Transplant Time

• Thread starter bobs.buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobs.buds

Hello wondering if maybe I can get some input on when to transplant the seedling/ 2 inch plant I have now in Dixie cups. Also I was planning to put them in 1gallon smart pots and then 3 gal ones. Is that a good idea or is it better to put directly into 3 gallon pots?

quirk

quirk

Hello wondering if maybe I can get some input on when to transplant the seedling/ 2 inch plant I have now in Dixie cups. Also I was planning to put them in 1gallon smart pots and then 3 gal ones. Is that a good idea or is it better to put directly into 3 gallon pots?
I would transplant directly into your 3 gal. or better yet, 5 gal. The technique I use is to place my germinated seed into a jumbo ice cream cone which is filled w/ my pre-moistened FF soil/perlite mix, then I place that in my final pot, which, like the wife, is also nice and moist (not wet). Happy trails!

I

imthadocta

You want to do the transplant before the plant becomes rootbound to the pot or dixie cup it is in now. It does not matter which size you use now as long as you get the concept of not letting the plant get rootbound to the pot it is currently in. Cheers!

B

bobs.buds

I would transplant directly into your 3 gal. or better yet, 5 gal. The technique I use is to place my germinated seed into a jumbo ice cream cone which is filled w/ my pre-moistened FF soil/perlite mix, then I place that in my final pot, which, like the wife, is also nice and moist (not wet). Happy trails!
Sweet thanks for the heads up. Lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom