trying to hop on the train

• Thread starter pimpin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
anyone know where i can find some trainwreck beans or grown it wanna try some any info appreciated

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Greenhouse seeds - Trainwreck

DNA - Purple Wreck

Woodhorse seeds - Trainwreck

I think there are few hybrids and other versions floatin around also..

Tex

B

British_Hempire

The woodhorse one is what I used to make my TW line, Fast Forward has been growing it recently, check out his thread.

I'm out of TW stock currently but it's top of the list of projects to restart shortly so there will be plenty of TW beans available in a few months.

Billygoat

Billygoat

I'll have a hybird around this April. I've got a Arcata Trainwreck x Pure Thai cross I did back in 2003. That I've brought back and will be around, it's called Oriental Express. Head seeds is using it in a few of their crosses and doing very well with it.

That's if your looking for a hybrid that's has the TW pheno in it. If your looking for a pure form. I'd go with British Hempire seeds. Stay away from Green Houses version. They are full of shit. Their plant is no near the real Arcata cut.
Good luck,
BG

darksideX

darksideX

I'll have a hybird around this April. I've got a Arcata Trainwreck x Pure Thai cross I did back in 2003. That I've brought back and will be around, it's called Oriental Express. Head seeds is using it in a few of their crosses and doing very well with it.

That's if your looking for a hybrid that's has the TW pheno in it. If your looking for a pure form. I'd go with British Hempire seeds. Stay away from Green Houses version. They are full of shit. Their plant is no near the real Arcata cut.
Good luck,
BG
:yes thatz my thinkin' too..

N

Nuglover

Yo BH can't wait for those. Keep us updated, please.I thought briefly about getting some from greenhouse...briefly. I had some a few yrs back that a buddy brought back from norcal. It was some fire. I'd love to pop some for myself.

L

LOCO__MOCO

has anyone heard of the e-32 cut?? I forgot where i read that that is the original trainwreck cut

Billygoat

Billygoat

has anyone heard of the e-32 cut?? I forgot where i read that that is the original trainwreck cut

e-32 is the arcata trainwreck. the same one I used in my cross, and the one i'm budding out now and the same cut Texas Kid has and a few others.
Later,
BG

D

doggystyled73

looks like beanho at hemp depot is gonna be supplying some more trainwreck crosses.. not sure if the cut used is official though.. would love to hear from someone who's grown out his stuff

Billygoat

Billygoat

looks like beanho at hemp depot is gonna be supplying some more trainwreck crosses.. not sure if the cut used is official though.. would love to hear from someone who's grown out his stuff

I saw that over there. Totally forgot about them. I'd say give them a whirl. If they used the real cut and the price is right. A lot of people love the TW strain. For those that can't get their hand on the cut. Crosses are a good chance for them and also S1's.

Nice thread, and good luck.
Take care,
BG

O

Ouroboros

British Hempire Seeds on Breedbay has trainwreck seeds made from Woodhorse seeds.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I still have that same cut BG...been a few years now eh..

Here are the best explantions out there, these are all from back in the day a little and some of these cats are no longer with us.

Trainwreck – Comments from Dr.Jay
A brain thumping, Sativa, soaring high. Comes on strong as a freight train, finishes in the typical ultra-heady Sativa manner! Very medicinal. People become hooked on it like a hard drug. Old school California taste. Dense rock hard nuggets. Next to no leaf .Light green with small calyxes. Thin stem, small buds. Legend has it it was started in the early 80’s by a couple of brothers in San Diego. Mexican X Columbian, with a hint of Afghani.
After 10 or 12 years, somehow a clone was let out, and the madness has started. It has thrived and been mastered in Humboldt County for 12-14 years. This is unbelievable pot. (90% Sativa / 10% Indica
Train Wreck is an old hybrid (1970's) from Humbodlt of lowland Thai, Mexican Sativa, and a very solid and potent Afghani.
Train Wreck (TW) is particularly good for the treatment of migraine, pain, and nausea.

While TW is thought to be a Sativa dominant (and looks like it) it's actually got quite a bit of Afghan in it making this an extremely potent hybrid. I'm guessing our TW is probably a 65/35 Sativa/Indica.

There are a few true TW seeds around but don't expect to find them. If you did you'd be real surprised that this 42 flower strain from clone is 9 months when grown from seed. This is because in Train Wreck the gene that controls flowering is time from germination.
You can see that Wreck is almost vine like with fine Sativa like leaves. Resin production begins almost immediately in flower and can cover the entire plant in frost.One of the striking things about Wreck is the color. It's not really green at all. Here's some of my popcorn nuggies taken from a small plant at day 42
Train Wreck is an excellent strain for SCROG. Here's some Humboldt Wreck harvested at 42 days following an indoor Odro grow.
Some caution about Train Wreck....This strain is a creeper, especially when fresh. You take one toke and it takes a good 5 minutes before you find yourself toasted. Some make the mistake of toking while they're waiting for that first toke and find themselves truly stoned. Heck, my wife smoked Wreck by mistake and got lost in the pool :-)
Cured for 3-4 weeks, TW loses some of the "creeper" quality and becomes rock hard nuggies that are stronger than most hash.Finally, the taste is of a mentholated dead whale dipped in lemon gasoline

Comments on Trainwreck from Meduser : A brain thumping, Sativa, soaring high. Comes on strong as a freight train, finishes in the typical ultra-heady Sativa manner! Very medicinal. People become hooked on it like a hard drug. Old school California taste. Dense rock hard nuggets. Next to no leaf .Light green with small calyxes. Thin stem, small buds. Legend has it it was started in the early 80’s by a couple of brothers in San Diego. Mexican X Columbian, with a hint of Afghani. After 10 or 12 years, somehow a clone was let out, and the madness has started. It has thrived and been mastered in Humboldt County for 12-14 years. This is unbelievable pot. (90% Sativa / 10% Indica

Comments on Trainwreck from Mojojojo : TW is basically a Thai low land sativa that got into the mix up here back in the early 80’s. Out doors it’s a huge “weeper creeper” that takes up TONS of space and takes 9 months to come in. It’s original parents were brought back from Thailand by some vagabond-os wanting to reproduce Thai-stick phenotype. For how the plant looks when grown FROM SEED – or just left to grow – see Clark’s MB pg. 177 “Creeper phenotype” The main problem with the ‘elusive’ TW seeds – is they really aren’t that elusive – its just that the strain (originally – real deal) uses the pair of genes that are “length of time from germination” sensitive. These run the veg time out for almost a full 9 months. Once these genes are ‘satisfied’ then TW blooms really fast (42 days done). In fact if left longer – it tends to just “blow out” and never makes tight again.

Comments on Trainwreck from Beserker :
a.) it was NOT row e-32 it was thirty second rotation - sub type "E" = e-32
b.) that cross was "Mostly" LowLand Thai x Mexican Sativa (dirty mex brick weed) ... that some how (stuipd new-be) got into the mix ... and X with standered Indca dom strain of the late 70's early 80's era that was (and is) the staple of out door in much of the P.NW then and now.
c.) the plant NEVER really seemed to come in - did NOT purple even when it was left in (for what seemed for ever) - it DID get a light BLUSH of mauve!
d.) when we did finally cut it (in the sleating rains of a late year = not even worth going back for was the argument - short hike but like why bother for that huge creeper like THING that didn't have any bud on it last time we looked) -- well we ended up going down the hill - and found SOME AIR BUD on it - long fethery branchs. + had seeded a bottom branch PER: SOP of anything "weird' - or GREAT
e.) then once we got it up and dried the damn thing - and 'tested it' = WOW .. end of story ..
f.) e-32 (what is now called TW) became ledgen - in 82 there was NOTHING comprable.
g.) so that's that -- the seeds were pretty much stable from that X - and over the years we weeded out <pun> the Broad leaf tendencies ... --- yeild IS low = its comes in consistantly w/o Co2 at about 80% of a LB per 1000y w/ Co2 at about 110-120% of a LB per 1000y out doors well how big are the plants (chuckle) BUT it tends to hold CLOSE to the 21.3 grams per Sq Ft vs. the 31.95 to 46.2 grams per Sq Ft in full sun of any of the broad leaf phynotypes. and color = yup its GREY NOT GREEN! because of the crystals - which are ALL OVER THE PLANT from bottom of the stem to the tippy tops! You know its wreck if: Every time you look at it you wonder if its got MITES - and when you look closer you see its JUST the grey of the KRYSTAL looking like mite webs! your arm hairs are sticky and you don't remember touching anything in the room ... it SMELLS of MINT - or menthol ...the TINY buds at the base of the stem are CRYSTALLY TOO -- just like the tops - and when they are dry they are total KRYSTAL = snow white ... and you find your self going "wow this is better looking then the tops! If your checking the SIZE of your ONE hit - not how MANY hits you can take before total couch lock ...Then - that's the wreck!

Tex

649CIMG00181
Trainwreck20sugar2
64912 31 TW Mom 2
Done20TW
Trainwrecknugs4
TW5
TW13
TW12
TW14
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Man from smoking FF's BH TW (LOL) I am really annoyed this cut is still not in my garden. Where are you wreck. My head needs a beatin. HAHA.

Can not wait to see how these TGA Chernobyls turn out. BUt that isnt the same TW used as the e32.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Man from smoking FF's BH TW (LOL) I am really annoyed this cut is still not in my garden. Where are you wreck. My head needs a beatin. HAHA.

Can not wait to see how these TGA Chernobyls turn out. BUt that isnt the same TW used as the e32.

I gotta pigeon with some badass wings....:rasta:

Tex

Billygoat

Billygoat

Glad to see you still got her. Been a long time since that day you and cbf got a gift. ;) I knew she was going to be in good hands. Very sad though, me talking to Dr.jay and shooting the shit with him via pm's. That man knew his shit and I really miss him. I got the cut through him and I was so happy with the person I got it from.

Funny, how far she's be. I mean, I know for a fact. That cut through us. Had been around the world and stashed in a few countries. The good old days when trust was allot better then it is now a days.

For those wanting seeds. They are out there and a few companies are doing them. I might do a few seeds, but Head seeds is on that project.
Take care,
BG

CBF

CBF

Supporter
check out woodhorses latest TW offerin. med sent some TW pollens from his line, and we went back to the arcata cut(TY BG:D) to infuse more TW genes. tiny ass seed, but seems they grow out great.

have a run goin now for another batch for med.

aka

Billygoat

Billygoat

aka, your more then welcome. Boy, your not joking about them being tiny. I had people that got some OE seeds thought they weren't good. Boy, they all popped and grew out well.

Nice to hear people are working TW. Gives those a better chance at getting these genes. Nice to hear it.

BG

CannaSeur

CannaSeur

i'll be keepin my eyes peeled for some of them then bro :)
You and me both ripz! I didn't know the GHS was such shit! I'm almost embaressed now especially when BH said that there probably isn't any trainwreck in the GHS TW. BOOO!!!

British Hempire, do you have a strain list that you have/had sold? do you have a line up of whats coming out next for you? and when abouts? I have seen your name all over and heard/seen good shit about you.

Top Bottom