Trying To Clone From 1st Grow

• Thread starter FelixTheCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

nice! thanks!!
I improvised a taller dome with a box lol I read that you don't want to keep the soil moist so they can search for water for but its hard to sptray the leafes and not keep their soil from getting water too
You don't want the soil soaking wet but you don't want it dry either,roots don't search for water they only grow out as the plant grows and take/use water and nutrients available to them,you are misting the leaves because they don't have roots yet to uptake water so they are getting it through their leaves.

S

Shawnery

Are you stating that just clone roots don't search for water or all cannabis roots? I only ask because everything besides this statement has said the opposite that I've read and it has been a lot of reading.

By the way, your clones look great and good luck. I've been thinking of doing the same but I like growing different strains each time. Ended up giving them to my neighbor who grows tomatoes very well.

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

Are you stating that just clone roots don't search for water or all cannabis roots? I only ask because everything besides this statement has said the opposite that I've read and it has been a lot of reading.

By the way, your clones look great and good luck. I've been thinking of doing the same but I like growing different strains each time. Ended up giving them to my neighbor who grows tomatoes very well.
no, I meant that clone roots do search for water, like any roots, that's why you don't want to make it always acessible so they start searching and growing.. that's what Ivve read

S

Shawnery

I agree, sorry, I was reacting to kansabis' comment that roots don't look for water. I to have read pretty much EVERYWHERE, the exact opposite.

I was under the belief that you should wet the paper towel under the media used. Guess you never know who to belief or what to read when it comes to cannabis growing.:D:crying2:

K

kansabis

Well I'm no expert but plants/roots require water to grow,so if their isn't any then they have no way to grow,water does however cause them to grow and get bigger,either way I wouldn't let my dirt dry out on my clones whether they have roots yet or not. Just my .02

madgrower

madgrower

Well I'm no expert but plants/roots require water to grow,so if their isn't any then they have no way to grow,water does however cause them to grow and get bigger,either way I wouldn't let my dirt dry out on my clones whether they have roots yet or not. Just my .02
if there's moisture they won't dry out

madgrower

madgrower

Will they pop roots into dry dirt if you are only misting the leaves or dome?
I have enough moisture in my done with heat mat that my jiffy plugs are always damp not wet I don't clone in soil but I would think that as long as there's not more than a cup per plant that they will stay moist...

Enforcer

Enforcer

I stuck a cutting straight into potting soil, covered with a baggie, and placed on a heat mat. No 45* cut, or rooting hormone, or sterilization, or stem scraping, or rooting plug, or misting. Just kept the medium moist (not soaked) to maintain humidity. Rooted in about a week. However, depending on environment and the health of the mother plant, it may take a little longer. Up to 14 days is not unusual.

Cloning is all about environment. About 80% humidity + around 80*f + time = clone.

As previous stated, transplant into pots when you have a few roots poking out.

Here is a pic of that clone. Currently revegging, which is why it looks funny. Good luck.

F76E316B A344 491E 8C58 92CBD69219FE
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

I stuck a cutting straight into potting soil, covered with a baggie, and placed on a heat mat. No 45* cut, or rooting hormone, or sterilization, or stem scraping, or rooting plug, or misting. Just kept the medium moist (not soaked) to maintain humidity. Rooted in about a week.

Cloning is all about environment. About 80% humidity + around 80*f + time = clone.

Here is a pic of that clone. Currently revegging, which is why it looks funny. Good luck.

they look great, is that pre flowering?
mine are in the dome for 8 days now, still alive and growing leafs but I don't see any roots yet

Enforcer

Enforcer

they look great, is that pre flowering?
mine are in the dome for 8 days now, still alive and growing leafs but I don't see any roots yet
I took the cutting during week 2 of flower. So yeah, it had some flower sets when I took it. The 3 finger leaves on top indicates it’s revegging.

madgrower

madgrower

I stuck a cutting straight into potting soil, covered with a baggie, and placed on a heat mat. No 45* cut, or rooting hormone, or sterilization, or stem scraping, or rooting plug, or misting. Just kept the medium moist (not soaked) to maintain humidity. Rooted in about a week. However, depending on environment and the health of the mother plant, it may take a little longer. Up to 14 days is not unusual.

I have never had any luck doin that maybe if I only did a couple .I have a friend that does it with those plastic clear cups one over the other and does well mine look good but after 14 days they get shitty and stunt on me lol. Not a good green thumb

Enforcer

Enforcer

I have never had any luck doin that maybe if I only did a couple .I have a friend that does it with those plastic clear cups one over the other and does well mine look good but after 14 days they get shitty and stunt on me lol. Not a good green thumb
You’ll get it man. My first few try’s crashed and burned. I even built a clone machine that failed. But once you get the environment right, they root most of the time. I just took some cuttings a week ago, still waiting for roots. But the mother plant was a little nute deficient, so I expect it to take a little longer.

NGA

NGA

when it comes to cloning you can apply any technic ,they all work ,I think a lot of guys just do everything they can thinking it going to help ,but in reality you don't need anything,test my theory,cut your clones on 45 degree,put in glass of water ,put them in darkness 24 hrs ,dip in what ever your using ,I buy cheap powder ,put in your cubes ,place under light don't let dry out ,and leave them alone ,as long as it's not cold you will have roots 14 days,I always have 100% simple

K

kansabis

when it comes to cloning you can apply any technic ,they all work ,I think a lot of guys just do everything they can thinking it going to help ,but in reality you don't need anything,test my theory,cut your clones on 45 degree,put in glass of water ,put them in darkness 24 hrs ,dip in what ever your using ,I buy cheap powder ,put in your cubes ,place under light don't let dry out ,and leave them alone ,as long as it's not cold you will have roots 14 days,I always have 100% simple
I'm gunna give this a try.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I checked the propagation cabinet this morning and saw this. These cutting were taken on the 4th. Four of the cutting have roots today. I expect the rest to push roots over the next few days. You’ll get it. Then all you’ll have to figure out is what you’re going to do with all those clones. LoL

30BDBF4F B238 40B2 97CB 96C039B20843
6C40DF74 448F 418D 9193 2B1E08B0FA66
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

I checked the propagation cabinet this morning and saw this. These cutting were taken on the 4th. Four of the cutting have roots today. I expect the rest to push roots over the next few days. You’ll get it. Then all you’ll have to figure out is what you’re going to do with all those clones. LoL
thats some good looking roots. are you transferring? So far I only see roots coming out of one and they're still short. The rest are still alive tho. Its been 8 days

lol if they survive i'll put them all outside. it's starting to get warmer and sunnier in oregon

Enforcer

Enforcer

thats some good looking roots. are you transferring? So far I only see roots coming out of one and they're still short. The rest are still alive tho. Its been 8 days

lol if they survive i'll put them all outside. it's starting to get warmer and sunnier in oregon
I ended up putting the first 5 with roots into a 1 gallon pot of pure coco and hooked them up to the the auto irrigation system. Checked today and I have three more with roots.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
yes I searched for clone threads but didn't find anything on when to take them out of a dome..
do you think I'd need them in a dome much longer until they're read to be in the tent?
the lid hasn't even been completely shut (since its crooked) and they're been ok, but I spray them often
once well rooted you can and should move on to next phase. Look for roots piercing out from under and sides of your pucks

Latest posts

Top Bottom