Trim & Dry Question

• Thread starter Junk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk

Junk

Ok,

This guy is SUPER annoying. I guarantee you will want to punch him at least once during the video. But, if you can manage to isolate his opinions-his method for trimming & drying makes the most sense to me. It also seems to be the easiest.

Is there a good reason we do the whole "hanging upside down thing?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
It's easier to hang it upside down than it is to lay it on its side. I mean it has to dry somehow. Yeah, this guy is annoying.....

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Agreed, hang dry to keep from having your buds flattened out on side. Guys voice is annoying as hell though. His concepts are a bit on the controversial side too.

One thing I've read as a benefit to hanging is the sugars will migrate into the buds helping flavor profiles a bit. Not sure if there is any science to back it up but that's just what I've read on various forums. The only difference I think one could see would be the fact that a bud laid in a drying screen will have flat sides and potentially a mild loss of resin as opposed to the hang dried bud which keeps its shape with minimal resin loss. The hanging could also have to do with how they cure tobacco leaves. A lot of what we do in the cannabis world has been inspired by that industry. You can tell the difference between a cheap, half assed wrapped cigar vs. a high quality, properly grown and kept cigar any day of the week. Smell, taste, texture, appearance; all are factors affected by the dry and cure of the original leaf.

The wet trim vs. dry trim debate is big. I've tried both ways over the years and prefer a dry trim. Seems the buds don't wind up with as much of a risk of chlorophyll taste when trimmed dry. Also easier as you'll be able to see the underside of the leaves which need removed. A lot of the trim debate is for bag appeal too. Frankly, I don't care what the bud looks like as long as it smokes good. Not saying I want to smoke leaves but if them leaves have trichomes and aren't going to be used for hash, let me get em up in my bowl.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

This guy is a turd. Hang dry at low temps and 50RH with sugar leaves intact.

Same turd, different vid--

ALLBUD

Junk

Junk

Dude doesn't seem to be the most proficient of growers. I wonder if he realizes that his lack of having foliage in his end goals is impacting the size of his buds? Seriously, I'm micro and my buds come out bigger than his.

You mean "foil-age?" as he calls it lol

That second video, I realize now the kid is not normal. There is something wrong with him.

All bud...hard mode, hard mode, Super LEMON haze, all bud, all bud....all bud. < That's not normal lol.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
It's all that premature weed he's smoking. With his nute burn and all. Scary thing is, he's probably got some kind of following of other kids that think he's all legit and knows wtf time it is. Buds looks airy, premature, like they were grown three feet under a T8 fluorescent. Some people shouldn't be granted any genetics, even if they are those "fancy" colored GHS crap seeds.

G gnome

G gnome

Im sittin here after watching the last vid .....do i wanna waste 10 more minutes of my life? Sure why not lol

Tnelz

Tnelz

I really tried bro. Lol. There is no right or wrong way. Their is only the way that works for u. I've done it every single way there is. From sublimation which I feel is the best albeit time consuming but end result is amazing. For the record I don't do it that way anymore. In any case I have now settled into dry trim and hang in as cool a room as I can get it. Followed by as long a cure as I can stand which at this point is about 14 to 30 days. If u don't know about sublimation pm me. Don't feel like getting into it here. We had an amazing thread on it about a year or two ago. Causes quite a stir but I assure u ur bud has never tasted so good. Had some amazing old school growers give it a shot and agree. Respect.

str8smokn

str8smokn

First off douchbag waits until the end of flower to spray and try to make feminized seeds,I'm no breeder but I know that's late as fuck..
Second from the look of his plants he doesn't know much, look at this trim its all covered in crystals ,just a bowl of this will fuck you up..
I'm good , I will learn from the Pimps on here who know their shit!!
STR8

Junk

Junk

The guy is obviously not right in the head. I showed someone in the know & they said he is almost definitely on the Autistic Spectrum.

Not that I want to laugh at someone like that, but the second video, I laugh pretty good. Each time I watch it, it gets funnier.

I asked where he is getting this "research." Picking off all the fan leaves?...well, he just doesn't understand how plants work I guess.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok. First, it helps regulate the drying (and curing) process to have the fan leaves draped over the buds.
Second, it really protects the buds.
Third, I feel that the cure I get when hanging the whole plant upside down is a bit truer to each plant's profile, if that makes any sense.
Fourth, it's EASIER. I dry, then allow to cure, then I worry about trimming. When I first started I tried to do it the way I was being told. "Oh, you've gotta fresh trim!" My first plant took my hours and by the time I was done, it wasn't a 'fresh' trim anymore, it was a drooped trim. Talk about a pain in the ass!

Junk

Junk

Ok. First, it helps regulate the drying (and curing) process to have the fan leaves draped over the buds.
Second, it really protects the buds.
Third, I feel that the cure I get when hanging the whole plant upside down is a bit truer to each plant's profile, if that makes any sense.
Fourth, it's EASIER. I dry, then allow to cure, then I worry about trimming. When I first started I tried to do it the way I was being told. "Oh, you've gotta fresh trim!" My first plant took my hours and by the time I was done, it wasn't a 'fresh' trim anymore, it was a drooped trim. Talk about a pain in the ass!

That is the exact reason I went to dry trimming. Harvest day was a dreaded day. If I just cut & hang, it splits the work up nicely.

How are you curing if it's not trimmed yet? Or an I not understanding you correctly? I do the curing in glass jars...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I cure the plant whole, hanging upside down. I allow the RH to come up in the basement to do that. In the future, in my dream world, I'll have a walk-in humidor like Bulldog and Blaze. :)

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I cure the plant whole, hanging upside down. I allow the RH to come up in the basement to do that. In the future, in my dream world, I'll have a walk-in humidor like Bulldog and Blaze. :)

I'm with you @Seamaiden. Our respected brother of the bud, @Bluzboy, built out a cedar lined closet for hanging, drying, and curing purposes.

outwest

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

I'm with you @Seamaiden. Our respected brother of the bud, @Bluzboy, built out a cedar lined closet for hanging, drying, and curing purposes.

outwest
Thanks for the mention my cherished brother of the grow @outwest...and for our esteemed and deeply respected sister of the grow @Seamaiden, just for you, our erudite compassionate moderator of magnificence to the nth degree, some pics of my, mine, that's me, the Ol' Bluzboy,....I'm preetttty sure its me...okay, checked the mirror, its me(been smoking LSD J's all by myself)... oh, yeah ...this is my cedar lined walk in closet cure room with all the goodies in hangings from across many harvests.....this cedar lined closet cure room has served me really well Seamaiden and I believe a cedar lined closet would serve you Seamaiden well also as a cure room......that "Hamantashen", in the last three pics, is Kosher Kush X Girl Scout Cookies by Homebrew420 Seamaiden and it is like super yummy potent super duper kush cookie flowers I got to say...
So there you have it, pics of my cedar lined closet from here out on the fracking wild plains of Weld cause its "Two For Tuesday" room pics, so I posted 4, maybe 5 pics while I'm smoking J's of LSD all by myself and that's how I count when I do that...jamming in my music room loudly till wife gives me a size 5 women's steel toed boot to the head to stop as well tonight...
Crazy Ol Mile High Prattling while Jamming and smoking J's of LSD all by hisself Bluzboy....
CureRoom23May2015  A1
KosherKush 01
HB420HamantashA1
HB420HamantashA2
TangHazeMedManDay69A1

Top Bottom