TRUE AEROPONICS - why arent more people using this method?

• Thread starter mrflamboynt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

its the growers skill
I don't know how many vids I've seen of high $ sports cars/ boats operated by a cat wearing a flashy high $ raceing suit only to hit the side rail or flip the boat.... needless to say that no matter the cost of your gear the bottemline is the grower.... Az

MyAeroponics

MyAeroponics

I agree, skill...but aeroponics sure takes the worries out of having to have the skill. Lock and Load it is hard to go wrong or phuck up.

W

willy led wonka

The roots stayed white all throughout the grow. The reason the lights are so high is they are 900 watt leds. They dont need to be that close. The purple og strain stretches regardless of what light you use or how high above the plants you keep it. Im very stoked at how easy this system is to use. Now its time to clean up and start over again. Taking what i learned from this round and apply it to the next one. Wonka

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
IDon't know what TAG/HPA is? Maybe you can fill me in?

TAG = True Aero Growing

HPA = High Pressure Aero

There is a Big thread on TAG over at IC. Its a method with aero. Certain plant spacing, pressure range, rez volume ect. They are Called PODS. Thats the short version.

SKUNK420

SKUNK420

The F-1 comparison sounds good to me. High risk = high reward ( hopefully)
Quick question about system noise.
How much noise does the high pressure water pump make?
How much noise does it make when spraying? When all is quite around my house I can hear a spray bottle being used in the next room.

I've been checking out these videos trying to get a feel for system noise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvbWGnJfO8Y&feature=related

T

Terry

the reason why most don't use aeroponics is because the cost of running a high pressure pump 24/7 and the chances of root rot are higher. You could take that electricity and put it in more flowering and make more money.

W

willy led wonka

its not a loud system at all. It will get loud if when the filter starts to clog up and you will know it because it doesnt sound right when watering. Im not sure about saving alot of electricity with other methods.....i only ran my pump for the first couple of weeks at 2 mins on for every 20 mins and then the last month i only run it for 5 mins an hour. It doesnt cost alot to run these aero machines.

L

legitfrog

Thanks for answering the question about TAG, cemchris. Terry, although the gear isn't cheap there are some developments recently in the HPA market. You can build your own system for under $1k finally, lol. If you search other forums on TAG you'll see what I mean. I should point out that the noise in that vid posted from SKUNK420 was from the low pressure pond pump that circulates the "brain" in that system and not from the high pressure pump. Most low pressure systems that rate the pump by GPH are loud and create heat and most high pressure pumps are external. Look at some of the other vids from that youtube channel and it may make more sense.

D

ddm3798

willy

Please PM me and let me know your results...very interested in these systems!

O

oljim2112

For good aeroponics set up and design check out stinkbuddies

L

legitfrog

Not sure about those man, how much are they anyways?? I'm talking HPA / TAG --that's all just low pressure stuff :)

T

Terry

If your running a hydroponic system with microsprinklers, it doesn't necessarily mean your doing aeroponics. The growth rates with systems using microsprinklers is the similar to NFT systems because the microsprinklers aren't atomizing the water droplets. It's basically splashing water on it, and the only >30micron droplets you will get is caused by the spray of water clashing against the sidewalls of the system.

dankworth

dankworth

Couldn't help but notice the opportunity for not-quite-aero-but-mini-sprinkler feeding to the roots coming out the side of my buckets.
I was like "hey! I could feed those too!"
Then I remembered that someone else had mentioned it first haha.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

I love aeroponics and would use it to grow one day instead of just cloning, but would have to be an ideal set up, chiller, etc.

Would be fun growing a wall of weed.

Top Bottom