Trouble with continued yellowing on the leave into grow

• Thread starter Lisa22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lisa22

Lisa22

They are just the regular black pots that roses come in at the nurseries - I wonder if the fabric pots would be better but it seems like they would make such a mess.
You know I have a question - when does one take a look at their plants and say "Better to just start over." I have had problems since week 3 or 4 with this. I think if I had clones close and I didn't have to travel over the mountains I would have switched them out then. I pay $20 for a clone - I wonder how much I've lost in product trying to turn the ones I have around - certainly more than $20 worth!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Experience is invaluable. They are already flowering so you may aswell finish them if not just for experience.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Next grow I suggest use just the bontanicare grow. I think you will find it much easier. If you are switching nutes just post em here and people can help you on ratios. Start feed at 1/4 the recommended and work from there based on plant response. There are some great growers here that will be able to keep ya on the path to a successful grow and harvest.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Agree, they don't look bad, I had some recently that yellowed on me because of new newts and a new soil mix (my error), I kept the leaves on by pumping 20 / 20/ 20 at 800 PPM every feeding and they finished fine, there in the curing process now

Lisa22

Lisa22

Agree, they don't look bad, I had some recently that yellowed on me because of new newts and a new soil mix (my error), I kept the leaves on by pumping 20 / 20/ 20 at 800 PPM every feeding and they finished fine, there in the curing process now

What fertilizer is 20/20/20

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

What fertilizer is 20/20/20
Any all-purpose will work, I use this brand but have to add Cal Mag to every gallon, I just use it at different PPM depending on the growth stage of the plant
I also use and highly recommend another product called Masterblend which is basically the same as Jack's 3-2-1, another outstanding choice! There's also a product called Megacrop which is perhaps the easiest of all to use?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So you use this when they are in bloom too?
Yes or the Megacrop would probably be best if you're interested in making a change? Aquaman knows all about the mega crop he's used it a lot longer than me I only used it for a few months a couple of years ago but it's a fine product, I have no affiliation and I don't use it but if I was a new grower I would use this product 100% it's the easiest it's going to give you a successful Harvest all you have to do is adjust the PPM for the various stages of plant growth

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Good complete base nutrient. Brand doesn't really matter all to much but some are used a bit different. What you have will work it just need to be applied properly. I'm not trying to said you did it improperly. It's usually the directions that are the issue

Madbud

Madbud

They are just the regular black pots that roses come in at the nurseries - I wonder if the fabric pots would be better but it seems like they would make such a mess.
From the size of your plant you could pull it out of the pot at some point to see whats happened to the root system, she suffocates. Don’t get discouraged, you did ok🙌
Edit: sometimes called lockout

Lisa22

Lisa22

From the size of your plant you could pull it out of the pot at some point to see whats happened to the root system, she suffocates. Don’t get discouraged, you did ok🙌
Edit: sometimes called lockout
I know they are very small this time compared to what I'm use to them looking like. What would the roots look like if suffering from lock out? and how would you get it through lock out?

Lisa22

Lisa22

Yes or the Megacrop would probably be best if you're interested in making a change? Aquaman knows all about the mega crop he's used it a lot longer than me I only used it for a few months a couple of years ago but it's a fine product, I have no affiliation and I don't use it but if I was a new grower I would use this product 100% it's the easiest it's going to give you a successful Harvest all you have to do is adjust the PPM for the various stages of plant growth
I looked up megacrop on amazon - it says its a soil conditioner but your using it as fertilizer? Not much info on Amazon will google it. Thanks

Madbud

Madbud

I know they are very small this time compared to what I'm use to them looking like. What would the roots look like if suffering from lock out? and how would you get it through lock out?
Healthy root systems are always growing, when they reach the wall in a bucket they curl and create a bound up root ball. Cloth bags air trim the roots so new roots grow from the tap root feeding the plant. They still stay small three to five foot, depending on how many gallon container but the fan leaves continue thriving, making bigger flowers.

Lisa22

Lisa22

Healthy root systems are always growing, when they reach the wall in a bucket they curl and create a bound up root ball. Cloth bags air trim the roots so new roots grow from the tap root feeding the plant. They still stay small three to five foot, depending on how many gallon container but the fan leaves continue thriving, making bigger flowers.
Thanks - I've looked at them and was really interested and then thought of my picking them up to check for watering (are they heaver - I'm pretty small) and then what do you do about run off? Does a 12" drip tray work? Does water come out of the sides making a mess? Thanks for your knowledge working with them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks - I've looked at them and was really interested and then thought of my picking them up to check for watering (are they heaver - I'm pretty small) and then what do you do about run off? Does a 12" drip tray work? Does water come out of the sides making a mess? Thanks for your knowledge working with them.
They are cloth, that helps the soil breathe easier. Run off still comes out the bottom and the tray size will depend on the pot size. They are fairly cheap and preferred by most soil growers but not all.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I looked up megacrop on amazon - it says its a soil conditioner but your using it as fertilizer? Not much info on Amazon will google it. Thanks
I don't use megacrop, but it's a complete fertilizer, not sure what you're talkin about? The company is called Greenleaf nutrients

Top Bottom