Tree turntable design thread

• Thread starter Carson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Carson

Looking for help from the thc brain trust to design a single or multiple turntable system. I was thinking 300# per table capacity 1rpm or less. Any ideas on a low speed motor or?:volcano:

J

Jalisco Kid

Trees need to be supported take that in consideration. JK

G

gudkarma

i know bobby smith is in the process of sourcing them.

he had a price & whatnot.

i think there was some checking into the actual weight limit.

foaf

foaf

My new 50 liter bucket, I built with turning in mind. Im just getting started with this grow, it has 1200 watts LED side light, coming at the tree from just one side, and a 1k dual arc above. You dont really need to turn it slow and steady or anything like that, in fact, a back and forth motion will be best, of course, to accomodate the lines. Im about to consider using 2 linear actuators to rotate it 180, or probably less, every so often. Having the bucket on wheels has lots of benefits besides just turning it, so it might be a consideration. Also, I like my big floor drain in the bottom of the bucket.

bucketnew.jpg
bucketnew1.jpg
bucketnew2.jpg

B

Bobby Smith

i know bobby smith is in the process of sourcing them.

he had a price & whatnot.

i think there was some checking into the actual weight limit.

Yeah, I found tables that can support whatever weight needed and can turn clockwise and counterclockwise, but they just constantly turn.........to setup any type of automated feeding I'd need it to turn 355* and then turn back.

So that means I could only run soil or a manually watered drain to waste setup = not cool with me.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Yeah, I found tables that can support whatever weight needed and can turn clockwise and counterclockwise, but they just constantly turn.........to setup any type of automated feeding I'd need it to turn 355* and then turn back.

So that means I could only run soil or a manually watered drain to waste setup = not cool with me.

Very true for you. But you could be helping many of others by doing this. I am VERY interested in learning on how to do this. Maybe this could be something you invent, and sell. Even if you do not sell it, you would be getting mad prop's for doing something like that. Who know's, if it turns out well, you never know who might want to buy your idea.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter

maybe a bucket set in the center of the table with feed lines coming out of it. then have the hoses just hanging inside the bucket. that way the table can spin around and around but nothing will pull on the hoses as they would just hang/dangle inside the bucket.

B

Bobby Smith

maybe a bucket set in the center of the table with feed lines coming out of it. then have the hoses just hanging inside the bucket. that way the table can spin around and around but nothing will pull on the hoses as they would just hang/dangle inside the bucket.

Yeah, I've thought something similar, and setting up a drip drain to waste on a lid which acts as a "rail" and the emitter just rotates around it (theoretically with no friction) - that would certainly work, but I hate using media and the tables get a lot more expensive when you start increasing the weights.

Smokey, no real "system" to speak of - you see my avatar? That light source is a vertical cooltube of 4 600s.............would basically be four plants (eventually 6' trees) surrounding it, all rotating constantly to get bathed (on every side) in those 2400 watts.

Tables turn at 1RPM, but you can upgrade to 2RPM if desired - 17" diameter, and can support up to 150 pounds (but I'd go with the 100 pounds one, which are $100+ bucks cheaper).

Setup a vertical cooltube, buy four turntables.............bada bing, bada boom, you got a system :)

I was gonna set up this system (and tear down my octagon) in a run or two (and still might), but I just dropped $1K to convert my octo to HP aero, so that may be delayed a bit.

It'd just be this, but without rotating the plants around the light - the plants would only be rotating on their respective axes, exposing all four sides of the plant to the light every minute.

http://www.spinnerhydro.com/

I'll get on it eventually, but this HP aero shit is at the top of my list right now.....

G

gudkarma

just the fact that SOG requires one to hold mad plantage... this is interesting to me.

i could do two or three trees.

...but i really like the idea of 5-10 gallon hempy bucket/tub scrogs : 3 plants done two or three weeks apart.

of course, bobby has to turn it up rocket ship style. :)

spinning fucking aero. lol! i'm laughing but that is definitely mad phat.

love the pics of the back yard style-lee bucket set up!!!

i'd rock the turn-tables for sure... in big hempy style (w/ chunky perlite) 10 gal tubs or something.

i like using media to support large plants & i love hydro.

hempy = simplest hydro there is

if u know gudkarma, you know he hates that dirty dirt.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

You could use a top feed system. Imagine a record player. The dripper would hang over the edge of the bucket from the side, and would water 360 degrees around the plant as it spins. You can't get much better than that. Put a drain dead center in the bottom. Have a catch below for runoff for coco or dirt. For regular hydro or even hempy, just recirculate what you get from the catch.

-TF:evilgrin0013:

C

Carson

You could use a top feed system. Imagine a record player. The dripper would hang over the edge of the bucket from the side, and would water 360 degrees around the plant as it spins. You can't get much better than that. Put a drain dead center in the bottom. Have a catch below for runoff for coco or dirt. For regular hydro or even hempy, just recirculate what you get from the catch.

-TF:evilgrin0013:

That is what I had in mind for feeding. 20 gal smart pots sitting on top of milk crates or flow thru decking(PVC). Set the turntables in drain tables.:cake

M

Mr. Greenthum

If u need one of these then u shouldnt grow.. Who doesnt love to be out in their grow room with their plants?

L

Lost

If u need one of these then u shouldnt grow.. Who doesnt love to be out in their grow room with their plants?

Thats helpful.. lol..

I can see 15 gallon coco pots with a stationary sprayer to spray the top.. Works for me!

L

Lost

Oh, and attach a cement grid attached to the base. Plant support while it turns..

B

Bobby Smith

Lol...........riiiiiiiight.......enjoy your drum circle.

Lost, not sure what you need the cement for......am I missing something?

If the turntable is balanced than the plant should be fine, correct?

EDIT: Nevermind Lost, I think you were referring to the cement grid as a tomato cage, in which case I fully get it and agree with you........if that's not how you meant it, please clarify for me.

C

Carson

In the event that no one has called you an asshole lately:).......

Thank you for your helpful answer Asshole.

420Gator

420Gator

In the event that no one has called you an asshole lately:).......

Thank you for your helpful answer Asshole.

lol. were tryn to grow pot here and youre off playin with turntables, go be a disc jockey j/k

good luck interesting stuff

L

Lost

EDIT: Nevermind Lost, I think you were referring to the cement grid as a tomato cage, in which case I fully get it and agree with you........if that's not how you meant it, please clarify for me.

You got it. If the plant is turning the plant support must turn with it. Just throw the cage on the top of the smartpot or watever. Have a stationary PVC sprayer mounted that sprays into the top of the cocopot.

:harvest:

Latest posts

Top Bottom