Trying A Sativa Run With Vertical Led Blades

• Thread starter TomTrichrome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

I'd like to know how you built those LED bars,or where you got them.I think they'd be pretty awesome for some supplemental lighting in my tent along with my 600 hps.
I think dual systems are an interesting idea.Have seen a few personally and they are very cool. You can search the web. I don't want to advertise or spam, but if you search suncloak and LEDs I think you will be able to find their site on the internet.

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

Here's a couple pictures of the GG sativa run I'm video taping on a time lapse and will be posting.

GG%20new%20grow%2012-6-1.JPG

GG%2012-6-3.JPG

GG%2012-6-2.JPG

I don't know for the life of me why these pictures keep flipping but I think you all can get the gist. These gorilla glue's are starting to grow real fast. I will be transplanting them in under a week to their final containers.

D

Duder

This is fantastic!
Ill have to look into those strips. I wonder what Diodes they are using.
Subed!

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

So here's the update from my first grow with these LED's growing Grape Ape. I have already posted my weight/yield results and I know you all were waiting on the lab results, so here they are. I appreciate the patience. I was very happy with the results because for the yield, the aesthetics and the propensity of the strain to test and yield low, I got more than I usually do in a 4x4 tent, and it was top shelf aesthetics with lab results to match.
SC%20Labs%20Results.jpg

Redneckg33k

Redneckg33k

Nice job on the grape ape, that thc number is pretty damn great! How did the density in the lower/ mid buds compare to the upper buds and tops?

Dunge

Dunge

Could you please combine your results into one entry.
I think I remember your total wattage.
I don't fully understand your yield report as it seems to include more than one grow.

I'm also interested in knowing the mechanism of light creation from your LEDs.
I have made up a story for myself that has a high frequency LED reflecting off of a design reflector, but I have nothing to support this notion other than process of elimination.

Thanks.

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

Could you please combine your results into one entry.
I think I remember your total wattage.
I don't fully understand your yield report as it seems to include more than one grow.

I'm also interested in knowing the mechanism of light creation from your LEDs.
I have made up a story for myself that has a high frequency LED reflecting off of a design reflector, but I have nothing to support this notion other than process of elimination.

Thanks.
hmm. The grow yield results were from just one grow as that's all i have finished. I grew nine plants, and from the average, I can average the yield of another table... so if that's whats throwing you off, I made a average so people who use other size tents and tables then just a 4x4 could calculate the yield....The system is 800w but the side leds that are facing the tents reflective mylar can be turned off to make it only 600w, which is something I did during parts of the grow.

the total yield was 1.84 lbs, average was 3.3 ozs per plant and the the lab results are roughly 24% overall cannabinoid content.

As far as the mechanism...I would be going out on a limb myself. I don't know the technology as far as the mechanics. There is a member named Lumengineer who would be able to answer that in depth for you as he is the creator and engineer of this system.

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

Nice job on the grape ape, that thc number is pretty damn great! How did the density in the lower/ mid buds compare to the upper buds and tops?
they came out like dense little rocks. The tops are still choice imo, however the quality and size of the middle and lower were fantastic, and they are totally comparable with the tops. Everyone has their preferences and I still lean towards the tops even though the middle and lower canopy are contributing greatly.

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

Going to be transplanting the Gorilla Glues today into their final 5 gal. containers today, and will be posting the pics of the transition hopefully tomorrow. I expect To flip the plants to flowering in about 2 weeks. So these gorilla glues are growing like crazy since just putting them in the system 2 weeks ago.

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

So I will be posting pic when the lights turn back on, but its beginning week 2 of flower and I'm thinking the ladies have reached their final size ( i hope). Right now they are 5ft plants. and starting to develop their main meristem into the top Kolas (more pistil production then new foliage production is my clue). Usually plants stop stretching after the 2nd week of flower so here's hoping they have reached their final height.

Redneckg33k

Redneckg33k

I forget is this your first time running this strain? Some sativa dominant strains can stretch to the third week. I know this may not be what you want to hear but I can happen, here's to hoping it's stopping at two weeks for you!

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

Indoors yes. I've ran these ladies 8+ feet outdoors and i know they could get way bigger. hmm ya I would very much want them to stop soon or it will be time to bend and tie...

Top Bottom