Trying To Clone From 1st Grow

• Thread starter FelixTheCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

I topped the plants of my first grow and decided to try cloning the tops. I improvised a setup with a led light I wasn't using + a heating mat. So far they've been alive and well for 3 days, which I'm surprised. I didn't use any gel or anything.
Any suggestion on when to transfer them to small pots/put inside my tent? When should I turn off the mat? So far it's been on 24/7 with the light
i've been keeping them wet/with the lid on, but they're starting to outgrow the dome
thanks!!
pics:

Trying to clone from 1st grow
Last edited:
G gnome

G gnome

Theres a ahitload of threads on cloning. Id read up as much as u can.

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

yes I searched for clone threads but didn't find anything on when to take them out of a dome..
do you think I'd need them in a dome much longer until they're read to be in the tent?
the lid hasn't even been completely shut (since its crooked) and they're been ok, but I spray them often

madgrower

madgrower

yes I searched for clone threads but didn't find anything on when to take them out of a dome..
do you think I'd need them in a dome much longer until they're read to be in the tent?
the lid hasn't even been completely shut (since its crooked) and they're been ok, but I spray them often
Any roots out through pucks

G gnome

G gnome

not yet, as far as I read online it take 8-10 days to see roots, is that right? was also unsure about that

First off....click the tool bar and use the sites search function by typing in key words. For example: clones transplanting
Screenshot 20180409 201521

To answer ur questions....i leave my dome on till i transplant clones. .....id wait until u have a few nice roots poking out till u transplant

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

First off....click the tool bar and use the sites search function by typing in key words. For example: clones transplanting View attachment 791399

To answer ur questions....i leave my dome on till i transplant clones. .....id wait until u have a few nice roots poking out till u transplant
cool, do u think they can make it without a bigger dome?

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

For $6 its worth it imo
true but im not near a hydro store and amazon would take a few days which would be close to transfering them... maybe home depot has them lol

do u live the two parts open on top?

madgrower

madgrower

true but im not near a hydro store and amazon would take a few days which would be close to transfering them... maybe home depot has them lol

.Garden center has them

G gnome

G gnome

I wudnt count my chickens just yet...might take over 2wks till theyre ready to come outta the dome. And, once ya buy the dome ya got it for next time too

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

Helped? Helped what? Ya aint done nothin yet....i dont use a heat mat but some of my colleagues do and swear by em
helped them to stay alive for 3 days with no roots or gel or liquid or anything.. there are many things HELPING them right now.. not me...
seems like most people in this forum has an aggressive or competitive tone lol weird

G gnome

G gnome

helped them to stay alive for 3 days with no roots or gel or liquid or anything.. there are many things HELPING them right now.. not me...
seems like most people in this forum has an aggressive or competitive tone lol weird
The beat mat doesnt help them stay alive. The heat mat is there to help em root. Same w the rolting hormone. U cudda stuck em in ur fridge for 3 days and got the same results u have right now....the only thing thats helping stay alive right now is the dome

Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
You take them out on the 3rd root...you do not need a bigger dome...you dont need a heat mat....if you need help pm me

IMG 20180408 113946 957
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

You take them out on the 3rd root...you do not need a bigger dome...you dont need a heat mat....if you need help pm me
nice! thanks!!
I improvised a taller dome with a box lol I read that you don't want to keep the soil moist so they can search for water for but its hard to sptray the leafes and not keep their soil from getting water too

IMG 2776
IMG 2781
Top Bottom