Trimming 1500 + plants ... Need Advice & Direction ...

• Thread starter digging
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Papa

Papa

Supporter
When its all wet do you put it on screens? How do you dry it when its in nug form like that?

check out humboldtlocal's gallery. all the pics are there, including the screens.

Papa

H

humboldtlocal

I am quite the fan.
IMG 5311

IMG 5467

IMG 5285

IMG 5302

IMG 5603

IMG 5286

IMG 5602

IMG 5718

IMG 5607

IMG 5422bubba

ncga

ncga

Take two after loseing a 20 minute post :(

If you hired me as your consultant( my day job) I would tell you to reduce you plant count and then maybe you have a chance. now you are heading for a cluster F***K

First off you are to late. You needed to get all of your harvest supplies on site way before now. I learned my outdoor guerrilla skills 15 years ago by people that were around long before 215. I got to start learning about it when outdoor was only local strain and $4250 a pound in Mendo was the going rate .

The reason we started in February was to give the grass a time to grow in and cover your tracks

I worked in a camp that had 400 plants and I got to have a small breeding garden of 20 plants. So my advise for my clients and you, comes from a few years and over 100 different gardens .

A generator sound will travel a long way. You can tell who is growing indoors or harvesting if you have lived off the grid. NOBODY has a generator running that long to recharge batteries

I was taught old school how to stay safe and have a good product. If you can sell it all by December forget the rest of this. But if you want brown no smell or worse pot skip this point. I came to the great outdoors from a stay in the indoor world for 10 years. I thought all pot had to be slow tried and cured . Well I thought how these outdoor people were dong it would not work, I was wrong.

The first day I hiked in at harvest it was a rainy day and I was horrified to see 6 large plants just laying on the ground with a tarp over them. I said why can't they be used. Well if they came into the tent they would spread the botrytis to all plants. You see you need to work backwards and have enough drying space

We used to dry in n old Army tent. The Canvass tent had two layers above it. The first was a plastic camo tarp and the top layer was camo netting. The netting over the years built up a layer of leaves so it looked more natural under the trees. We then would use the propane we hauled up to dry it. (This worked because the tent would not create indoor rain via condensation)

Plants were harvest as whole as possible and place in tarps. We then would form human trains to carry the tarps back to base camp. The plants were then hung upside down and "Field trimmed. This was the removal of just the large fan leaves( this left the smaller leave and less chlorophyll to protect the buds). When the plants were stem snapping dry they were "broken down" into smaller buds with a bit of stem then they are cut off into large file boxes. Then heated from the Mr Stove propane heaters. The buds rotated until dry. Again testing the stems. Buds get placed into paper bags and dried more. Just when you think it's dry.... it will re hydrate. Bags are opened and closed for a few days. Then a turkey bag is placd over the outside of bag. Again opened and closed until it's so dry you want to cry. Then the top of the paper bag is folded over and the turkey bag seald. This is now placced inside a double layer of black trash bags. Now it is ready to buried or transported off site for safe storage.

We hold a few units back to get trimmed as we go to cover harvest cost . When all product is in the ground or out we have a nice final meal.

It takes a full time person for logistic, food water and drinks. this is scaled to the size of your crew. I cant believe when it was my shift, I would haul up a whole weeks worth of nice fresh and frozen foods ( my night job is a chef )

After all is secure the product comes back for trimming. If needed it is slightly rehydrated then hand trimmed. I'm oldschool and the thought of taking time to harvest then to toss it into a blender :( not me) . I know a member here who did the tumble machine, spent a ton but went back to hand trimmed. I feel my product looks better also.

Low impact

I have the same crew no every year. Friends take vacation time to stay on the property.

A You can really piss your neighbors with a lot of in and outs at harvest.

B with a lot of people coming and going you announce how much you have.

I think if you were to shoot for 200 to 400 max you would get the same yield as you will from your 1500. Also I would do some water math. My plants need up to 6 gallons per day. Do you have that covered ? Again without take all the water so no other can use the source ?

So I had a lot more but this is the second round. You would be better in focusing on Quality unless you re doing it South of the boarder style and are going for Volume over quality.

Make sure you have lots of Oxidate on hand because if we get news of a season ending rain ( storms 1 day apart for more than 5 days )you are sunk . My 20 x 30 WOOD barn now really only holds about 6 plants. If pushed maybe 10 but only with us working fast to get fan leaves off and out of the space. less moisture makes drying the rest easier.

Oxidate will slow Boytritus and can be sprayed during the day to kill boytritus. And Powdery Mildew. Don't bring wet plants in unless you have a big Santa Fee Dehumidifies and lots of heat. Will leave something for the other old timers to comment on.

Don't listen to HumLocal LOL he gets to sleep in a warm bed every night LO

nc

H

humboldtlocal

Great post. Reminds me of the good ol days. I don't miss them at all. I do sleep like a baby.:winking0067:

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Danny, sorry if that came off sounding like it was directed at you. There are just so many people on these forums saying use this use that and they don't have the hands on experience. You obviously do. I have a thread on the other forum ( i c m a g )that pretty much details my experience with both machines and why I think one is better than the other. There are also a lot of other users talking about their experience. Plenty of Tumbleweed/Samurai owners bitching it up as well. I won't go into it all here because I have already gone over it many times. All I will say is that a Ferrari and a pinto are both a car but they are not the same at all. Again, no disrespect meant. Keep that thumb green.:flower
There are also lots of trimming machine reviews at
http://www.harvestreview.com/

No bubbles no troubles brah>>>Thank you for turning my onto the Twister>>>>I just remember first hand how much work it is and that tumbleweed really came threw last summer for my bro:) Im in a position now where I want to invest in one and I think after checking out that link and further research on the deal>>>>>the Twister is the direction I'll go:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
this thread just blows my mind.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Yep, very informative Kid:passingjoint:

gtd

mack 10

mack 10

you guys are killin me, wish i had lots of lbs to worry about trimming! got to respect the outdoor and and old skool gorilla's. heavy harvests for all;)

D

digging

ncga, plants are already planted and in the ground growing., so not to late at all, we are right on schedule !

We have been planning this since January.

We grew 100 female plants of both Skunk Kush and White Russian. These 100 plants were the mothers for our clone cuttings.

Since we are at the stage we are now, our thoughts collectively have turned to harvesting, thus the reason for making this thread, and inquiring about advanced trimming methods.

As expressed earlier, come hell or high water we will finish off our project as planned.

D

Donk Frog

Nice thread... I will be putting out 20 plants that are already 3'-4' tall,
and another 200 that are under a foot....the small ones are going to get less attention and it's all going to make hash and BHO, the 20 big girls are for bud.
I like the idea trimming machines :)

ncga

ncga

digging

I put out info geared to NorCal. Now I see you are doing White Russian.

Have you tried that outside in your area before ? It is one of the later finishing strains. But I like to go late with cloudy trics.

Oh to be young and think everything always works.

When I said January I was talking about having transported ALL your ear in place now. I also go flying every other year. You can spot gardens from the air with ease . Human trails look like small roads. Find the water , look for the trail BINGO a garden. You can go to a local airport and take a learning flight, or you are looking at properties. It will change how you view things

Nice you are thinking about harvest but a small practice run would have helped a lot.

What about water ? You do know the fine for diverting water is bigger than growing in Cali $115K to $250K no trial just due upon citation, Cali is broke. No need to lock you up just put a life sentence on all your future earnings.

nc

U

ugmjfarmer

What about water ? You do know the fine for diverting water is bigger than growing in Cali $115K to $250K no trial just due upon citation, Cali is broke. No need to lock you up just put a life sentence on all your future earnings.
nc

Dude NC your so informative! Your two posts in re: to the question are like killer spot on. You rock

I find it hard to believe that the right person and the right circumstances will be put together on a remote grow to make those charges stick. Shrug.. isn't CAMP all Feds/Federal ops so the California authority required might not be there. Either way, that's one thing you don't want to find out the hard way about! Yikes.

H

humboldtlocal

Digging, how is your garden coming along? Did you make a decision on how your going to trim?

squarepusher

squarepusher

make sure to post some finished flowers on budtrader dot com for some cali peeps to get some when they rdy ;p

Venom818

Venom818

Man are you gonna ahve your hands full>>>.But it can be done:)
Ya first need to spend some money and get a
Trim Pro station>>>>>Use that to rough it out>>>>Pulls all the water leafs and big larf off the plant to get it ready for your Tumble Weed or Samurai.
It will take about a crew of 6 or more to get things done efficiently>>>>Usually 2 on the trimpro and 4 guys husking the plants into the hopper of the Tumble Weed/Samurai and one on quality control. Run it threw the Tumble weed a couple of times for best results.
I really dont see any other way for you to achieve such a task with out 50+ mexicans helping:)
Them tumble weeds are pricey but well worth it if you plan on taking down that big of a crop.

:passingjoint:

gtd

thats right we get shit done hit me up for help :character0025::character0025::character0025:

D

digging

Hi Humboldtlocal:

Thanks for checking in.

Everything is going great Humboldt, we are so excited !!!

This is a lot of work, not that we are afraid of hard work, but between all of us having full time jobs plus our project work, we all seem to be just working and sleeping.

With regards to trimming, we would really like to go with two twisters back to back, but we have and wait to see how cash flow allows. If we do not have the cash flow to purchase two Twisters, we are hoping to at least purchase one Twister and one of The Stripper leaf trimmers that are made in Switzerland.

If we are unable to purchase at least one Twister this season, we will purchase a couple of the The Stripper machines from Switzerland, process as much as we can every night after cutting, then hang to dry and then do the finer detail trimming once it's dry.

Do you have any suggestions for us if we have to go the route of two The Stripper Machines?

I understand the 2010 Twister model have been fully waterproofed, as well as having a Teflon cutting blade chamber, so it sounds like the Twister people are continually updating this great machine.

How is everything going with this years grow for you?

Can I also ask you please, what do feel is a great Indica outdoor strain? Planning ahead for next year already.

Thanks for your help and support !!!

All the best, Happy Growing !!!

H

humboldtlocal

Glad it is coming together for you Dig, don't let anyone here discourage you. Most people will go their whole lives regretting they never followed their dreams. Don't be one of them. When you say the Stripper machine from switzerland are you talking about the little corkscrew wire with the handle on it? They have videos of it on youtube. I bought one of those and tried it last year and it was a no go. It looks like it works in the vid but it doesn't. Maybe on skinny dry branches but it was not working on my thick freshly harvested branches. If you are talking about something else I would love to know about it.
This year is going great. Have you checked my thread in the outdoor forum?
I have never bought any seeds from another breeder or online. I can't really give you any advice there. I have done most of my own breeding over the years with genetics from friends all around the Emerald Triangle. I also have a few choice local clones I work with. I am sure if you give us an idea of what your growing conditions are like you will be bombarded with advice on what you should be growing by other members.

H

humboldtlocal

Oh I found the stripper you speak of. It looks like an overpriced overbuilt Trim Pro. They work good for big leafing but that's about it. Don't waist your money.

Top Bottom