Trimming During Flowering?

• Thread starter Badboar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

Defol on the way into flower. Defol again at 2 weekish or so after bud set. Then it's strain dependent on if I even defol again or defol 3 more times.

meh, i just pick off a few every once and a while. especially bottom ones that are completely shaded out and blocking low lying air flow. and i take a few middle ones too, to get some light and air into the middle of the canopy. plants dont seem to notice me plucking incrementally, but l've seen guys whackin of 60% or more, and still pull ok. so its a learning experience as you go. what works for you and your enviro, strains, grow style etc....

like anything else with these girls, start slow, but most of all have fun!

ever hear of "Schwazzing" it's a sequence for defoliation of cannabis plants in the flower stage - defoilate in week 1 and then again in week 3 I mean they do a HEAVY defoliation - but the results are un-believeable. This method is also mentioned in the book called "Tree of Life" cost $300.00 there is a video of this will find and post it - I do see the principle of it- removing anything that's blocking light To increase terpene's and essential oils take off all fans leaves 4 days before harvest, the buds really swell and stack

H

hawkman

New Moon is a 'resting phase' for vegetation...lots of good Moon related sites out there if one wants more info...:>)...
so you go by the phases of the moon ? know some outdoor's fellows that grow this way

fishbuds

fishbuds

ever hear of "Schwazzing" it's a sequence for defoliation of cannabis plants in the flower stage - defoilate in week 1 and then again in week 3 I mean they do a HEAVY defoliation - but the results are un-believeable. This method is also mentioned in the book called "Tree of Life" cost $300.00 there is a video of this will find and post it - I do see the principle of it- removing anything that's blocking light To increase terpene's and essential oils take off all fans leaves 4 days before harvest, the buds really swell and stack
ive heard of it and seen some testimonials. im sure this will not work with "any" strain, and "any" environment. i think the guys whackin it like that have dialed that shit in. they didnt just pick a bag seed yank off all its leaves and call it a schwazz. strain, lights, food, co2, im sure all play a role. im just a poor old soil guy so what do i know ;)

fishbuds

fishbuds

so you go by the phases of the moon ? know some outdoor's fellows that grow this way
ive seen anecdotal evidence of moon phase planting benefiting some direct seeded outdoor plants, specifically, beets, carrots, and turnips. When starting tomato and pepper seeds indoors under arti lights, i doubt they get the same benefit, but who really knows.

H

hawkman

ive seen anecdotal evidence of moon phase planting benefiting some direct seeded outdoor plants, specifically, beets, carrots, and turnips. When starting tomato and pepper seeds indoors under arti lights, i doubt they get the same benefit, but who really knows.

Yea !! I agree

H

hawkman

ive heard of it and seen some testimonials. im sure this will not work with "any" strain, and "any" environment. i think the guys whackin it like that have dialed that shit in. they didnt just pick a bag seed yank off all its leaves and call it a schwazz. strain, lights, food, co2, im sure all play a role. im just a poor old soil guy so what do i know ;)[/QUOTE

agree , your right - with that type of defoliation - nutrient amounts need to be dialed in !

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Sure they do, the moons gravity isnt Influenced by walls.

fishbuds

fishbuds

Sure they do, the moons gravity isnt Influenced by walls.
too true dbag, walls aint gonna stop the moon from doing its business, and even tho i was tongue and cheek there, i still have never seen yield of indoor started tomatoes affected by planting time, but have seen others do better outside moon sown.

imho, what isnt often taken into account, is more 'weather' tends to occurs around these moon periods, especially near shoreline farms. more weather = more water = better germination/start

Badboar

Badboar

I will send a follow up photo in a few weeks hopefully we are well into flowering by then.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom