Trouble Taking Clones From Outdoor Plants In Summer

• Thread starter vitaminG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vitaminG

There's an old "hippy" trick I learned from my father. Get yourself an Aloe plant. Break off a good 2-4 inch piece from one of the "arms". Prepare your cutting; clean up lower branches with a clean sharp cutting tool (a disposable scalpel from your local grow shop or similar). Take the prepared cutting and jam it into the open end of the piece of aloe you broke off. Get it really gelled up. Place the gelled up end of the cutting into a glass of distilled or RO water. Take the piece of aloe you jammed the cutting into and squeeze the rest of the gel with your fingers into the glass you put your cutting into.
Aloe has natural rooting hormones. And believe it or not, the shit works! Don't change out the water. Just keep an eye on it.
Interesting, never heard of this, I'll give it a shot next time I get my hands on one of those plants.

V

vitaminG

I leaved my cutting for a night in some dry wormcastings mixed in water.One of them I just planted in wormcastings,it also rooted but slower.Just to try:)Sometimes when the clones are taken from outdoor plants it can help if you decontaminate them in something for a little before you place them under the dome in jy fy or whatever you use.....Also you can dip them in a cup with honey and water for a little for that purpose,to clean them.....Mine rooted successfully ,this time I had no rotten clones so I guess it helps.Also other hippy trick(I use only those kind of things) I heard of is willow water,also helps with rooting if you dip clones in it.
The plant in the middle was from a cut that I used Fresh Aloe Vera Gel on..not too bad..Yep..I am an old hippy..LOL

The one on the far end is the one that I knocked the top off.

View attachment 823525 View attachment 823526
Those are some healthy looking beasts for being in such little pots! They must get lots of care and affection!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Those are some healthy looking beasts for being in such little pots! They must get lots of care and affection!
Thanks ..
There were not supposed to be outdoor plants! I was gonna cull them but instead, let them live..(glad I did) BUT I need to water/feed 4-6 times per day..100d temps and high winds don't help either..Glad it's over soon..But..But..Then I have to trim them..LOL

Top Bottom