Trying to follow Ed's book

• Thread starter kd0afk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kd0afk

Is it just me or has anyone else found massive problems with Ed Rosenthal's book "The Marijuana Grower's Handbook"?
The mistakes aren't few either. I have found several but mainly I want to focus on the curing section. According to the book curing should take place before drying. According to ALL other information on the subject says different.
There are also some other things like the section on how to measure the intensity of your lights with a camera's light meter. The formula/method is wrong.
There are typos, misslabled photos.
I just would like to know from folks here who have a bit more experience than me if I should just throw the book away or if it is safe to use.
My buddy is under the strong oppinion that Ed has never farmed bud a day in his life. Now, I don't know if that is just a knee jerk reaction showing how much he disagrees with Ed's growing techniques or if he knows for a fact that Ed cant grow, but my opinion right now (and until I have proof) is that Ed knows something about growing but some of his info is wrong. It is on the record that he went to jail for growing so I thing my buddy is wrong about Ed never farming.
Back to the book, thinking about it longer I am coming to the conclusion that the book is worthless in a way. It is full of misinformation so how can a new grower rely on the information at all. The new grower doesn't know what the "bad" information is so how could they know what advice to follow?

Some advice or opinions on this please.

johnursery

johnursery

theres some misinformation in all the books ive read as far as im concerned, plus its a field were new techniques are constantly being used and developed, i think its best to read alot of grow books to get different points of view and find things you think will work best for you...but i wouldnt call it worthless

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
ed grows - your buddy is dead wrong about that - but yeah his books and cervantes books have glaring discrepancies in them

I agree with johnursery

K

kd0afk

ed grows - your buddy is dead wrong about that - but yeah his books and cervantes books have glaring discrepancies in them

I agree with johnursery
That's what I thought about Ed growing. I think I found the first mistake in the book on the first few pages.

I've emailed Ed about helping him fix the technical issues in the book for the next issue (and I was very nice and as tactful as I could be) but he hasn't emailed me back. I hope I didn't hurt his feelings.
I really like the book, I have gleened some very good info from it but like I said, as a newish grower it is hard to weed (HA) through the bogus stuff.

K

kd0afk

On a side but relevant note, my buddy also thinks the USA would be better off without any kind of military. He seems to be under the impression that if we got rid of our military tomorrow, none of the nations who have been trying to kill us for the last 10 years would attack us.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I'm a Cervantes fan more than Ed. As soon as I got ahold of his book back in 91, I knew he was better than Ed. I like his writing way better as well. Although remember, no one person knows it all....

-TF

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

Growing weed is like a religion. Everybody has their own opinion. I doubt you will ever find to growers who agree on everything.

Not sure how new or old your book is but, check to see when it was last revised. Should say somewhere in the book.

K

kd0afk

Cant find any revision info in the book. It might be in the isbn number (or whatever that is in the front) I don't know if they encode things like that in the publishing industry or not.
Growing weed is like a religion. Everybody has their own opinion. I doubt you will ever find to growers who agree on everything.

Not sure how new or old your book is but, check to see when it was last revised. Should say somewhere in the book.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter

yep its like music now who doesent love a good polka LOL
it takes all kinds thats why they cant get all of us tee hee:hi

Top Bottom