transplanting with coco into 2L bottle?

• Thread starter Yndisfagur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

Yndisfagur

Is this a bad idea as the bottles are flimsy (could allow roots to move around too much?) and they aren't light proof (how bad is that for the roots?)

Strains are 2 weeks old and need to move from the red cups to something bigger before they finish in homer 5 gallon buckets (transplant them into homer buckets right before flower).

Any tips for moving coco/perlite mixtures? I have 2 inches of perlite on the bottom and tops of the cups for drainage and nats.

soserthc1

soserthc1

well i would def stay away from clear 2 ltr soda bottles - will kill your roots ..........

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

not ideal but itll work. once theyre filled with something theyre not as flimsy(imagine how solid they are with soda), and the roots will grow about 1/8" away from the container naturally by light pruning.

for transplanting, dump the perlite off the top and pull it while moist, the coco will hold better that way, the stuff on the bottom will crmble but not much can be done about that. should be fine

Y

Yndisfagur

not ideal but itll work. once theyre filled with something theyre not as flimsy(imagine how solid they are with soda), and the roots will grow about 1/8" away from the container naturally by light pruning.

for transplanting, dump the perlite off the top and pull it while moist, the coco will hold better that way, the stuff on the bottom will crmble but not much can be done about that. should be fine

thanks, I ended up just ordering some 1 gallon black buckets

soserthc1

soserthc1

thanks, I ended up just ordering some 1 gallon black buckets

yes, light will kill your roots not work just fine, black is the way to go... your welcome oh never mind that was the person with the wrong info you thanked lol

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

nothing wrong with the info i gave, you apparently just cant read. the roots will grow to the edge of the container and those exposed to light will die, true. but the root system learns this and branches out just inside the outer layer... light pruning...

so, yeah... itll work just fine...

Top Bottom