• Thread starter RootsRuler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

1/7/2023

Got some really nice genetics from some of my Cali Bros today. They're currently in the tent waiting for lights on while I finish fabricating my new exhaust port.

I moved my tent from the living room where I was exhausting through the chimney to my office and will now exhaust out one of the windows, but I need to make a fill in panel to connect the duct to it.

Moshs girls

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

1/07/2023

Tent Specs with lights on:

Temperature - 74.4*
Humidity - 59%
VPD - 1.02

First day in the tent. Need to go look for a small humidifier. My little POS finally died. Maybe I'll go hunting for a good used one at the Goodwill. I'd like to keep them in 70% - 75% humidity consistently. Spray bottle will do for now. Temperature should be ok as long as I can keep misting the girls.

Under the lights

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

01/08/2023

Light has been set to 6 p.m. - 12 noon schedule.

Lights off specs:

Temperature - 72.4*
Humidity - 69%
VPD - .68

Lights should be coming on in a couple hours.

Since I moved the tent from the living room to the office I needed to figure out a different place to vent out the hot, humid air. I could recirculate the air back into the office(Lung Room) and let the house A/C handle the exhaust but I don't like the idea of introducing heat and humidity into the atmosphere if I don't have to making it just that much harder to control the environment in the tent.

I have 2 windows in my office so I'm going to use one of them to exhaust the air out of but I'm going to need to fabricate a fill plate to cover the opening the outgoing duct is going to use to exhaust the air out along with a louvered dryer vent cover with 6" flange so I have somewhere to connect the duct to and keep bugs out at the same time.

I have one of those plastic window fill plates you get with the portable A/C's but I can't seem to find it so I'm going to get a piece of 1/4" plywood, cut 2 pieces that'll fit the window opening size I need and sandwich a piece of 1" R-tech to insulate.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

01/10/2023

Lights off specs:

Temperature - 74.9*
Humidity - 71%
VPD - .68

Found a little humidifer at the local Dirt Cheap(2nds/Returns Store) for $6 so now I'll be able to raise and sustain the humidity level closer to where I want it. I'm hoping it got returned by someone that thought they had a use for it but didn't and returned it. Nothing wrong that I can see with it and it seems to be working as it should. Lets see how long it actually lasts!

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

01/10/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 76.5*
Humidity - 80%
VPD - .62

So far my little investment is doing pretty good. A little too good!🥸

It's raised the tent humidity to 80% where I want it but it's pushing past that so I'll need to turn it down until I hit that point where it settles into a constant reading. As long as it stays between 75% - 80% I'm good.

It has a 1.2 Gal reservoir and I started it at 2:30 p.m. at the full setting. It's 10:30 p.m. here and it's roughly half full now. That's 8 hours so one tank will last me roughly 16 hours before I need to fill it again. I need to turn it down to it's lowest setting and see if it will maintain humidity levels but if it does then the tank should last longer before refill.

01102023 humidifier

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

tuned in to this show, what kinda foods and soils ya fixin on running?
Real Basic.

Roots Organic Original Soil amended with some Extreme Gardening Mycos for media. GH FloraNova Grow and Bloom, Hormex, Cal Mag and Silicate for food. Bud Candy 1st 6 weeks of flower. Voodoo Juice 1st two weeks after transplant.

Last edited:
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Count me in!!! I love high humidity grows in veg, they really take off! Can’t wait to see the future!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Count me in!!! I love high humidity grows in veg, they really take off! Can’t wait to see the future!
Ultimately I'd like to pick up AC Infinity's Humidifier and tie it into the controller so that I can automate the humidity control. I have the T6 w/ Controller 67 but I think after a grow or two more I may upgrade to their Controller 69 WiFi and their T8 fan. The 6" is good but it's getting put through its paces. I can live with it but it just takes longer to dial it in. The T6 is perfect for a 4 x 4 setup.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

01/12/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 74*
Humidity - 76%
VPD - .68

One of my clones is looking a little bland. I think I was blasting it with too much light. I forgot to check the dimmer and it was at 100% so I did a LUX check and, sure enough, way too much light. Repositioned the light higher and dimmed it down to 25%. The two outer pots are getting a little lighter but the middle pot is more or less where it was before. I'll wait another day or two and then water in a 50% mix. Set them with LUX readings at the top of the canopy at 5700 LUX/98.23 umol/s/m2.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

01/14/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 75.8*
Humidity - 67%
VPD - 1.03 kPa

The FS seems to have faired the worse for its trip out of the 3 cultivars. It was looking a little sad but it seems to be perking up a bit so I think I'll feed them at 1/2 strength tomorrow. Pots felt about half dry. The feed should green up the girls and get them moving.

01142023Perking Up

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

01/08/2023

Light has been set to 6 p.m. - 12 noon schedule.

Lights off specs:

Temperature - 72.4*
Humidity - 69%
VPD - .68

Lights should be coming on in a couple hours.

Since I moved the tent from the living room to the office I needed to figure out a different place to vent out the hot, humid air. I could recirculate the air back into the office(Lung Room) and let the house A/C handle the exhaust but I don't like the idea of introducing heat and humidity into the atmosphere if I don't have to making it just that much harder to control the environment in the tent.

I have 2 windows in my office so I'm going to use one of them to exhaust the air out of but I'm going to need to fabricate a fill plate to cover the opening the outgoing duct is going to use to exhaust the air out along with a louvered dryer vent cover with 6" flange so I have somewhere to connect the duct to and keep bugs out at the same time.

I have one of those plastic window fill plates you get with the portable A/C's but I can't seem to find it so I'm going to get a piece of 1/4" plywood, cut 2 pieces that'll fit the window opening size I need and sandwich a piece of 1" R-tech to insulate.
I use the blue rigid foam between the inside & outside plywood for insulation and extra support. Plywood fits in outer window track, foam in middle space, plywood in inside window track.

Depends on type of window but great support and insulation R value.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I use the blue rigid foam between the inside & outside plywood for insulation and extra support. Plywood fits in outer window track, foam in middle space, plywood in inside window track.

Depends on type of window but great support and insulation R value.
Exactly what I had in mind. The blue rigid foam will also work. Right now it's chilly in my neck of the woods so I'm not exhausting heat and humidity out of the lung room as it's helping in keeping temp and humidity levels up by keeping it contained in the lung room and recirculating back into the tent.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

01/16/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 76.2*
Humidity - 78%
VPD - .68 kPa

Girls have left the shock stage and are beginning to get into their normal feed schedule. The high humidity has helped them recover and I plan on running it at this level for the next couple weeks before I top them and reduce the humidity to the 60% - 70% range. Temp parameters have been set to 72* - 78*. Next feeding should be in around 3 days.

Because these clones came from another garden I have been checking for mites or other pests along with disease. The tent was wiped down with 91% alcohol to remove whatever stickiness was on the inner surface and rinsed with a wet rag, wiped down with store bought Chlorox Bleach and wiped down again with a wet rag. I didn't have any pest or disease issues on the last grow so I don't anticipate any on this one. Famous last words.....

01162023 Feeding

Last edited:
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

In a way it’s easier in winter to grow indoors. Little chance of bugs. No heat waves. Warm the house with lights & humidity exhaust.

I enjoy working in the light when outside is gloomy or to cold to venture out.

You’re off to a great start!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

In a way it’s easier in winter to grow indoors. Little chance of bugs. No heat waves. Warm the house with lights & humidity exhaust.

I enjoy working in the light when outside is gloomy or to cold to venture out.

You’re off to a great start!
Thanks! I agree!🤓

Just got back form Cali yesterday so the girls were on auto pilot for a couple weeks. Now that I'm back, I set up each plant with their own bin to live in since they are ready to get transplanted into their 7 gal final cloth pots. Looks like they've firmly rooted and are ready for some topping and low stress training.

I removed the auto irrigate I used to water them while I was gone as I like to hand water at this stage since it's more infrequent than when the girls are in flower and it gives me a chance to give them a good inspection to make sure no issues are cropping up.

Since I'm not running the dehumidifier right now, as I'm trying to provide a high humidity environment at this stage, I don't have the dehumidifier to replenish the reservoir with fresh water so before I left I filled the reservoir with 15 gals of nutrient solution at 600 ppm/6.4 ph. The girls drank around 6 gal between the three of them and the solution tested at 6.1 ph the day I got back. Plan is to take some cuts while I start some LST and mother the best one of each cultivar.

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 75.4*
Humidity - 73%
VPD - .81 kPa

02032023 W3 Veg

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Welcome back! Hope you didn’t get to much snow while away.

Girls look good, nice prep. đź‘Ť

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Welcome back! Hope you didn’t get to much snow while away.

Girls look good, nice prep. đź‘Ť
Thanks!

Weather was nice in Cali. The drive back was a little treacherous since I had to drive through Texas and there was an ice storm happening.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanks!

Weather was nice in Cali. The drive back was a little treacherous since I had to drive through Texas and there was an ice storm happening.
My son drove thru that same storm said it was a real bitch - and he had all wheel drive

Moshmen

Moshmen

what are those strains - Florida strawberry, moonglow, what the 3 one? Blackberry moonshine? - anyhow lookin good I’m tagged in here !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom