Trouble with my quantum ballast

• Thread starter MTM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MTM

Last night my quantum ballast stopped running,I may have blown a bulb because Im running 1000 watt horti in a cool tube.My question is if your bulb dont fire do quantum ballast still humm if they dont strike the bulb.My lumiteck would not make a noise until my bulb fired.This bulb is 3 weeks old and the ballast is 1 year old.Do quantums make any noise if the bulb is burnt? Any help trouble shooting or any advise would be greatly appreciated.Im running 400 watters while the 1000 is down and Im 3 weeks into flower..Thanks in advance guys!!!
MTM

M

MTM

No fan running and I never switch while they are running..If my fans not running then its my ballast!!!

M

MTM

Theres was a bad storm here last night but I was out of town.Its got surge protection in two places

M

MTM

Allready hit the reset..I dont have a clue but Ive got to do something FAST.My plants are getting some nice nugs and I dont need this

M

MTM

(norcal) off of Ebay,its less than a year old.Im sick,haveing to deal with the heat and now this bullshit,Ill just have to get a new ballast monday,Im afraid of fuckin my whole grow up..Thanks bro you have been a big help...MTM

T

theTinker

Thats shit. Best of luck fellow farmer.

1 year. Thats some bad dues for a pricey ballast....

M

MTM

Anyone who has a qauntum ever had to replace the fuse in the back of them.It lighting bad the other night but it had two serge protectors and the fuse in the ballast.This fuckin thing came off the internet,Ill allways get my ballast and lights from my local shop,at least you can get service or replaced.I had two internet gallaxys that fucked up,If I cant fix this with a fuse I will buy a sun supply ballast today.This digital shits not all it cracked up to be.Anyone had to replace the fuses in the ballast,quantums have no reset button!!!!!Ive got a 400 watter and some felix fluros running until I get this fixed,my buds are just starting to swell good ,what a time to loose a ballast!!!.Anyone had lightning or anything get to those fuses?
thanks
MTM

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Run it on 240v instead of 120... I popped 3 ballasts on 120 (1000w) finally switched to 240 and haven't had a problem since. They also never get hot on 240v. Change the fuse if the fan still doesn't work your ballast is bad... If your ballast works but your fan went out (I had one do this too) blow over the ballast with a fan 24/7 and it will work without overheating until you can get a new one.

Top Bottom