Tropf Blumat Drippers + rep for help

• Thread starter moodster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
malachii

malachii

I guess one thing that you could do would be to put the pump on a timer. Observe the soil or coco whatever medium... wait til you see it get to the moisture level you want and then turn on the pump with the timer you set up and will pump til you get to the level.

I was able to get it working this way, but the pump still had to work hard since a few drips wasn't enough flow for the pump. I also felt the pump was spinning dry, due to the splashing without moving of water.

Anyhow, I solved the problem in a better way. Without a pump. I now have the absolute minimum amount of hose, and it works fine. I cut my length in half almost. If your res is not high, you really have to reduce your run length.

malachii

malachii

Now my remaining question is about nutrient strength as compared to what you would use when hand-watering. I'm at about 2/3 strength now while flowering. Seems OK thus far, but I did get some burning at first. Seems it needs reduced strength in a constant drip environment like this.

B

blackcat

Now my remaining question is about nutrient strength as compared to what you would use when hand-watering. I'm at about 2/3 strength now while flowering. Seems OK thus far, but I did get some burning at first. Seems it needs reduced strength in a constant drip environment like this.

salt will build up i think bc of lack of runoff. in dirt (peat mixes) i'd run 1/4 str w/ drip clean ... in coco i dunno.

malachii

malachii

salt will build up i think bc of lack of runoff. in dirt (peat mixes) i'd run 1/4 str w/ drip clean ... in coco i dunno.

I dunno about 1/4, but I think 1/2 would be about right. I'm at 2/3, but I'm lucky I think because the Pure Blend Pro Bloom is really forgiving.

So far, working well (in peat/promix), but I think I might be running higher humidity because of this system, than say standard top drip. I've tried to dial it down to reduce some mold I had in the soil (so far so good) but I'm still around 55% humidity with about 2 weeks left to go.

Is 55% for a closet typical, or OK? This is my first indoor grow. Only done outdoors before.

Thanks!

Top Bottom