Trying to boost quality - any additives that will significantly help?

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Andy

Andy

Thanks guys, really appreciated. I've only used the absolute essentials for years - Canna coco A&B, PK 13/14 and that's it. I'm going to add this magnesium sulphate to the list thanks to the advice here.

Just a couple of questions:

1 - My plants never suffer from nutrient deficiencies - could adding mag sulphate cause an imbalance if they already have everything they need?

2 - Can I get this from the grow shops? I can't seem to find it. Of course epsom salts are readily available - do I need a specific grade/type? To be honest I'd rather buy from a grow shop as my OCD mind can know it's sold for the specific purpose..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks guys, really appreciated. I've only used the absolute essentials for years - Canna coco A&B, PK 13/14 and that's it. I'm going to add this magnesium sulphate to the list thanks to the advice here.

Just a couple of questions:

1 - My plants never suffer from nutrient deficiencies - could adding mag sulphate cause an imbalance if they already have everything they need?

2 - Can I get this from the grow shops? I can't seem to find it. Of course epsom salts are readily available - do I need a specific grade/type? To be honest I'd rather buy from a grow shop as my OCD mind can know it's sold for the specific purpose..

Products like Botanicare sweet are mostly mag sulfate if you want a bottle.

And yes you should lower the ec of the base and pk to account for the added mag sulfate if you are dialed in.

Andy

Andy

Thanks MIMedGrower, great to know. Just out of interest, as for the alternative, can I just buy epsom salts and put them into my tank? And if so, at what concentration?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks MIMedGrower, great to know. Just out of interest, as for the alternative, can I just buy epsom salts and put them into my tank? And if so, at what concentration?

Yes epsom salts are perfect. I dont know the concentration. Sure someone who does will chime in.

I dont use additives. And like you said above no real need if the elements are present in the base nutes.

For better quality i would actually drop the pk. No need at all. I use only a complete base grow ratio nute. I like pure blend pro grow but have had great results with others. My yield and quality went up when i dropped the bloom bottle.

Andy

Andy

Interesting - are yours in soil? I’m using coco so maybe that accounts for the 2 part I’m using. I’ll look into dropping pk as well.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Interesting - are yours in soil? I’m using coco so maybe that accounts for the 2 part I’m using. I’ll look into dropping pk as well.

Yes potting soil. Was ocean forest now using pro mix hp.

Here is a video from the president of dyna grow sharing his lab test results. The plant does not need a ratio change.

Also bruce bugby at the university of utah shows using only a 2-1-2 for best results.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter

Here is a video from the president of dyna grow sharing his lab test results. The plant does not need a ratio change.

Also bruce bugby at the university of utah shows using only a 2-1-2 for best results.
Its very good info explained easily from the dyna gro guy. I rarely watch youtube, but someone else mentioned bruce bugbee recently. Might have to look at it sometime.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Its very good info explained easily from the dyna gro guy. I rarely watch youtube, but someone else mentioned bruce bugbee recently. Might have to look at it sometime.

There are many much more technical vids but here is the home grower guide of best parameters from bruce and the hemp testing lab. He also consults with medical weed growers for info.

Funny part is you can just follow ed rosenthals grow book for exactly the same info. Im glad to see the same results. No need to guess from forum info any longer.

cottageman

cottageman

So I listened to it and he never says you don’t need a pk boost, hee gives his opinion and says I don’t think you need it based on what I’ve seen and what customers have told him. Also he’s talking about his foliage pro one part product, which has a 3-1 n to p ratio like I said. Where exactly does he say you don’t need a pk boost or that 2-1-2 is absolutely better? He also sells a bloom booster that highs a higher pk level specifically for flowering.
one example he gives in the interview is his leaf sample analysis, where he states that the leafs were taking in slightly more k then n

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So I listened to it and he never says you don’t need a pk boost, hee gives his opinion and says I don’t think you need it based on what I’ve seen and what customers have told him. Also he’s talking about his foliage pro one part product, which has a 3-1 n to p ratio like I said. Where exactly does he say you don’t need a pk boost or that 2-1-2 is absolutely better? He also sells a bloom booster that highs a higher pk level specifically for flowering.
one example he gives in the interview is his leaf sample analysis, where he states that the leafs were taking in slightly more k then n

2-1-2 is from bruce bugby at U of U.

The dyna grow president says he only made the bloom bottle due to customer demand. And he reads all the lab tissue tests showing the plant does not change ratio much from veg to flowering. His opinion is directly from the lab results.

He clearly says that foliage pro 3-1-2 is what the plant needs through the whole cycle except for silica which he shows to be more of a macronutrient.

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

adding chemicals is probably the single dumbest way people think they can grow better pot.

no offense.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You said he proves it which he didn’t in that video and his own Duna grow one part isn’t 2-1-2?

I didnt say he proves it in the video. I said the bigby vid had all the parameters they tested to work best. And the dyna grow vid has the tissue sample results they tested on marijuana. He does say the ratio is the result of extensive testing.

There are tons of apogee videos and he is the agriculture nutrient class professor at the U of U for many years. There is a lab for everything. He has a tour vid as well.

And again. Dyna grow info is seperate from professor bigsby who has worked for the university of utah for decades and is the president of apogee inc. He and his company designed the professional light meters as well. They have develloped a new par meter that includes far red. Which he has a vid that shows much better growth on crops than led without.

There is tons of great credible and documented info.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
He clearly says that foliage pro 3-1-2 is what the plant needs through the whole cycle except for silica which he shows to be more of a macronutrient.

It provides K, which competes with Ca. Foliage Pro also lack any sulfur in the bottle so it doesn't preciptate, making it a 2-part fertilizer instead of 1.

Mospeada

Mospeada

If you're into increasing quality then getting into Brix might give you a bigger picture.

Top Bottom