Trying to dig out of a big hole

• Thread starter paulie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
paulie

paulie

Maybe I should of named my last thread daydreaming to get out of this crap. I'm thinking about extending my personal loan by about $3000-$4000 A break down of what that would need to cover Have not added set up cost due to wanting you guy/ladies advice on that. Am wanting to grow in soil and don't want to use co2.
$200 a week towards cost of rent (just for first grow)not renting it yet but will have two bedrooms available for MJ will be sleeping in 3 one
$50 ??? for power a week

The seeds I have at the moment are feminized
1X Super Bud
1X The Doctor
1X Big Bang
1X White Rihino
1X Durga Mata- The Mother Goddess
Hopefully someone will be able to give some info on set up (I know prices may be different from where you live to where I live)
If I have posted in wrong area please move to right area.

S

ssteely71

Start small is the best advice I have. 5 seeds can be completed with a few bags of good soil and with as little as 250-400w of light.
I started with a small set of T5 lights and lots of research and havent stopped growing, learning and improving since. Dont overcomplicate it till you get a few grows under your belt imo. Best of luck.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wait, you're getting into debt, in order to set up an indoor grow, in order to get yourself out of debt...?

What state are you in? In other words, is it legal where you are, and if so then can you grow outside? The very best ROI is always gonna be on OD. Always.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
do you have a job? how old are you? can you work?

paulie

paulie

Thank you all for info so far
Live in Australia so not legal to grow here. Hopefully will be able to find a rental that I can grow out side but very very slim chance. I'm early 30's am working but barely making ends meat and have been applying for other jobs for way to long with no good job offers yet. I know it sounds crazy getting into more debt to get out of debt. I don't want to go into detail but having about $16000 debt really suxs. BTW debt I have now has nothing to do with MJ. Will have a look at T5's. Will look for more info about ROI as I am doing this purely as a source of income.

Dunge

Dunge

Then it's down to can you make money growing weed?
People I know love weed, so yes.
Lots of real deal growers here at the farm.
Took me years to reliably bring in harvests.
Love that organic super soil and microbials.
So I'd love to see you do it.
Oh, and don't get caught.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thank you all for info so far
Live in Australia so not legal to grow here. Hopefully will be able to find a rental that I can grow out side but very very slim chance. I'm early 30's am working but barely making ends meat and have been applying for other jobs for way to long with no good job offers yet. I know it sounds crazy getting into more debt to get out of debt. I don't want to go into detail but having about $16000 debt really suxs. BTW debt I have now has nothing to do with MJ. Will have a look at T5's. Will look for more info about ROI as I am doing this purely as a source of income.
Then you need to learn your craft before you start dumping a bunch of money into it. Get a few grows under your belt, going small and inexpensive. THEN work towards rollin' large.

auldone

auldone

and this....
Start small is the best advice I have. 5 seeds can be completed with a few bags of good soil and with as little as 250-400w of light.
I started with a small set of T5 lights and lots of research and havent stopped growing, learning and improving since. Dont overcomplicate it till you get a few grows under your belt imo. Best of luck.

sixstring

sixstring

Takes money to make money :)
with that 3 to 4k budget should be simple.if you do your vegging in a tent you could run the whole op in 1 nice size room like 12 x 14 and get your ROI back on the first crop.gotta learn to clone and turn those 5 beans into 15 to 20 plants so you will have plants to flower when the first run finishes. 8 bulb t5 or 400 mh to veg and a pair of 600hps to flower, should be able to set the stage for that second room if you can grow.need to be able to tackle some light home remodeling in order to set up your cooling and electrical needs.winter is coming now right? Maybe you can use outside air to cool for a while . read up on here in the grow room building section....do we have a section for this? Lol. You can do it, gl

burn4me

burn4me

while i understand everyones opinions here i say go for it. make sure you do your research ask questions and be vigilant. going into further debt isnt always best but if you can get the hang of it then more power to ya. just be sure to read read read. always be willing to learn and you cant go wrong. as for turning a profit youll have to either get lucky or get good. but if you stick to it both will happen eventually. i spent about a band ($1,000) give or take. i turned closet into 3x5x8 veg and 5x5x6.5 bloom tent. all the goodies. now there is way more expensive toys to buy but do a little searching and you can have a lot. plus if you do go cfl for the first couple times it will be cheaper in a lot of ways. no heat issues, low energy, and still flower nicely. good luck brother and keep it green
B4M

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

4000 on top of 16000, go for it, it is 1/4 of your debt and if you cant pay the 16 then what more damage can 4 stacks do as your in the hole. Get a couple 600w's for flower and t5's for veg. Make sure you know how to adjust your water, never over nute, keep humidity in order and keep a clean grow area as you cant afford to lose! but keep in mind "what could go wrong, will go wrong!", and you dont know what "what" is yet so be humble and pay attention to your girls.

auldone

auldone

I'm coming at this as someone who just dug themselves out of debt....

If you have only YOU to worry about, no kids, no wife, then go balls out.

But if you have a wife and/or kids, man, start small. Learn how to grow if you dont yet cause SO MUCH CAN GO WRONG...

Its so easy to get that hole dug, but its a mother fucker getting out some times. Sounds like that is your goal, to get out....

But if you do go balls out, Best of Luck!

paulie

paulie

Yea Son OfDaMournig I can't be any more up s### creak than I am now. (are we aloud slag?)

auldone your not wrong there so many ways to feel like your in to bigger hole. I don't have wife kids etc only have family that I would miss dearly if I got f####ed over and ended up in jail. Maybe I should be saying when but am really hopeful that the two mates that I would sell two would not rat me in if s### hit the fan (they run small time tini houses). Have known them both over 10 years. Have had normal veggie patch in past and ended up with not perfect looking veggies due to pests but eatable food. sixstring am not a heavy smoker so should be fine with that problem.

burn4me is the sizes on this site in foot?

Have so many hippafidacool (spelling no idea) questions some need to be answered be-for I start and some don't like what if a ufo steals my smoke :playful:.

Seamaiden I don't have the time to start super small.

Thank you for all your on going help. Have tried to break info up a bit to make it nicer on the eyes/brain. Going to wait a couple of weeks be for I go to bank as I have to find ideal place to move to first. Staying with family atm. Who don't even know I smoke so can't do it here.

OGkushistein

OGkushistein

start by purchasing a 1000watt growlight from ebay MH+HPS bulbs(200bucks) ..that alone should be 50 bucks a month in electricity ..

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I'm coming at this as someone who just dug themselves out of debt....

If you have only YOU to worry about, no kids, no wife, then go balls out.

But if you have a wife and/or kids, man, start small. Learn how to grow if you dont yet cause SO MUCH CAN GO WRONG...

Its so easy to get that hole dug, but its a mother fucker getting out some times. Sounds like that is your goal, to get out....

But if you do go balls out, Best of Luck!
Amen, last year I went through HELL. Combined broker screw job put me $54k down. Nothing is for sure in this industry..

Top Bottom