Trim Pal

• Thread starter darkmadder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FooDoo

@darkmadder How do you use the trimpal? You fully cure your nugs right? About what moisture level are you talking? @Seamaiden seems to like 65%Rh-ish and I tend to bring the moisture down to 55% RH. Do you have a preference?

I'm.with you. 65% is still wayyyyy too wet. 55%-60% is perfect. Buds still have moisture but the leaves on the otlutside have turned slightly crispy and flake off easily

F

FooDoo

Is it just the strain, or do you do something to make them that round/compact? Mine tend to be frizzy?

I still hand trim, even though I despise it. Because I haven't found a mechanical one that I like. I will check this one out.

That's from them rolling around on each other for 10-30 mins . like a snowball going down a hill. As they roll the outside texture gets more rounded and smooth

Junk

Junk

No, no problem with what you are doing.

I produce only for me personally, so you can see why that's a lot.

I wish there was a quality $100 unit. I don't care how fast I can process. I just want to save myself from all the trim work, but not end up with those nugs I see sometimes with no stalked trichs left.

Usually, you get what you pay for, so i think what I want to pay for & the quality I'm looking for just never align with trimmers....for my needs.

Junk

Junk

I'm.with you. 65% is still wayyyyy too wet. 55%-60% is perfect. Buds still have moisture but the leaves on the otlutside have turned slightly crispy and flake off easily

That's well within the margin of swing different hygros have. You may well be talking about the same humidity but the measurement device is just giving you a different label.

I think I may be the only person in the world who finds drying for 2 weeks at 50% & 60 degrees to be far too long for the initial phase...

darkmadder

darkmadder

I'm just answering questions brother. I'm not here looking for approval. Gotta get to cloning. I've got a couple hundred to do plus clean and disinfect three of my rooms. Have a good day peeps.

darkmadder

darkmadder

I get top dollar for my raisins all day long . In my opinion your end product depends more on your skill as a grower than anything else.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I spent close to 5K for my unit but considering what it cost to get my warehouses up and running that's pocket change. Especially when you take security into consideration. Even if you've got a solid trim crew some outside onlooker knows your harvest schedule just by the simple fact that you've got a crew of people coming in and out of your spot at harvest. I don't overlook or under estimate shit. If your not street smart you won't last. That's of coarse my humble opinion.
Mine as well. After the home invasion, fuck bringing in outsiders.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, it's not, not after drying and curing. Curing is done at 60%-65% in my world, comes out great. :p
That's from them rolling around on each other for 10-30 mins . like a snowball going down a hill. As they roll the outside texture gets more rounded and smooth
No, it's from them being too dry and then being put in that trimmer.

F

FooDoo

No, it's not, not after drying and curing. Curing is done at 60%-65% in my world, comes out great. :p

No, it's from them being too dry and then being put in that trimmer.

I happen to think whether wet or dry they'll turn out like that. Lend me a trim pal and you can borrow my GreenBroz and I'll test that theory out .. harvesting in 3 weeks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I happen to think whether wet or dry they'll turn out like that. Lend me a trim pal and you can borrow my GreenBroz and I'll test that theory out .. harvesting in 3 weeks
It's what you think, but I'm guessing you haven't actually done it. I have. I don't have a TrimPal to lend out, unfortunately, only my experience and the vids I did.

darkmadder

darkmadder

I'm going to have to disagree based on my experience. I just harvested cookies and bubba and both come out round when finished regardless if you trim by hand or machine. When I harvest og's and run them through TrimPal they keep their structure. I'll try and dig up some pictures tonight and show you the difference but trust me I've got no reason to lie.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I find myself right in the middle of what you guys are saying.

drying/curing should occur at 60-65%. I agree with that.

Seamaiden's buds turned out great, and didn't get that balled look to them. Still had character, peaks and valleys.

However I find the trimmer to work much faster when the buds reach 55% RH. The trick here is not to over spin. If you leave your product in for too long at 55% rh, then everything comes out looking the same. No character, peaks or valleys. Varies from strain to strain also.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

lol, I was talking in the trimmer if your referring to me. Hand trim for the best quality no doubt.

F

FooDoo

Bubba x tk

I snagged this crappy cell pic when I first got the GreenBroz. Don't remember what rh% this was at . I'll make a better write up with Nikon pictures in a new thread

IMG 20150808 115000520

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
However I find the trimmer to work much faster when the buds reach 55% RH. The trick here is not to over spin. If you leave your product in for too long at 55% rh, then everything comes out looking the same. No character, peaks or valleys. Varies from strain to strain also.
I found that even just a few minutes at that RH led to very rounded buds. But, they were damn near done after that brief stint. Going with the higher RH takes quite a bit longer, much longer. But, you allowed me that luxury of time, so thank you. :D

Top Bottom