Tripeeee!

• Thread starter DreadNeck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DreadNeck

DreadNeck

What's up guys?
So...I go into my room this morning and I have a guest. Uninvited and certainly unwanted!
It's this crazy slime. I had it a couple of weeks ago. I pulled everything out of the system and ran bleach and then Physan-20. I pulled a toilet brush through all piping and manifolds..thorough cleaning to say the least!

But...it's back. It starts around the uniseals and then will move up onto the hoses and such but it begins colonization there. It has the consistency of a jelly fish. When you take it out of the water and smash it between your fingers it becomes like pulp or wet toilet paper.

The last go round with this it actually started to colonize on the air stones, I'll include pics of that as well. I talked to a friend about it and he said the stuff on the airstones actually looked like mycelium leading him to believe maybe my air pumps were sucking in a spore and it was colonizing on the stones. I replaced the stones. This time I have nothing on the air stones. Baffled

The last time I had it I saw some in the net pots as well. To say the least I am a little baffled. I thought Physan killed EVERYTHING including your plants if you aren't careful.

The first three pics are of the last go round the rest were taken today.

Open to suggestions.

Wish me luck!~DN

July4th  012
July4th  016
July4th  020
Slime 001
Slime 002
Slime 003
sky high

sky high

Though folks said time and time again that you could just run physan/etc through the UC to thoroughly clean it without breaking the system down completely and washing each peice by hand, I saw an incredible amount of >gunk< buried in the cracks of the uniseals when I tore my system apart. There was also gunky residue around some of the ells/glue joints of the PVC. Not much...but enough as I later found out.

Hope ya get it cleared up.

s h

J

Jalisco Kid

Try some enzymes on it. Naccosan from grow more is a better cheaper product then physan20. JK

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

fuckin eh, thats some gross shit right there :puke
are you using ro water?

DreadNeck

DreadNeck

Though folks said time and time again that you could just run physan/etc through the UC to thoroughly clean it without breaking the system down completely and washing each peice by hand, I saw an incredible amount of >gunk< buried in the cracks of the uniseals when I tore my system apart. There was also gunky residue around some of the ells/glue joints of the PVC. Not much...but enough as I later found out.

Hope ya get it cleared up.

s h

This system is a fresh install...I guess I'll break that bitch down though.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

might wanna treat your water with a UV light before introducing into the system.. I kept getting slimed awhile back(different looking slime though). I started treating all the water with uv first and havn't had any problems since... Just something to consider

S

smokestack23

JEZUS!!
So is this shit fouling-up the roots too? That's CRAZY how it grows on the seals like that. WOW. I just about vomited when I saw the pic of that slime on your hand. I wouldnt even be able to TOUCH that stuff. EWWWWWWW!

As JK asked...what nutes are you using? what kind of water?

I would really be careful with enzymes.They can tend to make some slime issues EXPLODE.
you think you got slime NOW!!

I do like 2 runs in my systems and then I build new ones. I just started using uniseals. Not the easiest thing to get..well easy enough I guess..just order them...cheap too.
I was thinking of just soaking them in Physan, Bleach, and H2O2 and re-using them but...maybe not.

FRICK man...I better not have nightmares now.
I can't get those pics out of my brain.

PEACE

DreadNeck

DreadNeck

I had this problem with tap water
and now I'm using RO
I think I'm just gonna break it down and get some Sunshine #4
The bad part is I just put cuttings in there so my mom is gonna need a couple of weeks before I can take anymore. I have heard horror stories
about getting clones from the dispensary.
Anyone know of a good solid clone source here in Denver?

DreadNeck

DreadNeck

JEZUS!!
So is this shit fouling-up the roots too? That's CRAZY how it grows on the seals like that. WOW. I just about vomited when I saw the pic of that slime on your hand. I wouldnt even be able to TOUCH that stuff. EWWWWWWW!

As JK asked...what nutes are you using? what kind of water?

I would really be careful with enzymes.They can tend to make some slime issues EXPLODE.
you think you got slime NOW!!

I do like 2 runs in my systems and then I build new ones. I just started using uniseals. Not the easiest thing to get..well easy enough I guess..just order them...cheap too.
I was thinking of just soaking them in Physan, Bleach, and H2O2 and re-using them but...maybe not.

FRICK man...I better not have nightmares now.
I can't get those pics out of my brain.

PEACE

Don't lose any sleep brother, I'm sure it's just something I picked up.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

I have read that RO machines don't get rid of algae spores in the water..
(dunno if spores is the right word, but yah...lol )
if you do give the system a whirl again, try out the uv light to sterilize the water after the RO machine is done with it :joint:

DreadNeck

DreadNeck

I have read that RO machines don't get rid of algae spores in the water..
(dunno if spores is the right word, but yah...lol )
if you do give the system a whirl again, try out the uv light to sterilize the water after the RO machine is done with it :joint:

I have another one of these set up without any issues, if the "slime" shows up in there...I'll definitely grab one. I'm gonna start a back up cycle in Sunshine in case I don't get a handle on this shit....and I do mean shit!! lol thanks for the tip B

A

aaxxeell

well seeing as how your using chem nutes and nothing with organic compounds, my best advice would be as follows:
- Clean off affected hoses and airstones
- Drop temps to 65
- minimize any contact of light or living material breaking down in the water i.e leaves or dead roots and stuff
- imho MOST importantly hit your rez with some more h2o2...

in tough cases like this in my ebb flow tables, every day ive dosed 0.2-0.5ml/L of 50% h2o2 (30-75ml in each 40gal rez) :mad0233:
now before everyone jumps down my throught about using so much h202 and burning the roots off my plants, my experience and many other growers in my area will have best success with this as we all run chemical nutes in "sterile" or "dead rez's"
Im not saying it'll work for everyone but it sure as hell worked for us and saved my ass with multiple grows...
It'll also be debatable how much to use specific to your plants as no single plant is the same.
my skunks, whiterussian, bubblegum, Northernlights, critical mass etc have allways been fine, however keep it simple and slowly raise it until desired levels.

stress less and h2-rock on brother :banana1sv6:

AX

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
have you?

I use fish tank algae inhibitor the plant freindly kind in my res. to stop algae ....maybe this might work for you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom