Trying to get at least a pound per 2 months, what do you think?

• Thread starter Cyproz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cyproz

Ok So as the title says, i want a pound minimum every 2 months. I have about a 500-700 budget, and i need the main things, a light, a tent, and a inline fan. So i was thinking of getting a 4x4 tent, with a digital 400 watt HPS, and im not sure on the CFM of the fan, but i was thinking of 265cfm one. I plan on doing pro mix BX for the medium, in like 5-10 gallon buckets and scrog it with 4 plants. I will be vegging them in my closet with a 250 watt MH/HPS digital that i have already. I think if i veg for a month then throw into flowering using a 2 month flowering strain i can get my goal. Im using botanicare nutrient lineup cause i love it. I think i can pull off a pound every 2 months with this. Do you think this is a good setup?

also i know i didnt list containers, and oscillating fans etc., but thats cause i have all that stuff already. I also have all the nutes too.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Even at a gram a watt from your flower room, which is a pretty good start point, your only lookin at 400grams every cycle, if your runnin straight 60 day flips it will be less than that...so 400 grams is far short of 2lbs dried and that will be one your best day for the most part and they usualyy don't even do that. I would use a 600w minimum in flower and your still lookin at around 1.25-1.5lbs dreid each cycle and that will usually take 65-70 days before pullin to harvest and process.

To pull 2 lbs every 60 days, you probably need closer to 2k rockin in your flower room. I hover around 1.75lbs and 2lbs per 1k light but I am rockin it and have been for 15+ years now so I wouldn't say those results are typical..I veg under 400's and 1000's to fairly large plants to even achieve that with any frequency..

Remember it takes about 5lbs wet wieght to get to your 2lbs dried and thats a pretty good amount of growin goin on there..

Sorry I thought you wanted 2 lbs/month...get a 600 and you make 1lb/month...DOH!!!

Tex

C

Cyproz

ok, 600 watts is doable, i dont wanna use 1000 cause thats a just a bit much for my electricity bill. what size container should i use for 4 plants under a digital 600watt scroging it?

L

l33t

yeah go with at least a 600watter for 4x4 tents. It won't be hard to keep cool but use good air circulation and bring in lots of fresh air for best results..

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
2-5 gallon pots, 2 gallon minimum to flower...

Tex

C

Cyproz

ok, so if i got a 600 watt with a cooltube, how many cfms of a fan should i get to cool it?

Yea im just going for 1 lb every 2 months, that way i have 8 ounces for me( 1 ounce a week), and then 8 ounces for my brother.

I also ment 2 months as a standard, meaning i dont want like 100 day flowering which is to long for me. So 50-70 days is fine for me.

I think ill grab some 5 gallon buckets from lowes and drill holes in the bottom. I heard more root room increases yield.

thanks for the great info, i cant wait to start, ive never gone above 250 watts yet so it will be fun.

true grit

true grit

Get a 6 inch vented hood, most 6 inch fans will be around 250-450cfm depending. I would suggest getting a HO 6" that'll move around 400+ cfm and a speed controller. That way you'll probably have a lil more than needed and can turn down if necessary. Better to go bigger, than not enough and end up spending more money to get to a the baseline tolerance.

Most 4x4 tents are about 6.5ft tall- so about 105 cu ft. that means you can turn it over more than once a minute, and can create a passive intake, if another small intake fan is not in the budget. And again with the speed controller you can turn down the fan if necessary.

For my 600w in a 4x3 I went with a 8 inch can and used the speed controller to drop it in half, almost no noise and with cool outside ambient air, I maintained 68-70 with lights on.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I would get a 6" Can Fan HO 440cfm or the Hurricane/grotek one at 630cfm(I always questioned this). Then the fan can double as your exhaust for the entire space as well as just the lights, unless you are goin to do a sealed loop on the lights so you can gas the space..

Tex

C

Cyproz

i dont plan on using c02 yet simply because it is too expensive for me at the moment, i might throw in those homemade yeast and sugar bottles though simply cause they are easy and cheap. They may not add much at all but its better then nothing.

S

supasticky

A bigger pot only means more yield because your roots shoot through the soil and your plants get huge very fast. I would recommend 3 gallon pots and start at 1 gallon pots so you can try to control the growth a little ya know? you dont want it to get too cramped up in there. What strains are you thinking about. I'm using that Oranicare also. Powerful for sure. You definitely want to get the 600, a 400 is where you start really yielding decent, but the step up is when you really notice the difference. If you haven't ever done anything but a 250 then you should probably be ready to tie those beezys up toward the end.

Good Luck
and throw up some pictures when you get it going:)

-Supa
:harvest:

C

Cyproz

thanks for the info supasticky, i already have a bunch of 1 gallons which is nice, how many 3 gallons do you think i can fit under a 600 watt?

Y

Yiyo Sweets

your using a cool tube? i like those, only for supplementary lighting. ill cram one in with a mh bulb in between a couple hps sometimes. those things have virtually no footprint though. and i would definitely say youll have a hard time with the two lb dealio with one o those.

U

ugmjfarmer

12-20 3 Gallons CAN be squeezed in under a light. What really matters is how big the plants are and how bushy they are.

If you go with higher plant numbers you always stand a better chance of getting your target yield, however you will need to trim almost all of the bottom branches off. If you go with lower plant numbers, you end up vegging them longer to fill the "space" and this means your crop takes more time to finish.

The best bet to get a consistent yield every 2 months of a lb or so is to get double the wattage you want in weight, which is about 1000w. Then you calculate the maximum space you can sufficiently light with that bulb, which is a square meter.

Then you pack as many colas in that space as you can and DO NOT veg your clones. In this way, the clones shoot up towards the light. You clean up the bottoms so they do not branch, and then they will reward you with an even canopy of 23-30g colas.

I do a plant per square ft and lolly pop the plants. It ends up being about 12-14 plants under each 1000w and I should yield 1.5lbs per light with hydro because the growth was super fast. No Co2 needed for these numbers, but if you had a 400w and wanted a lb, you certainly would need Co2.

D

darookie2000

ok, so if i got a 600 watt with a cooltube, how many cfms of a fan should i get to cool it?

Yea im just going for 1 lb every 2 months, that way i have 8 ounces for me( 1 ounce a week), and then 8 ounces for my brother.

I also ment 2 months as a standard, meaning i dont want like 100 day flowering which is to long for me. So 50-70 days is fine for me.

I think ill grab some 5 gallon buckets from lowes and drill holes in the bottom. I heard more root room increases yield.

thanks for the great info, i cant wait to start, ive never gone above 250 watts yet so it will be fun.

Don't get a cooltube. IMO, they have a crappy light profile, my plants did not it at all. I have a Magnum reflector which creates no major hotspots. It's expensive, so for a cheaper option, the sun system 2 is great. Definitely get something air cooled. It's too tough to keep a tent cool with 600W otherwise.

You're right that more root space is better, but don't put them into the 5 gal right away, start off in small containers and work your way up to larger ones, that will make the root ball much more dense rather than simply circling around the bottom of the bucket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom