Tropicana cookies x Okie from Tengu Seeds, grown with new ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro, by Dreamnfox

• Thread starter dreamnfox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Super long title but wanted to make sure everyone got mentioned.
I am on the @VipraSpectra bandwagon. They sent me 2 of these new lights for my 2x4. One is currently sitting in my seedlings tent.
So far its great. I love that the driver sits just above the light, to allow air to pass on all sides. We do it for our fabric pots, so makes sense for our drivers. This is my first dimmer with click settings. The second click seems perfect for seedlings. At the top of my seedling tent, about 20", i am reading around 200ppdf. Next click brings it up to 500, great for veg in this small space. I will post more about the light as I use it.

Huge thanks to Trustfall and his new seed company Tengu seeds
I have been lucky enough to grow 3 previous strains of his. The Tkgcc was yeilder was some amazing weed. Grew great in and outdoor. His apple fritter x okie and papaya x cindyman were both grown my greenhouse. Despite spider mites and sulfar burn, the weed was super tasty and heavy hitting. I scrrwed up the yeild but stunting them. These Tropicana cookies x okie is right up my alley. Cant wait to see what they produce.
I am also running Citral Glue r1 from Ethos and some called High Brasil. The Ethos looks amazing, i know nothing about the other one though
Seeds currently soaking in distilled water with a few drops of Zeus Juice

ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO Grow Lights (NEW 2023)
Save 8% Coupon Code: dreamnfox
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3HMqBg4
Official Web: https://www.viparspectra.com
(Amzone code Valid until May 31st 2023)

Tropicana cookies x okie from tengu seeds grown with new viparspectra xs1500 pro by dreamnfox
Tropicana cookies x okie from tengu seeds grown with new viparspectra xs1500 pro by dreamnfox 2
Tropicana cookies x okie from tengu seeds grown with new viparspectra xs1500 pro by dreamnfox 3
Tropicana cookies x okie from tengu seeds grown with new viparspectra xs1500 pro by dreamnfox 4
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

How long have you had the lights? Curious how they've done for you. Sitting on the sidelines trying to make a decision on an upgrade. Definitely want bar style light. I currently have COB style panels.
Very briefly, i had some seedlings under it but i screwed them up. No fault ofvthe light. It was a transplant issue. I will be posting here regularly if you want to see how it goes. These are on sale on Amazon, plus you could ise my discount code till may 31st

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Very briefly, i had some seedlings under it but i screwed them up. No fault ofvthe light. It was a transplant issue. I will be posting here regularly if you want to see how it goes. These are on sale on Amazon, plus you could ise my discount code till may 31st
Unfortunately my needs go beyond the light you posted. I have a 5 x 5 tent with two 275watt(actual) COB style panel lights. I'm trying to be able to output around 30 watts per square foot. Currently I have 550watts of total light power. My 5 x 5 is 25 sq/ft. 550/25 = .22

I'm looking for a light that will put out around 800watts. 800/25 = .32

I'm looking for something along the lines of a Gavita 1700e or something comparable.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I run tbe hgl 600 r in my 4x4, its a beast but drops off near the edges. Their bar style is great too

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

@Trustfall , it wouldn't let me tag you in my last post. Thanks man for the great genetics, can't wait to see them grow

MDK

MDK

I keep seeing posts talking about this "okie" strain....I'm late to the game here I did some digging and having a hard time narrowing down info on it

Enlighten a fella please?

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I keep seeing posts talking about this "okie" strain....I'm late to the game here I did some digging and having a hard time narrowing down info on it

Enlighten a fella please?
Its from @Trustfall , pretty sure its a wedding cake cut. He will correct me if i am wrong. I grew his apple fritter x okie and it was delicious. Super sticky and fast floweret

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Some info on this new light
1. High Photon Density:

The New-Gen Lens is algorithmically positioned to create the highest PAR map and the deepest penetration.

2. Perfect fit in 2x2 tent:

The PPFD in a 2x2 tent is from 900 to 1000 μmol/m²/s, which meet the flowering needs of each plants in each corner. XS Pro Series bring big earns to every grower.

3. Uniform PAR Distribution:

The Ave. PPFD is 942 umol/㎡/s. in 2x2 tent, Boost Yields to Higher Level;

4. Multi-Light Dimming Daisy Chain:

Control up to 20 lights. Save your time;

5. Dimmer Knob:

Easy to change your light intensity as needed from 5% to 100%.

6. Optimized Spectrum:

Algorithmically designed ratio of white ,red, and IR diodes, optimizes plant growth in all stages;

ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO Grow Lights (NEW 2023)
Save 8% Coupon Code: dreamnfox
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3HMqBg4
Official Web: https://www.viparspectra.com
(Amzone code Valid until May 31st 2023)

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Seedings soaked for about 6 hours. I then strain the liquid through a paper towel. I wrap up the seeds in the wet paper towel and let them sit over night. This morning most of the seeds have cracked. I then direct sowed them into roots original. They were then watered with filtered tap and recharge. I place all the pots on a cookie sheet, place that on top of the heating mat. Cover with the dome and wait.
I still have a few of the burnt seedlings in the tent. It looks like 1 of the Screaming Cookies is doing well. A couple of the TCO might make it too.
I trying to reveg my gooey glue to pull off some clones.

20230308 101617
20230308 101944
20230308 102352
sambapati

sambapati

"dreamnfox, Alien marmalade is a gr8 nom des weed. Imagine when the alien lawyers come after the weed merchants for copyright infringement?

SSgrower

SSgrower

How long have you had the lights? Curious how they've done for you. Sitting on the sidelines trying to make a decision on an upgrade. Definitely want bar style light. I currently have COB style panels.
I have Viparspectra leds, and what I can tell you is that their newest KS line is very much advanced over their past offerings, see : Dr. M.J. Coco on Utube for details I could not test or relay. I have the KS2500 & KS3000 both beat Mar's wierdo's & Spider Fangs. SSgrower Just saw the 5x5 details, Try looking @ViparSpectra KS5000. SSgrower

Last edited:
MDK

MDK

I have Viparspectra leds, and what I can tell you is that their newest KS line is very much advanced over their past offerings, see : Dr. M.J. Coco on Utube for details I could not test or relay. I have the KS2500 & KS3000 both beat Mar's wierdo's & Spider Fangs. SSgrower Just saw the 5x5 details, Try looking @ViparSpectra KS5000. SSgrower
I've been looking at a ks5000 vs a spider farmer se7000 (which was recommended) and a mars hydro fc 8000. 5x5 as well. Current lights equal out to 500w so the viparspectra ks5000 is a sure bet. The other two I'd have to check my available amps on that circuit may do it later today as it also runs a dehumidifier and humidifier.

I think I can manage either of those lights. Here is what I've gathered.

Viparspectra ks5000 - nice ppfd coverage with an overall lower max ppfd but at 500w that's to be expected, good but not recommended if you plan to implement co2 as the max ppfd won't really reach to the co2 beneficial range.

Spider farmer se7000 - recommended on the forum here. Good max ppfd but corner coverage seems weak on this light (infact if ppfd maps I've seen are accurate it's the worst of the 3 I'm looking at). Possibly could utilize co2? I'd have to look back but I think you can. Leaning towards this light based on there just being lots of grows shown and harvest weights tallied and they are always nice numbers, pounds.

Mars hydro fc 8000 - this light has the best corner coverage from what I can tell and would really fill up a 5x5. 800 watts it's the most power consuming of the 3. Detachable driver (people say light runs hot so this is good) I'm mostly sketched out though by results shown. I don't see as many examples of quality start to finish grows with this light. The ones I have seen they didn't talk about harvest as much and just showed the plants in bloom and maybe it was the grower but it left something to be desired. I need to see more examples of "hey I used this light to get these buds and i harvest 2.7 pounds or 50 ounces...something

If anything could be added to this I'd appreciate it.

When you say mars hydro and spider farmer suck compared to viparspectra are you comparing 500w lights with 500w lights?

Sorry for the long post

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I've been looking at a ks5000 vs a spider farmer se7000 (which was recommended) and a mars hydro fc 8000. 5x5 as well. Current lights equal out to 500w so the viparspectra ks5000 is a sure bet. The other two I'd have to check my available amps on that circuit may do it later today as it also runs a dehumidifier and humidifier.

I think I can manage either of those lights. Here is what I've gathered.

Viparspectra ks5000 - nice ppfd coverage with an overall lower max ppfd but at 500w that's to be expected, good but not recommended if you plan to implement co2 as the max ppfd won't really reach to the co2 beneficial range.

Spider farmer se7000 - recommended on the forum here. Good max ppfd but corner coverage seems weak on this light (infact if ppfd maps I've seen are accurate it's the worst of the 3 I'm looking at). Possibly could utilize co2? I'd have to look back but I think you can. Leaning towards this light based on there just being lots of grows shown and harvest weights tallied and they are always nice numbers, pounds.

Mars hydro fc 8000 - this light has the best corner coverage from what I can tell and would really fill up a 5x5. 800 watts it's the most power consuming of the 3. Detachable driver (people say light runs hot so this is good) I'm mostly sketched out though by results shown. I don't see as many examples of quality start to finish grows with this light. The ones I have seen they didn't talk about harvest as much and just showed the plants in bloom and maybe it was the grower but it left something to be desired. I need to see more examples of "hey I used this light to get these buds and i harvest 2.7 pounds or 50 ounces...something

If anything could be added to this I'd appreciate it.

When you say mars hydro and spider farmer suck compared to viparspectra are you comparing 500w lights with 500w lights?

Sorry for the long post
I know the mars hydro are reported as poor quality lights by other farmers here. There was even posts about rhem catching fire. Very poor customer service too.

MDK

MDK

I've heard mixed reviews myself that's what has my nervous. I do have other things like carbon filter exhaust fan set up from them and it's nice...runs quiet and strong....no smell leakage but idk my house smells like reef anyway

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I've heard mixed reviews myself that's what has my nervous. I do have other things like carbon filter exhaust fan set up from them and it's nice...runs quiet and strong....no smell leakage but idk my house smells like reef anyway
Yeah, no amount of filter will take care of all the jars, buckets and now groove bags filled with weed😁

paratrooper173

paratrooper173

Unfortunately my needs go beyond the light you posted. I have a 5 x 5 tent with two 275watt(actual) COB style panel lights. I'm trying to be able to output around 30 watts per square foot. Currently I have 550watts of total light power. My 5 x 5 is 25 sq/ft. 550/25 = .22

I'm looking for a light that will put out around 800watts. 800/25 = .32

I'm looking for something along the lines of a Gavita 1700e or something comparable.
Grow light sciences has a 850w bar style that is great, I have no connection to them other than I love their lights and have ran multiple types from the gro 300 up to the 850 which imo is the best light for the money. Goes on sale fairly often seems like as well which is a nice bonus.

Tengu is awesome and Trust has put out so many great cuts, I cant wait to see how this one ends up looking good!

Top Bottom