trying a new method, paper bags..

• Thread starter connoisseurde420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

So my new space is setup so its inconvenient to hang my stuff in the corner of the room like I used to. so I have been searching for a different way to do things
Usually I would wet trim, hang dry for 5-8 days just before the stem snaps. Clip bids and do any final trimming. Then burp in a jar or bag until dry and let it set for a week atleast before it goes.

My problem at the new place is this:
my flower room will be packed without a place for hanging so can't do that.

I have to contain the smell, no smelly block party for me lol. must maintain stealth.

Must wet trim. because I use fresh frozen for most concentrates I make.

My solution was to trim AND take the buds offf the stem at the same time. my reason for that was I hate handling all the stems again when its dry, it seems like double duty.

at this point I have seen them placed on those drying racks but they are too open imo so I went with paper grocery bags cause the are light weight, they suck away moisture, not completely open like the racks, I can put them on top of my pots under the canopy out of the way and still filter air, I can close them if I feel they need to slow down drying just fold the top over.

we shall see if it works though lol. keep ya posted did platinum bubba to test

Tmp IMAG0444 1482935875
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
That might work with just that much in there
And , If the air around the bags is dry
On something that lets air under would better even
But those round net racks rock IMO
That bag is Gunna smell too!

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

my main concern is the buds getting squished! I was scared at first but eneded putting more than that and nothing is squished. it would have taken too many bags lol. they are dense buds to begin with but the bags keep them from getting too wet.
the net racks are cool when u pull like 5+ at a time but my lights are staggered so I never have to do tha and finding a place is hard cause the room will have the next round waiting right behind them.
Tmp IMAG0445 1208604027
Tmp IMAG0446 1493695718

here's how I ended up leaving them ...

K

kolah

I too like the round hanging racks and at 25 bucks it's a good deal IMO. . I stopped using paper bags as I think it sucks some of the terpenes (flavors and nice odors) out the cannabis. I go from wet trim to hanging, then onto the racks and straight into glass mason jars to cure. YMMV.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
my main concern is the buds getting squished! I was scared at first but eneded putting more than that and nothing is squished. it would have taken too many bags lol. they are dense buds to begin with but the bags keep them from getting too wet.
the net racks are cool when u pull like 5+ at a time but my lights are staggered so I never have to do tha and finding a place is hard cause the room will have the next round waiting right behind them.View attachment 346300View attachment 346301

here's how I ended up leaving them ...

if you put too many wet buds in one bag, it will mold
You had better stir that a couple times a day

I too like the round hanging racks and at 25 bucks it's a good deal IMO. . I stopped using paper bags as I think it sucks some of the terpenes (flavors and nice odors) out the cannabis. I go from wet trim to hanging, then onto the racks and straight into glass mason jars to cure. YMMV.
Hmmm Im still useing paper bags..I hang for a week to 10 days then I use the bag to make sure its ready for sealing
If it doesnt moisten back up alot after one day in the paper bag, then i seal it in a tukey bag or bucket(cure)
I do this because, I have sealed dry buds before, and they were wet the next day...
I want the mosture to come back...but, not so much that they feel wet again.
Thats what the paper bags do for me..It seems to let the buds even out , without drying out .
In a 50%RH room drying I should add.
Matter of fact I could leave my buds in those paper bags for a weeks in my drying room and they would be fine/
But Shoot, now that you mention it, :banghead: I could be loosing some smell..Im going to try not to keep em in there too long from now on

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

paper bags definitely are not my first choice but I have used them before to good results. but the jury is out on this one til I do the smoke test lol. theres just no room to hang that thing where the smell will be contained. that's my main problem with them. if I could find material and make a custome one I will be in biznizz

thanks for sharing tho.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

so , You grew more weed than you had room to dry?
Me too :wacky:
There is always a way though!
lol that's right I'm gonna make it happen. I knew thus was going to be a problem for me because I made the whole flower room is full wall to wall. out side there is 4 foot walkway for watering, transplnting, ro res, soil, nute/ soil storage. veg is over full in to the walk way. as much floor space as possible is being dedicated to plants. drying was an afterthought Lmao.

I might try rearranging and making room for hanging but I really liked processing the way I did and if its quality I will continue with the paper bags.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Interesting. I've only used bags for curing, not drying.

I use them after hanging for a week or more......after small stems snap.
Then just for a day or 3 to even stuff out

I dont think its a good idea to put very many wet buds in a paper bag..

lets see how it goes for him. Hows that going Conno?

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

thanks guys

checked on them after 24 hrs. and they are fine. moist but not too wet. Can't tell if they dried any but that's normal at this point for me so I would say they are going in track.

My buddy gave me a rack cause he was worried about me like u guys. so im doing both methods. A hanging rack while I have the room for it, then left one of the paper bags with buds in it so I can experience both methods.

Either way I'm convinced that breaking down to buds is easier and faster than hanging for wet trimming anyways. I think if I can find a good place for the rack over the lights I will take that route. I fit more on than I thought and its going to take a lot of bags to hold the weed wet cause u don't want mold or squished buds. so In thinking the racks for few days then paper bags till cure. I dont like the light being directly on them either might make a panda cover for it...
Tmp IMAG0447 1482935875

Top Bottom