Trixie's tricks and growing tips

• Thread starter Trixie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trixie

Trixie

My grow area is way too full to manage so I will remove some of the plants and put them outdoors. I have a night holding area for the outdoor plants and as long as cold temps are nightly they will stay in there at night and move back outdoors daily. The outdoor photoperiod is 11.8 hr and so I don't have to worry about re-vegging. Here are the moved plants in the holding area and then moved to their new outdoor location. With 50 days still to go these buds have enough time to fatting up.

IMG 4709

IMG 4763

IMG 4762

Trixie

Trixie

These photos are live now. Removing those few plants helped a lot because I was having problems watering. Plus the plants started dropping bottom leaves because of shading. I had two plants in the corners that weren't moving much water and I was in fear of root damage. With the new space, the plants can grow now and with 50 days still to go the buds should get a little more weight. . The leaf color is mostly from the light spectrum. Heres are some green photo shots.

IMG 4754

IMG 4752

IMG 4761

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Well I like this grow haha!🤩
Nothing wrong with cheap and ez at all. There's probably a million and one ways to grow this plant. It's just up to us to find what personally works best.
I've grown weed lots of different ways and settled on ez organics. I think we do a lot of similar things, just different ingredients.
RO water though...that's a game changer! Incredible what we can get away with using RO. My water was all messed up before going to RO. Now I don't even check or adjust pH, it's made my life that ez. 🙃

Trixie

Trixie

Here are the plants this week live. Since I moved some of the plants outdoors it's been so much easier with the indoor garden. However the indoor grow area is full again with little space to move around. Green shots of outdoor plants and indoor plants.

IMG 4814

IMG 4812

IMG 4804

IMG 4800

Trixie

Trixie

Placing the core higher than the ProMix will help with over-watering by exposing the root flair. This will allow the plant to have oxygen exposure while wet and still get the Oxygen needed in the root zone. Notice I only water the outer Promix and leave the FFOF dry.

One of the coolest things about using this method is using color tones to determine when to water. Here are 2 pots one that needs water and one that doesn't. Only water when the soil tone is a light color and never when it is dark, not even a little dark. Watering is so simple!

IMG 4741

Trixie

Trixie

If the pots get too hot outdoors the roots can get too hot and dry causing the root tips to die. In the outdoors, temps, 75f or 23c in the shade are easily 100f or 37c in full sun. I have to be very careful not to burn my plants. I have to buffer the containers to minimize the heat. I use extra large potting containers and greenhouse shade clothe. I still have less than a 12 hr photo period outdoors.

IMG 4874

IMG 4875

IMG 4873

Trixie

Trixie

I'm using a basic potting mix and good water with 1/2 the manufacturers' fertilizer recommendation and no additives. The ppm is around 300 to 400 max counting cal mag. The plant smell is beginning to take over the house. Easy-peasy way to grow and cheap too.

Last edited:
Trixie

Trixie

Wow, the prices of cannabis seeds have gone up and are so expensive these days. Don’t get me wrong, breeder seeds are “worth the money” from all the hard work involved in bringing quality seeds to the table. At these prices, I can’t afford to lose any seed during germination. Losing a 12-pack of seed can be costly. Over the past 10 years, I worked out a simple method for sprouting seeds that never fails. .

Trixie

Trixie

A lot of people in the growing business think that using low ppm soil is the best substrate to germinate seed in. I have found that it's not true and is the opposite of popular belief. Using a 4000 ppm is better than 300 ppm for seed germination and here's why.

When a seed is sowed directly in the soil and is born in that soil it adapts to whatever the EC is high or not. If the high EC is activated with every watering then only pure water is used to feed the seed sprout. It's exactly like Mother Nature does except in dixie cups.

Note: Paper towel germinated seeds won’t work very well because it’s too hot and will burn the seed tail or radicle. However, if you plant the seed directly into the FFOP or FFHF the seed tail or radicle adapts easily and grows like crazy if it's not overwatered...

Trixie

Trixie

Foxfarms Ocean Forest or Happy Frog, or Roots Orgainic are perfect potting mixes for starting seed in? I never lose breeder seeds and always have 100% success using FFOP or FFHF potting mixes. There are a couple of tricks needed to follow, but I guarantee 100% success. You got to use RAINWATER ONLY!!!!!!

I take a bag of Fox farms Ocean Forest or Happy Frog or Roots Organic and tumble it on the ground about 30 times to make sure the finer stuff gets mixed well.

Using a dixie cup with holes in the bottom I fill it up with loose soil and weigh it dry. Then water the cup completely and write both weights on top of the cup. Don’t pack the soil at all, let the water pack it.

Using a sharpened pencil, you plant the seed as deep as the end of the lead is from the paint color on the pencil. Maintain a 72f to 82f or 22c to 27c temperature range until sprouts.

Using the scales keep the cups at max wet weight for the first 48 hours then cut the water and put the cups under the lights on a 12/12 photoperiod and leave them alone. That’s it they always sprout every time. You don’t have to weigh every cup just one cup to get an idea of how much water you have. That's it, here are some plants from these cups.

Dixie cup plant

IMG 0127

Trixie

Trixie

Every time you add rainwater to the cups the nutrients are released and if you over-water you overfeed and that’s why you need to weigh the cups. I let the wet weight drop down to 20 grams from the dry weight before watering. Always keep at least 20 “water grams” Inside the cups at all times.

The reasons seeds fail in Fox Farms Ocean Forest or Happy Frog.
Wrong type water
Over or under watering
Too big of a container
Seeds planted too deep

Water management and water quality are the keys to 100% success for seed germination. I never lose a seed anymore.

Trixie

Trixie

I use the dixie cups to germ in, then up-pot to 1-gallon pots, using rainwater only in FoxFarms or Roots Organic. When the plants show their sex, I put them in a flowering-size container with Pro Mix and feed them with every watering at 1/2 or less the manufacturer's recommendation. I'm using the General hydroponics flora series base nutrient only without any additives.. The plants grow like crazy with little effort. Still, about 30 days left.

Next week I will give a report on the plants outdoors that I moved to save room indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom