Tropf Blumat Drippers + rep for help

• Thread starter moodster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

moodster

hi farmers im running 4 plants in coco and feeding GH nutes in 10 l pots would these drippers be any good for my 4 plants anyone seen/ use them before im currently hand watering them thanks farmers :character0029:

2DogWalker

Ive heard lots of good things, there is a thread here on blumats for more information....

2Dog

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I think it was seamaiden who talked about this system. Maybe she'll chime in.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I think sofakinghigh had a run with them as well -seems like they would be better in coco then in dirt

M

moodster

does the res have to be higher than the drippers for it to work ? i might order a set +rep to you all

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

does the res have to be higher than the drippers for it to work ? i might order a set

No. This is quoted from a website.

Tropf Blumat's irrigate outdoor/greenhouse plants perfectly. Tropf Blumats use ceramic technology to sense the moisture content of your soil / growing medium and will match the drip rate to the moisture requirements of the plants regardless of the number of plants or the size of the plants. Connects to a rain barrel or directly to your hose tap using a pressure reducer.

2DogWalker

The res does have to be higher than the drippers as it is a gravity fed system unless hooked to a pressurized water line, then a pressure reducer is required......

Make sure you get the patio version not the mini drippers I have done quite a bit of research and the biggest issue I have seen people have is that the pinch in one of the drippers would get stuck open and release a lot of water (one guy had each pot in a kiddy pool JIC). Seems to me organics do not go through here very well, but have heard many success stories using synthetic ferts, or just water and top feeding...

Have read to lower PPMs slightly from a DTW pressurized dripper as these feed more often in smaller amounts.... There is a ton of info if you search all the forums....

Let us know if you grab some, I am still heavily considering it as well....

Best
2Dog

K

kushtrees

Ive used these in coco with good results. Takes some dialing in for the right moisture and yes the res does have to be slightly higher as they are gravity fed. Be sure to get enough too, 1st time I used them my pot size was too big for the dripper and I got salt build up around the edges

Also I found enzymes left a a slime which is can clog the drip lines (if you pinch em water does come out quickly though) and drip clean is great for this product in coco expecially for salt build ups

best of luck youll love these things if done right

1satyr

I have grown with them for 4 years coco and dirt. You want the Blumat Maxi, and if growing large pots, you need satelittes, or its way better having 4 drippers than 1.

Also buy a tensiometer "Blumat digital"

They are truly the shit and you will never regret buying them. They will:

- let you go on vacation for as big as your rez, personal best 2 weeks week 5-7 flowering 100 liter Rez

- Give the plants water when the need it, around 80-120 Millibar is recommended, you decide when they should go on, rather how dry the media is allowed to dry out.

- Give the girls a much better watering than you can ever how to achieve if you are coming from handwatering.

- If you are in coco or dirt, buy them, They will make your life easier and yield better LOL

If you have serious questions, not answered via their website, like the one above with rez height etc, I am willing to answer, and tell what to watch out for and common mistakes.

I give them a 10 when it comes to cannaproducts, the hype is real.

M

mrbong73

Here's a link where you can buy them.
I would like to try these out too sometime. I think you can get away with one in a 3 gal pot but should do two in a 5 gal.
Sound right?

2DogWalker

I have grown with them for 4 years coco and dirt. You want the Blumat Maxi, and if growing large pots, you need satelittes, or its way better having 4 drippers than 1.

Also buy a tensiometer "Blumat digital"

They are truly the shit and you will never regret buying them. They will:

- let you go on vacation for as big as your rez, personal best 2 weeks week 5-7 flowering 100 liter Rez

- Give the plants water when the need it, around 80-120 Millibar is recommended, you decide when they should go on, rather how dry the media is allowed to dry out.

- Give the girls a much better watering than you can ever how to achieve if you are coming from handwatering.

- If you are in coco or dirt, buy them, They will make your life easier and yield better LOL

If you have serious questions, not answered via their website, like the one above with rez height etc, I am willing to answer, and tell what to watch out for and common mistakes.

I give them a 10 when it comes to cannaproducts, the hype is real.

Wow a 10, I am starting to think these are a must....

What nute regimen do you run through them?

Where did you find the maxis - I have a 7 x 8 room with 2 600s that I run 15 7 gal pots in and feel these would be perfect with maybe 2 satellites each, Does that sound about right? Do you have a link for the digital blumat thing?

Thanks for your time bro!

Best
2Dog

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I think the drippers are open ended 1/4" poly line - the website mentioned you could use nutrient with it

M

moodster

i normally run to waste with my coco how will i do this with the drippers?

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

You can use a keep the rez low using a pressurized hose. Dude had some attachment the reduced the pressure. I've seent it. (Plus this dude can build a system outta of paper clips and nachos.)

S

SofaKingHigh

Mmm, nachos. Mother fucking cheese sauce on there. Bits of jalapeño. The ground beef and you're done.

20100917-cheese-sauce-02.jpg

1satyr

What nute regimen do you run through them?

Where did you find the maxis - I have a 7 x 8 room with 2 600s that I run 15 7 gal pots in and feel these would be perfect with maybe 2 satellites each, Does that sound about right? Do you have a link for the digital blumat thing?

Thanks for your time bro!

Best
2Dog

Well you can use any nute if its not filled with big chunks, But you still could by putting in a filter in the rez.

When I grow big buckets, more than 5 gallons I use one blumat maxi with 4 satelittes and, to be safe one without for reserve, set to go of at 130-140 millibar while the one with the satelittes starts at 110-120 millibar. They stop dripping around 60-80 millibar.

The blumat digital tells you the exact humidity in the medium, at any time. Lets you dial the watering in to the exact perfect humidity for cannabis.

Dial in and shot.....

You can use them in coco, just dont do run off, let the medium be moist but never too dry....dont over nute.

Ususally I do coco, so I know what I am talking about.

I will post some pics of the current grow, its in dirt and in 5 gallons, with two maxis and 4 satelittes pr container and one blumat digital

http://www.blumat-shop.de/Blumat-Digital/

But go read their site, find out what you need and believe me when I tell you it made my life as a grower much easier and safer. Holidays are no worries more, before I got noia thinking what could happen at home, when away.

PS. Cant show pics on this site, as I have to resize them manually, and I don't feel like wasting time on that. But I have pics on opengrow.com

malachii

malachii

Sorry this thread is a little old, but I need some help with the blumats I just purchased.

Followed all the instructions, but I am not getting any water out. I have quite a few elbows, etc. I have about 15 feet of hose and I'm 20 inches above the blumat level with my res. I can't easily go higher.

I hooked up a small pump that runs 24 hours a day to pressurice the system and now it works, but this will fail soon I think. No water comes out a lot of the time which is normal if the soil is wet, so the pump struggles.

Ideas? How else can I pressurize the system better?

Small 8 gallon res by the way. A standard cooler in fact.

C

crossouttheiis

I guess one thing that you could do would be to put the pump on a timer. Observe the soil or coco whatever medium... wait til you see it get to the moisture level you want and then turn on the pump with the timer you set up and will pump til you get to the level.

Top Bottom