Trouble with drying and curing.

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I took everything out of the jars and closed 1/2 of the intake vents at the bottom so that more air can be filtered out. At the very least, the humidity couldn’t get worse and they’re all spread out, that’s a solid way to prevent mold, right?
No. Air flow is important. Mold doesn't like it.

I saw some stuff about how people in the south face high humidity drying and they say putting your light on helps aswell, maybe I can try this if humidity can’t go lower than 68.
Raising the temperature will lower the relative humidity. I wouldn't use a light to do it, though. It might affect the taste and flavor. Use a heater instead. A problem with heat can be drying too rapidly. In your case, however, rapid drying doesn't seem to be a problem. Some trial and error might be necessary.

P

Purfict

No. Air flow is important. Mold doesn't like it.

Raising the temperature will lower the relative humidity. I wouldn't use a light to do it, though. It might affect the taste and flavor. Use a heater instead. A problem with heat can be drying too rapidly. In your case, however, rapid drying doesn't seem to be a problem. Some trial and error might be necessary.
The i line fan I run 24/7 is so strong it makes the tent almost fold inward, and just unzipping the tent is noticably harder than normal. Is this enough airflow? I do have the one vent at the bottom cracked

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The i line fan I run 24/7 is so strong it makes the tent almost fold inward, and just unzipping the tent is noticably harder than normal. Is this enough airflow? I do have the one vent at the bottom cracked
Can you adjust the fan? It doesn't need to run at full speed. One vent might be enough, but two would probably be better.

The replacement of the air in the tent can be calculated. Find the volume of the tent and compare that with the capacity of the fan. So, for example, a 2x2x6 tent has a volume of 24 cubic feet. The amount of air a fan moves is measured by cubic feet per minute (CFM). So, if the fan in this example moves 100 CFM, it will replace the air in the tent more than 4 times per minute. That's more than enough.

P

Purfict

Can you adjust the fan? It doesn't need to run at full speed. One vent might be enough, but two would probably be better.

The replacement of the air in the tent can be calculated. Find the volume of the tent and compare that with the capacity of the fan. So, for example, a 2x2x6 tent has a volume of 24 cubic feet. The amount of air a fan moves is measured by cubic feet per minute (CFM). So, if the fan in this example moves 100 CFM, it will replace the air in the tent more than 4 times per minute. That's more than enough.
My fan replaces the air almost two times per minute at the capacity it’s on, do you think that’s a good amount? I’ll be able to check the rh here in about an hour and see if closing the one vent completely and the other a bit helped.

Stephengosling

Stephengosling

My fan replaces the air almost two times per minute at the capacity it’s on, do you think that’s a good amount? I’ll be able to check the rh here in about an hour and see if closing the one vent completely and the other a bit helped.
If you got it down to 68 then just do what you did again you should be able to get in that right cure range. Definitely don’t use a light as they say light will speed up degradation of your flowers.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

im glad i live in the twilight zone because after hanging mine for 7 or 8 days i can smoke it lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom