Trip to Cali???

• Thread starter Fred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
As I sit here waiting for yet another storm to roll in, I sure hope this all clears up for your trip.

No suggestions on hotels... wait... there's a place in Alameda I stayed at called The Marina Hotel. It was a nice room, great rates, near the water and freeways. We liked it, but I can't remember how I found it. Hotels dot com I think.

I'm sure we'll have some storms. Hoping it's more clear then not.

looks like your gonna make it out there before me fred suppost to be going in late june or july make sure you set up state residency at your friends address go get a state id go get med card go get the bud pick with your eyes and your sent its really that easy it should be done in the first day or so many people holed duel residency in seperate states its completly legal

Dude are you serious? I am asking her tonight how she feels about that. If she's cool with it I'm gonna try and get it done. I have a feeling this isn't going to be my last trip to Cali. Man Masses you've got my brain on fire bro....oh that could be the white fire I just smoked but still. Where's that rep button!!!

i'll have to spread some rep first..lol

C

CAPO

How exactly do you hold dual residency, when you go to get your ID what do you say to retain your out-of-state-DL?
I should be in the Bay Freddie about the time you are.lol

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Mapquest done for NNCC in Reseda. Thanks Bro! Glad you stopped in.

C

CAPO

Fred...I've looked into this and we've had many debates on the subject. I don't want you to get your hopes up on the MMJ card. Here's what I have found out. You can be a "dual" citizen of states for job or school, but you can only benefit from having one state's ID or DL. Check this DMV link for CA.

It states that you must surrender any ID or DL of any other province. So if you want a CA ID that will be your only one. It would be a major hassle switching back and forth. Plus it takes 60 days till they mail it to you.

:headbang

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I think your right Capo. I remember hearing something like that.

M

MASSES 420KING

How exactly do you hold dual residency, when you go to get your ID what do you say to retain your out-of-state-DL?
I should be in the Bay Freddie about the time you are.lol

go to your cali dmv/rmv use said address get photo id they should be able to issue a temporary id print right out in front of you[obviosly your gonna need your personal info ie ss# birth cert yada yada yada ] then go to closest dr maybe the kush dr or any other doc that advertises[they cant be that discriminating if there puttin out adds] also the reason i say to do this is because one of my wifes patients does it and holds a 215 card as well as a mass lic and cali lic and he actually has it legally shipped to him and he got his 215 card cause he fell and sprained his ankle when he was like 10:banana1sv6::banana1sv6::banana1sv6: gotta love cali and the peeps im headin out to see are in san fran so when i get out there BOW tokin that bomb bay for dayz

M

MASSES 420KING

oooh you would say that you need that[out of state id] because you own property out in mass[for instance] and you travel back and forth but cali is your new main residence

C

CAPO

oooh you would say that you need that[out of state id] because you own property out in mass[for instance] and you travel back and forth but cali is your new main residence

Wow...from all that I keep hearing is that a person isn't supposed to have more than 1 DL. Any more info you can give us from your friend would be highly appreciated! There's got to be a decent way around the system. When I get to the CA DMV and they pull me up on the computer it's gonna say I have another state's license. I'm probably gonna have to give the DMV a call and ask....or what your friend is doing might be on the slight. If that's the case I would like to know how to circumvent giving up my current DL. Please if you can double check this and let me know if you can. All I need like you said is a state ID and just keep my other DL. That might be key since it doesn't involve any tests or insurance. You say they give you a temp right then and there that can be used at the clubs?:smirk

C

CAPO

Just got off the phone with a friend in CA and he says he's convinced that even the issuing of an ID will cancel out your other state's DL. I'm gonna have to call the DMV myself to see if I can get some info concerning.
Sorry Fred if this is hijacking...just trying to make sure I don't fuck anything up.:wondering

F

FileError404

Not as easy as I thought... In CA you can't just transfer your DL, you'll have to take the written test to keep it. I passed 1st try and got a temporary license right away but I had to give up my TX license. The Doctor accepted the temp ID in conjunction with my passport and I got into all the dispensaries, but with all the fees, the test and getting your home license back, you have to ask yourself if it's really worth it. If you can just get some buds from your friends, you're lucky and should do just that. I didn't know anyone in CA so it made sense at the time but it's still a big pain in the ass... Of course, after going to CA and living the dream I had to move permanently... figure the CA move into your budget :D

M

MASSES 420KING

well if its really that important to keep your real state id go get a duplicate before you go hand them over your old one as long as your a licensed driver in any state your good in all states i mean guys now its just symantics theres loop holes in every system and to be honest we are not to into obeying the laws to the letter use the wiggle room to make it work 4 you capo my dude im doing it in june or july and the cool thing about the area of mass im in most of the police will honor and respect your medical possesion and grow show

M

MASSES 420KING

and ill have my wife talk to her patient when he gets his check-up so it wont be to long before i get that info to you capo

M

MASSES 420KING

the whole reason i say dual residency is my mother holds two dl on fla one mass she spends her winters in fla and her spring-xmas up north in mass so i am assuming you can hold a cali dl and your states dl but still go get a duplicate copy just in case i would hate to fuck someone up so to be safe get the dup b4 you head out there capo and fred and anyone else planning to do what we are

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not as easy as I thought... In CA you can't just transfer your DL, you'll have to take the written test to keep it. I passed 1st try and got a temporary license right away but I had to give up my TX license. The Doctor accepted the temp ID in conjunction with my passport and I got into all the dispensaries, but with all the fees, the test and getting your home license back, you have to ask yourself if it's really worth it. If you can just get some buds from your friends, you're lucky and should do just that. I didn't know anyone in CA so it made sense at the time but it's still a big pain in the ass... Of course, after going to CA and living the dream I had to move permanently... figure the CA move into your budget :D
I was going to make that point, but figured someone might jump my shit for it.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
No problem Capo. It's only helping out Bro! Been very busy so I appreciate the help.

Sounds like a lot work to me. Reality is starting to set in as it gets closer to go time. It's gonna be a lot like when I was 16 and trying to buy alcohol from people leaving the store. (Hey there ummm could you ummm do me umm... a favor please.) So close yet so far away. Can't take away the food and views though.

but with all the fees, the test and getting your home license back, you have to ask yourself if it's really worth it. If you can just get some buds from your friends, you're lucky and should do just that. I didn't know anyone in CA so it made sense at the time but it's still a big pain in the ass... Of course, after going to CA and living the dream I had to move permanently... figure the CA move into your budget :D

My friend lives in LA and she isn't a card holder or in the mmj scene. She can get some from her boss who said he would hook me up with a couple buds of his favorites. He's a super busy movie guy. Stupid vampire movies are keeping him too busy to hang out. I had the script for Twilight way before it was finished. Too bad I don't steal.....or Read....lol

I'm looking at it like this. It's San Franfuckinsisco for christ sake. If i can't hook up somethings wrong. I'll show em some of my buds and say whats up dude. Got better????

Reminds me of little trip out of the country. I had taken kushsage and purps to a resort. While out I was asked If i wanted any weed. I said let me see it, so we went down some alleys and back into the back room of a little shop. He pulled out 3.5 grams of swag and said 80 dollars. I said what? People pay that. I said come on dude you can do better then that. He said not a penny less or he would be in big trouble. I grabbed the purps that was in my pocket and grasped it tightly, smiled and said no thanks my wife will kill me if I spend that. I wanted to share but was scared to. We had a some on lookers by then. I acted like I only had 20 bucks left to my name and got the hell outa there...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
LMAO! San Fran's a hook-up, for sure. If not, hit the Tenderloin. Or Oakland.

I'm heading out to Puerto Rico in a couple of weeks, hoping los primos can hook me up.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
You will be alright fred>>>>>you just need to look me up when you hit gold country:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
LMAO! San Fran's a hook-up, for sure. If not, hit the Tenderloin. Or Oakland.

I'm heading out to Puerto Rico in a couple of weeks, hoping los primos can hook me up.

People were trying to sell me weed through fence at the airport in Puerto Rico. Can't say it's great but it's everywhere and they are not shy.

You will be alright fred>>>>>you just need to look me up when you hit gold country:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

Can't wipe the smile off my face right now. I'm in a hella good mood right now. I can make my plans and enjoy the trip without worries. Thanks brother man I'm stoked. I'll go back to San Fran and be showing them whats up....lol

:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy

Is that number still a good way to get in touch? I'll hit you up when I get there.

is that right....."hella good news".....how you say it...hehe :happy

:spacecraft:

fred

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
It's all over but the crying......:party0045::cool0010::boogie::sun2:

When I log on tomorrow I might just be there.

Danny. I'll be hunting you down like you were gold my friend. Freddy is ready! :spacecraft: Gold country here I come.......

I'll be all up in Cali over the next couple weeks.

Crying on the return flights.....lol

fred

Latest posts

Top Bottom