Trying to help pioneer full-cycle fogponic cannabis

• Thread starter FogFarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FogFarms

FogFarms

Greetings growing comrades, I'm a first-time grower going with perhaps one of the most difficult cultivation methods, fogponics. Common knowledge says this is only viable for the early stages of vegetative growth, or that the fog does not carry the full nutrient solution, but I have not found either issue to be the case so far.

But as a first time grower, I also need much assistance even with all the research I've tried to do. Hopefully will find it here!

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Greetings growing comrades, I'm a first-time grower going with perhaps one of the most difficult cultivation methods, fogponics. Common knowledge says this is only viable for the early stages of vegetative growth, or that the fog does not carry the full nutrient solution, but I have not found either issue to be the case so far.

But as a first time grower, I also need much assistance even with all the research I've tried to do. Hopefully will find it here!
Never even heard of that lol, ill hafta look it up

Munch517

Munch517

When I first looked into growing I was excited by the prospect of aeroponics and fogponics was an even cooler concept. I've since settled on growing in soil because of the simplicity and forgiveness that it offers but I'm really interested to see if this works out for you. From what I've been able to gather the limiting factor for fogponics has seemed to be the heat that's generated and problems with the nutrients building up on the foggers causing them to fail or something to that effect. Do you have plants running in a fogponic setup now? Care to share any pictures?

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

No bueno, amigo

I learned the hard way

The problem is the ceramic discs that create the fog cannot handle > 300ppm, which is fine for veg. However, over 300 they quickly burn out. I replaced a bunch of them and finally contacted the company I was buying them from who gave me the 411

The other problem is the device gets super hot. meaning your nutes will too, as both are in the root chamber. I even tried using a separate rez and a fan to push the fog into the root chamber , unsuccessfully of course

A simple F & D can be put together for very little money and is essentially fool proof. Also the outboard rez simplifies topping off, checking pH/PPM, and draining to replace old nutes with fresh

Here's mine. FYI, I have to use lids as this is mosquito country. They manage to get in doors

hth

IMG 4872 2
IMG 4871 2
Top Bottom