Trim Pal

• Thread starter darkmadder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
darkmadder

darkmadder

I've been growing for decades and would never think of using an automatic trimmer but I wanted to tighten up on security as my operation grew. I've always trimmed dry so I started researching dry trimmers and like what I saw and read on Trim Pal. Long story short I purchased the 4 unit trimmer and I couldn't be happier with it. I dry full trees as normal for 14 days and then I break down the plants and feed the machine. Obviously it's not as nice as hand trimmed but it's pretty damn close and it's way worth it just on the fact I can run a 16K operation solo.
Bubba Kush nugs with Trim Pal

Helen Back Trim Pal

Helen Back Trim Pal

darkmadder

darkmadder

So someone just sent me this email. I'm not gonna name them as I'm not here to throw anyone under the bus but will someone please explain to me what they're saying or asking? I thought my post was pretty self explanatory. Here's their pm.

"Im in the market at this very moment 4 a machine. Im lookin into the centurion, thr shearline, satellite or T4 by twister. Can you give me any info or links ? Are the buds in the pic already curdd though? They look dense as FUCK bro. IDK man... i gotta B honest with U, im thinkin yer trollin N them nugz wer done the ol' fashioned way and theyre cured already. If not, KUDOS ! Theyre friggin DENSE n look DANK as hell man. HMU whrn you get a chance. Thanx."

Perhaps he missed the part about Trim Pal being a dry trimmer and I mentioned they were dried 14 days prior to trimming...doh

Last edited:
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I have a TrimPal, changed my life. Ask @Seamaiden as well, she loved using the trimpal as well. Trims BETTER than I could, but I suck at trimming. If your trimming up a unit or two, hand trimming still is better. However, when talking 10+ units, it's a no brainer.

Like the OP said, now you don't have to worry about trim crews on your property. And it trims very well.

darkmadder

darkmadder

Also, how is that Helen Back? I picked up a pack from swamp boy seeds, good stuff?
Yes @Seamaiden video helped me make my dicision....along with that entire thread. As far as Helen Back goes you won't be disappointed. Here's a thread with my Helen Back fresh flower. I have more pics but I need to grab them off my computer at the warehouse. I'll look into that later today. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/darkmadders-flowers-etc.75526/#post-1516355

below frigid

below frigid

Dark are those buds straight out of the machine or did you have to touch them up a little?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I find the clean up after the machine if needed consists of trimming the stems, because the machine can make some fray stems. Then any crows feet left on, and done.

This year for my light deps I got rid of everything by only touching up my packs, maybe 30 min per pack.

darkmadder

darkmadder

looks like they still need a touch up
I find the clean up after the machine if needed consists of trimming the stems, because the machine can make some fray stems. Then any crows feet left on, and done.

This year for my light deps I got rid of everything by only touching up my packs, maybe 30 min per pack.
You hit the nail on the head. Crows feet and frayed stems....bingo! Simple as apple pie

F

FooDoo

I too was in seas thread because I was in the market for a dry trimmer but u went with the GreenBroz $5k unit.

I didn't like the way the trim pal rolled everything around and made all the buds look like rounded raisins.

GreenBroz trimmer does a great job while keeping the outside texture and crevices intact

Junk

Junk

Is it just the strain, or do you do something to make them that round/compact? Mine tend to be frizzy?

I still hand trim, even though I despise it. Because I haven't found a mechanical one that I like. I will check this one out.

darkmadder

darkmadder

@darkmadder How do you use the trimpal? You fully cure your nugs right? About what moisture level are you talking? @Seamaiden seems to like 65%Rh-ish and I tend to bring the moisture down to 55% RH. Do you have a preference?
I dry my plants whole for a total of 14 days. I don't even remove the fan leaves prior to drying. I keep my dry room at 70 degrees and 65% humidity. The same day my units are finished being trimmed I have two different dispensary owners fighting over everything I have.

darkmadder

darkmadder

That's more $ than I was hoping.
I spent close to 5K for my unit but considering what it cost to get my warehouses up and running that's pocket change. Especially when you take security into consideration. Even if you've got a solid trim crew some outside onlooker knows your harvest schedule just by the simple fact that you've got a crew of people coming in and out of your spot at harvest. I don't overlook or under estimate shit. If your not street smart you won't last. That's of coarse my humble opinion.

Top Bottom