon. Anytime roots are compacted, there going to require much more frequent maintenance.

IMG 20210526 1347572531

Latest posts

Top Bottom