Trichomes, Thoughts?

• Thread starter Layback3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Layback3

I am going to post some pics of my trichs. I am on my first grow and am having a dam ole time determining if Im ready for a 2 week flush then harvest. Please give your opinion.

Elanor

Elanor

how can you tell if you need to flush by looking at your trichs?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Seamaiden has a link in her signature about how to tell the maturity of the plant. Trichomes are not a trustworthy method of verifying maturity, you have to look at the ladies as a whole. I might dig it up for you, better bet would be searching for it. The two week flush also depends on your medium.

Post some pics and we'll be able to help you out more.

Here's the thread: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...loupe-or-dont-rely-solely-on-trichomes.64433/

Bannacis

Bannacis

To get an opinion we need information... Pics...strain...set up...???
Knowing its flowering period will put you in the ball park.
is it more Sativa or Indica? 8-10 week is a normal flowering period of the hybrids.
There are some 6 weeks to 18 weeks.

It doesn't hurt to flush at anytime, you can always feed. At close to flushing you will have more than a few redish, dedish hairs, but still fresh hairs on buds. and buds are nice an fat.
Checking the trich's out is usually for harvest time....

L

Layback3

1111 1
1111 3
1111 4
1111 5
1111 6
1111 7
1111 8
1111 9
1111 10

Seamaiden has a link in her signature about how to tell the maturity of the plant. Trichomes are not a trustworthy method of verifying maturity, you have to look at the ladies as a whole. I might dig it up for you, better bet would be searching for it. The two week flush also depends on your medium.

Here's the thread: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...loupe-or-dont-rely-solely-on-trichomes.64433/
I hav all pics below i took of my trichs but ill get some pics up of my girls as a whole

L

Layback3

Sorry, i am positive they are purple cheese auto flowering bc i had them under 24/0 light with a 600w mh and they started to flower on their own. The reason i say that isbi mixed my northern lights and purple cheese up but being they auto flowered i have to assume they are the purple cheese.

I have then in a tent.
50 days under 24/0 600w mh
Currently under 12/12 600w hps
I also have 2 newer girls that i put right into flowering after 2 weeks. They are bubble kush and are looking good as well but not the ones i am concerned about. They have well over a month left.
I only have pics of them under my hps light so i have to take more later today and will post them

L

Layback3

is it more Sativa or Indica? 8-10 week is a normal flowering period of the hybrids.

It doesn't hurt to flush at anytime, you can always feed. At close to flushing you will have more than a few redish, dedish hairs, but still fresh hairs on buds. and buds are nice an fat.
The reason i say i want to know if i can flush is that i have read that you shud flush for 2 weeks and then harvest the plant. I also read that if you do it to warly it can stunt the growth and affect the potency which is why i am nervous. I dont want to mess this up now
I got better pics coming today. Then you can give me morw input on them.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Are you organic potting mix, soil or hydro? If in potting mix or soil are you using salt based nutes or full organic nutes?

L

Layback3

Every article i have found on the web states that trichomes are the most accurate way to determine if. I appreciate the link. They are in the dark time of the day so once it switches|
Are you organic potting mix, soil or hydro? If in potting mix or soil are you using salt based nutes or full organic nutes?
I am using a mixture of scotts topsoil and pennington potting mix with a little jungle growth water wise potting mix. As for nutes. I used miricle grow all purpose during veg which had like 28 15 15 or something like that and now i use mg bloom which has 15 30 15 i believe. (I know not a good choice but it seems to have done ok so far) i also have thrown in fox far big bloom on 4 different occasions

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Every article i have found on the web states that trichomes are the most accurate way to determine if. I appreciate the link. They are in the dark time of the day so once it switches|

I am using a mixture of scotts topsoil and pennington potting mix with a little jungle growth water wise potting mix. As for nutes. I used miricle grow all purpose during veg which had like 28 15 15 or something like that and now i use mg bloom which has 15 30 15 i believe. (I know not a good choice but it seems to have done ok so far) i also have thrown in fox far big bloom on 4 different occasions

I ask as I'm a full organic grower so I don't flush. Nothing to flush. Salt based nutes will need a flush. It's why I stopped using them completley. If I had just used trichs as a guide for harvesting I would have missed another 8 days of growing. It made a big difference to my harvest tbh. I had bud rot but i still waited. I use Seamaidens technique. Mind u I always listen to Seamaiden.....It really pays to. There are a lot of myths (for want of a better word) surrounding mj growing. It's time to review them and update them.

L

Layback3

I ask as I'm a full organic grower so I don't flush. Nothing to flush. Salt based nutes will need a flush. It's why I stopped using them completley. If I had just used trichs as a guide for harvesting I would have missed another 8 days of growing. It made a big difference to my harvest tbh. I had bud rot but i still waited. I use Seamaidens technique. Mind u I always listen to Seamaiden.....It really pays to. There are a lot of myths (for want of a better word) surrounding mj growing. It's time to review them and update them.
Thank you friend! My next grow o
What do you recommend for nutes and soil as completely organic. I would love to try it. I really love watching these girls grow, i will try anything to make them bigger

L

Layback3

I just posted some more pics of the one girl i wonder if its time to think about flushing then chopping down

20151113 204711
20151113 204653
20151113 204452
20151113 204414
20151113 204441
Bannacis

Bannacis

purple cheese auto from Autoseeds says 60-80 days from seed.
Flush now!!!!!!
flush a lot...using miracle grow, you will want to get rid of the salts from your medium.
You already have yellowing of your large leaves....flush flush
they look good....

L

Layback3

purple cheese auto from Autoseeds says 60-80 days from seed.
Flush now!!!!!!
flush a lot...using miracle grow, you will want to get rid of the salts from your medium.
You already have yellowing of your large leaves....flush flush
they look good....
Thank you i will post pics of my other purple cheese which is about 3 times bigger and wayy more bud but that one is not ready all the pistils are white and sticking straight out while this one u see is clearly not. Ill start the flush tonight

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Thank you friend! My next grow o

What do you recommend for nutes and soil as completely organic. I would love to try it. I really love watching these girls grow, i will try anything to make them bigger

I use biobizz grow and bloom, Hi Brix, myco fungals along with Humboldt myco madness and AACT's. I have EWC in my soil plus crab meal and rice hulls mixed in it too. I also use Ancient earth which is fulvic and humics. There is so much you can do organically. It's more about feeding the soil and it's microbes. There are many recipes for soil mixes and AACT's. All natural products.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I'd say that if you've been feeding her MG the whole time that she is suffering from salt build up or not being fed enough. I'm leaning toward salt build up, so it's deffinate a go to flush her. She might even green up a little bit as nutrients become available the first few days, but then should fade nicely.

Best of luck.
Peace

L

Layback3

I'd say that if you've been feeding her MG the whole time that she is suffering from salt build up or not being fed enough. I'm leaning toward salt build up, so it's deffinate a go to flush her. She might even green up a little bit as nutrients become available the first few days, but then should fade nicely.

Best of luck.
Peace
Would i give her plain water every day for 2 weeks then chop her down or do i still only give it to her as needed? I dont want to drown her after all weve been through lol

Cheers

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Would i give her plain water every day for 2 weeks then chop her down or do i still only give it to her as needed? I dont want to drown her after all weve been through lol

Cheers

Give her plain water when she needs it, for two weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom