Trying to boost quality - any additives that will significantly help?

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Andy

Andy

Hi all,

I'm on a mission to increase the quality of my flower by any means necessary. I have good genetics, am learning to cure properly, am switching over to CMH for flower and so the final step is to find if there are any additives that can help.

I grow in coco & at the moment I just use canna coco A&B and Canna PK13/14. I can't really go too far down the organic route because that causes problems in my tank/feed setup. People have suggested terpinator and winter frost. Do people here rate them and are there any other additives I should be looking in to?

Cheers :)

bunkerking

bunkerking

Hi all,

I'm on a mission to increase the quality of my flower by any means necessary. I have good genetics, am learning to cure properly, am switching over to CMH for flower and so the final step is to find if there are any additives that can help.

I grow in coco & at the moment I just use canna coco A&B and Canna PK13/14. I can't really go too far down the organic route because that causes problems in my tank/feed setup. People have suggested terpinator and winter frost. Do people here rate them and are there any other additives I should be looking in to?

Cheers :)

Im right there with yah. Grow Big + Mag Sulfate in Coco for myself.

Terpinator is just nano K sulfate. Its really the sulfate that brings out the terps.
Can get the same results from cheaper products.

Id recommend going with a microbe blend that's high in bacteria. Fungi is over rated when in coco. We dont need help with water uptake. We need proteins, amino acids, and other good stuff from living coco.

Its going to really do a good job of keeping things balanced.

That would be my own 2cents. Otherwise Keep it simple.

They like a balanced feed the entire grow, no need to add too much snake oil.

B

Burned Haze

terpinator = snake oil and a bunch of BS , save your cash for real benefits like beneficial bacteria or fungi that work with salts and worth every penny ( like sea green and tru bloom & rootamentary)

makers website:
&
Thc forums:

now for a worthy base for coco for your cash, I would suggest look into Mendocino producer/grow more (same company just different labels for certain things )
A base ( you only need 3-4 stages through The Whole cycle and that’s your choice , you could run 1 if your a cheap ass ) point is their average on their dry amendments is 50-100 bucks and you get 4,500 gal average ( beat that liquid hydro bottled and they expire and you gotta shake em lol )

bunkerking

bunkerking

terpinator = snake oil and a bunch of BS , save your cash for real benefits like beneficial bacteria or fungi that work with salts and worth every penny ( like sea green and tru bloom & rootamentary)

makers website:
&
Thc forums:

now for a worthy base for coco for your cash, I would suggest look into Mendocino producer/grow more (same company just different labels for certain things )
A base ( you only need 3-4 stages through The Whole cycle and that’s your choice , you could run 1 if your a cheap ass ) point is their average on their dry amendments is 50-100 bucks and you get 4,500 gal average ( beat that liquid hydro bottled and they expire and you gotta shake em lol )

Agreed. Cost wise its going the be the best.

I think im at like 18 cents a gallon on avg for food.
Dry is more like 0.05 cents a gallon. (USD)

I just only use 5-7 gals a week. So its never been a massive problem.

bacillus is our hero right @Burned Haze ? SO unloved but so amazing.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
When I ran a hydro store, I told people to get their base fertilizer or soil mix down for the best quality. Everybody thought there was some magic bullet to growing and never listened.

I'm doing a perpetual 4-1-5 NPK as my base fertilizer based on tissue samples. Cut back on K after week 6 until flush. The only additives I use are a touch of Mr. Fulvic and pyroligneous acid. Maybe a calcium foliar at flip.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

When I ran a hydro store, I told people to get their base fertilizer or soil mix down for the best quality. Everybody thought there was some magic bullet to growing and never listened.

I'm doing a perpetual 4-1-5 NPK as my base fertilizer based on tissue samples. Cut back on K after week 6 until flush. The only additives I use are a touch of Mr. Fulvic and pyroligneous acid. Maybe a calcium foliar at flip.

Why the cut on K?

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

If you aren't supplementing your UVB light, I'd highly recommend it. There are actual studies you can find from a couple horticulture colleges that show it can increase thc levels by up to 30% depending on genetics.
My own observations...way more frost when I started using it, and I get a lot of couch lock from my weed. 🙂

cottageman

cottageman

Sea green by primordial solutions is an amazing product. It has your “goodie bag” as I call it. All the aminos, kelp, molasses, humic acid and beneficial bacteria. I have noticed it improve the health of my plants a lot and I’m in coco as well. Something with a bacteria blend and/or a mixture of beneficial supplements like molasses and bacteria can help your plants in a lot of ways but I believe I saw a difference quality wise between just using nutes and nutes plus a beneficial additive like sea green or prime by heavy 16. For a base if you want inexpensive go powdered like jacks, Athena ag, perfect grower, and there’s multiple other ones that are great, simple and a lot cheaper than canna

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Aqua man recommended i do the same.

Bump up on K sulfate around week 4, lower back down after week 6.

I'd guess because the tissue reports show an increase of wanting more K during those weeks?

But he said after week 6. I just taper the base nute down as needed. No flush unless medium has build up. And i agree. Too much nutes during ripening can hurt potency.

bunkerking

bunkerking

But he said after week 6. I just taper the base nute down as needed. No flush unless medium has build up. And i agree. Too much nutes during ripening can hurt potency.

Need more coffee.

Yah i hear you. The grow i got the best reviews on was the one i didnt flush lol (when i used maxigro)

In my head im battling the idea of wanting to shove more cal phos into the plant, yet not starve it of food.

I almost want to just start hitting mk ultra with bonemeal every other day.

I Like the rockhard nugs and using a grinder when i load bowls.

Should still hit a nice fade that way too.

bunkerking

bunkerking

btw i saw you didnt get why people like rocks.

I feel like you are smoking less plant matter, getting more weight per same volume, super terpy when you use a grinder. IMO.

OG Doge

OG Doge

Drop everything and switch the Dutch Master Commercial Edition full lineup.

Super clean, reasonably priced and concentrated. I was only going to grab the Trich-X but I'm glad I tried the whole line.

I know its not the question you asked but it has made my last grow one of my best.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Sea green by primordial solutions is an amazing product. It has your “goodie bag” as I call it. All the aminos, kelp, molasses, humic acid and beneficial bacteria. I have noticed it improve the health of my plants a lot and I’m in coco as well.

It's a nice little tool for soil/soil-less. It foams like crazy in hydro. I had it in my lineup for a long time.

I'm using Mr. Fulvic right now, perfect for hydro. It is organic, water extracted (no hydroxides or extra K), potent at 1 ml/gal and has fulvic, amino and organic acids.

cottageman

cottageman

It's a nice little tool for soil/soil-less. It foams like crazy in hydro. I had it in my lineup for a long time.

I'm using Mr. Fulvic right now, perfect for hydro. It is organic, water extracted (no hydroxides or extra K), potent at 1 ml/gal and has fulvic, amino and organic acids.
I’ll have to check out mr. fulvic then! And yeah it does foam a lot, the only real downside but I just add it bits at a time and it helps with the insane foaming

Andy

Andy

Terpinator is just nano K sulfate. Its really the sulfate that brings out the terps.
Can get the same results from cheaper products.

Id recommend going with a microbe blend that's high in bacteria. Fungi is over rated when in coco. We dont need help with water uptake. We need proteins, amino acids, and other good stuff from living coco.

Its going to really do a good job of keeping things balanced.

That would be my own 2cents. Otherwise Keep it simple.

They like a balanced feed the entire grow, no need to add too much snake oil.
Sorry for the delay - can I ask, what does mag sulphate do? And do add it from day 1 of flower?

B

Burned Haze

Sorry for the delay - can I ask, what does mag sulphate do? And do add it from day 1 of flower?

Let me help ya mate on the information
Mag sulfate = Aka Epsom salt = good source of mag and the sulfur. Plants will benefit major because of that vs just mag nitr only added or other products

How mag works and some info on mag sulfate. Really helps you understand how it work and no magic

cottageman

cottageman

Extra magnesium If you need it plus sulfur brings out the smell in cannabis so as long as you’re not overdoing it it’s a win-win

Latest posts

Top Bottom