Trichomes, powdery mildew, or both?

• Thread starter Trident
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trident

Hi, I've read through aot of the posts but I am having trouble determining if my crop is okay to smoke. It's super lemon haze, it's been harvested and cured. Been sitting in jars a about 6 weeks while I decide what to do

1 if 2 plants did show a little mildew. Cut it away. Kept a close watch but didn't see any more spots. At harvest we saw no white spots but the buds were so milky I just am not sure. I did see a puff of white during a couple of snips of branches so that concerned me.

6 jars, they smell good. Lots of crystals but is there mildew lurking under that crystally goodness? Is it too late to treat or wash? Here are a couple pics through a loupe

Trichomes powdery mildew or both
Trichomes powdery mildew or both 2
Trichomes powdery mildew or both 3
Trichomes powdery mildew or both 4
Trichomes powdery mildew or both 5
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Looks similar to what I have in my hands rite here, this is not mold.
Mold is fluffier and a bit mor fibrous.
FA7ED40E 05C7 4632 B8FC EFCCFACD4A71

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Break it open, if the center and stem is a fluffy brown fibrous substance that would be mold,
Kind of like a brown powder you can wipe away.
And it will have a slight mildew smell to it.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
can’t tell unless you bust it open, mold grows from the inside out…..typically…..
Those sugar leaves are not moldy,

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
What were your drying temps, humidity level during drying?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

As 1diesel1 said, i dont see anything that screams mold or mildew, looks like hairs to me as well. But as he already said, mold grows from inside, out so if you really want to know you have to bust a bud apart.

Next time you dry, try to shoot for 60f/60rh for 10-14 days. Youll be surprised.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
use your jewellers loupe and look, trichomes have a stalk and head, mildew will be fuzzy web like.. can be white ish to gray ish..
and if you had mildew than you have it till harvest.. especially if you did not treat it?

T

Trident

use your jewellers loupe and look, trichomes have a stalk and head, mildew will be fuzzy web like.. can be white ish to gray ish..
and if you had mildew than you have it till harvest.. especially if you did not treat it?
Yes, did treat it. First potassium carbonate then switched to crop defender. I saw no mildew on the leaves at all at harvest. Most of the buds look okay but I'm finding it hard to tell. Lots of mushroom looking trichomes but then here and there some of the white looks more fibrous. Hard to see under all the trichomes so I've been hesitant to try it

T

Trident

As 1diesel1 said, i dont see anything that screams mold or mildew, looks like hairs to me as well. But as he already said, mold grows from inside, out so if you really want to know you have to bust a bud apart.

Next time you dry, try to shoot for 60f/60rh for 10-14 days. Youll be surprised.
Nothing puffs out or looks off when I just it open. Just under the loupe I think I see some fuzzy

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Upon another look, it looks like photo 2 in post 8 might have some PM on the leaves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom