Trusting others. Screwed or helped?

• Thread starter theTinker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

How has trusting others worked out for you?

• I got screwed bad (theft, stolen, threats)

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • No problems so far.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • It helped me. (back up assistance, selling, sharing your product with friends etc)

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
T

theTinker

In a related thread I posted a few people have commented that the stupidiest thing they've ever done was to trust close friends or relatives.

I trusted someone enough to tell them i had an op, after a pathetic argument over nothing, they threathen to inform the law. This has haunted me over a year now and I've been forced to move my op to a property unrelated to me.

It has also allowed me to get results and help that i otherwise would not of been able to get.

For a quick poll of similar results, I'd like to gauge how often this occurs.

What results have you had from trusting others with this line of work?

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

Rigged poll imo... no choice for "I'm not that stupid."

also depends on what the limits of the trust are... so many diff scenarios...

-you grow, they simply know
-you grow, they help
-they know u smoke
-they know u deal
-etc.

either way, the truth sets nobody free here

J

Jalisco Kid

Aside from you guys here, nobody knows anything besides my partner, and my seller.

I've known my partner for a few years now, I'd trust that guy with my life.

You need to value your life more. JK

Blaze

Blaze

I think it really depends on the individual(s), this is not a black and white question. There is no way I would be able to do what I do without help from friend's and family - it is simply too much work and time for one person. All my close friends know, as does all my immediate family, and several of them work for me. I've never had any problems what so ever, but I also have a small close knit family, and am very careful with who my friends are. So it's not like I met some "friend" at a bar and two months alter they are working on the grow. Almost everyone involved or who knows I have known for at least 10 years. However I am also in a medical state so that makes things different - we can be a lot more open about it here.

T

theTinker

Aside from you guys here, nobody knows anything besides my partner, and my seller.

I've known my partner for a few years now, I'd trust that guy with my life.

I look forward to the soon to be upcoming time where its just me and my partner when it all moves (gets stopped as far as everyone else is concerned).
Started as a very small hobby which has kinda just escalated cause my job shut down and i began to starve and fear of homelessness!

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I was restricting my vote to this website and solely on this website. In general I wouldn't trust people for shit. Fools like to hate on the low and creep about your business to others. People don't use the cliche 'knowledge is power' for nothing. If anyone you know is hating on you it's because they can't do it like you and aren't willing to learn. At the same time those same idiots are trying to get rid of you and replace you. My advice is live with humility and discretion. People will like you and not even ask about your business, in fact they are more likely to tell you about theirs. Cheers!:dance

M

Moses249

I've been screwed over repeatedly by others when it comes to growing. My advice is grow solo, and hire trusted people to help you when you need extra sets of hands. Most grow partners will promise to do this and that, but are usually just lazy and looking for a free easy ride. I had to quit multiple projects with staggering losses of investments because people made promises and didn't keep them.

C

claudacio

Trust no one. If you have a significant other, that is the only gray area I think, a wife or whatever thats different, but if and when your marriage goes south, more than likely so is your op. But the closer people are to you, the more they have to try and hurt you when something you do pisses them off, those are the cocksuckers that in a fit of being pissed will throw you under the bus real quick.

I come from a "different" kind of family with people that are supposed to be blood, die for one another type shit....yeah ok... one of them got banned and the first thing he did was start running his mouth about my op forcing me to shut it down just because he started saying things like "I know what he (meaning me) is doing up there" kinda implying that he was going to make an anonymous phone call type shit. And thats the worst man, especially when its someone that likes to call and talk shit, forget about face to face, most arent usually man enough to talk like that in person, its always bro this and bro that when you are face to face but behind your back forget it.

Tell no one you dont have to. I made the mistake of telling a friend that I've known for 20 plus years that happened to be hanging around a lot around a harvest (fighting with his wife) and all the sudden it becomes "we gotta chop em now, this ones ready, that one needs to get chopped, here let me see the choppers", get the fuck outta here dude. I know you took botany in your freshman year of high school but these aint tomatoes dude... but after all the said bullshit above went down above I began dis informing him and will keep doing so. Now when people ask where I got this amazing weed I just smile inside and say I get it from a guy who gets it from a guy that gets it from a dude who....and by then they dont care anymore they're entranced in the dank ass bud in front of them.

Not that I've ever murdered anyone or anything like that but I am definitely now treating my op like a murder, best done alone and the only way to get caught is to tell someone else about it.

Nothing good can come from telling someone about your op that doesnt need to know.

C

catchafish

Best advice i have read in a while claudacio! "Treat it like a murder and do it by ones self". I have a family members that grows, but talks about my op before they talk about there own just to sound like the big man around.
I walked in to a local hydro shop to get some things and the worker starts telling me how i need to do this and that! I asked how he knew about the problem i was having? He replied your uncle was in there talking about it. I stopped talking to both the family member and stopped going to the store as well..
Its funny how things play out. I now keep all things to myself.

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

The worst things that could be done to an individual are usually done by the hand of the individual themself...

If you tell a friend about your grow, for example, and they end up getting you in trouble somehow and you become enemies. the greater enemy is yourself, as it was your mouth opening up in the first place.

"You are you own worst enemy" ... "It does not matter if you believe you can or cannot, either way you are right" ...

All too often, a man will "reason" this or that and arrive at a conclusion. Beware the foundation on which your mind rests!

sedate

sedate

I've had ups-and-downs trusting people.

Sometimes I sort of have to in order to get rid of shit.

Sometimes I know people are going to end up screwing me - cuz they are grimey or whatever - but if I can make a bundle in the meantime I usually don't mind it.

Business model is designed to take losses - and I'm a generous guy.

One guy - I'm only real pissed b/c I fixed his grow a few times and drove all the fuck out to Aurora to do it - ended up burning me for like 1/2 oz (like I care) but ended up telling my ex and all her friends that he robbed me and all this that and the other. That really pissed me off.

I usually don't mind threats b/c my grow is legal and *always* attended.

A few peepz have threatened to have me robbed but I think that is going to work out very poorly for them.

Like dead on the floor poorly.

sedate

sedate

I don't like this poll either.

A mixed result fourth option should be added -

Trusting people has been both up and down - I've been burned many times, but I've also worked with great people who've always done what they say they will.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Once you get to a certain point you have to have help, I mean there is a limit to what one man can do. That being said choose partners carefully and realize that you will never find someone that will car as much as you do if it is your money invested.

S

StrikeitRich

There is nothing wrong with ur poll in my opinion.

Trusting people is simple. U shouldnt have any problem trusting others as long as what u r doing is truthworthy.

U get what u give in this business.

And most people that u shouldnt trust u should know not to trust them ie. Junkies, Crackheads, and the Mentally ill. Other than that i believe that most individuals are inheritally good.

Trust is a two way street and if u dont got it dont give it.

just my .02 here

Peace,
S i R

j wizzle

j wizzle

Other than that i believe that most individuals are inheritally good.

Trust is a two way street and if u dont got it dont give it.

just my .02 here

Peace,
S i R

youre going to get fucked one day with that attitude...

people are inherintly bad, only SOME are trustworthy. and you need to be careful with the trustworthy people too, cuz those are normally the ones that end up fucking you over in the end.

any man is going to do what he has to do to survive, if it means fucking over another man, he WILL do it. thats the nature of people/life...its all about survival.

and its all about taking care of people....however, the problem arises when people have different opinions about what taking care of someone is. thats when shit hits the fan.

dont trust anyone... i dont trust anyone, but i have to tell people whats up otherwise i wouldnt be successful, its just like anything else in life. you need others to succeed, but you also need to cover your ass as well.

i stay in my legal limits at all time, because i dont trust anyone. if i trusted other people, i would blow shit up big time, but its not worth the risks to me

S

StrikeitRich

Correct. I dont get fuzzed over cause I too don't really trust anyone, but family.

I don't do anything outside of legal standards because I am paranoid regardless of trust.

If someone has something they can use as leverage over u eventually they will. I only know what i've personally experianced, and as far as trusting others in this "Business" i.e. growing, selling (Donating) of overages, and selling of genetics goes.... Watch ur back, someone will always try to hold leverage over u eventually. That doesnt mean that people are inharently bad or anything it just shows that when money is in the equation watch ur ass no matter how much u "trust" the person.

There have actually been studies done where a wallet was left on a table with 100$ cash in it along with an ID.

How many out of 100 random people would return the wallet with the money?

How many would return it without the money?

How many would take the money and throw the wallet in the garbage?

How many would leave it alone and walk past it?

It is suprising that allot just walked past, but the ones that did stop... Returned the wallet to the owner with the money....

There are also variables like where was this study done. a rich or poor area, a public or private area... blah blah, but overall it showed that people are trustworthy... But not many, and enough people took the money and pitched the wallet to make me nervous about leaving my wallet on a table unattended. lol.

Peace,
S i R

P

Producer

Hmmm, lots of interesting facts on here.
But in short....Trust no one! lol

Top Bottom