TSD *attempts* autos indoors, winter boredom.

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I haven't updated this thread because I stopped caring lol. She still lives. Has been evicted to the outdoors because I needed my space for the babies. Figured maybe some cold weather would make her push some more trichs, and it seems to be working a bit, and she's fattened up more. She's on an all water diet until execution day. Notice the weird water looking sun reflection in this pic... trippy man lol. View attachment 1584740
Cold up there at night?
Weve dipped into the low 30s a few night this last week, 2 inches of rain yesterday and today. Its only 42 today too, i wanted to put some plants out real early but i got worried theyd die lol.

Reactions: TSD
E

elusiveshame

Cold up there at night?
Weve dipped into the low 30s a few night this last week, 2 inches of rain yesterday and today. Its only 42 today too, i wanted to put some plants out real early but i got worried theyd die lol.

Now we’re getting your rain and cold weather here. Please quit sending it! 🤣

TSD

TSD

Cold up there at night?
Yeah, I've been chucking her in the garage at night or to avoid rain, and again, I don't particularly care about her at this point... definitely not putting the ladies I care about out yet... I'll probably start hardening them off soon though, in preparation for planting around the 3rd week of May. I did no hardening for the auto, just got fed up and chucked her out. She's got a few white tips on leaves, not sure if it's from sun shock or cold temps... and don't particularly care lol... just trying to get her to push some trichs before I end her lol.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yeah, I've been chucking her in the garage at night or to avoid rain, and again, I don't particularly care about her at this point... definitely not putting the ladies I care about out yet... I'll probably start hardening them off soon though, in preparation for planting around the 3rd week of May. I did no hardening for the auto, just got fed up and chucked her out. She's got a few white tips on leaves, not sure if it's from sun shock or cold temps... and don't particularly care lol... just trying to get her to push some trichs before I end her lol.
She looks good though, has nice bud structure and plenty of them lol.

E

elusiveshame

I need the rain, just could do without the cold.
Agreed. My raised beds are annoying to have to water daily (that annoyance should be resolved tomorrow when my new hose comes in), but the cold is the worst.

I have some heat mats coming in that I’m gonna toss in one of my greenhouses to keep what’s in there happy for the next few weeks.

TSD

TSD

She looks good though, has nice bud structure and plenty of them lol.
Probably would have have been a nice little midway crop had I not gone off the rails with feeding and fucked her up. Might try to do a couple autos outside so I can wrap my mind around how they function, in case I get the itch to start another inside next winter... since Mosh was nice enough to send me some autos with decent genetics, I don't want to totally write them off after one go.

E

elusiveshame

Probably would have have been a nice little midway crop had I not gone off the rails with feeding and fucked her up. Might try to do a couple autos outside so I can wrap my mind around how they function, in case I get the itch to start another inside next winter... since Mosh was nice enough to send me some autos with decent genetics, I don't want to totally write them off after one go.

I feel the same way as you. While I was able to harvest the 4 I planted, I was pretty disappointed overall with them. I’m doing my next run outdoor (though I think I may have started too early and had to bring them inside already), but I got some more to try as I don’t want to just dismiss them entirely.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

They have their place. Mainly in places where you dont get a full 12 hours of darkness.

Ive grown quite a few autos, mostly from ilgm though so wonky genetics at best lol. Ive also grown Atlas Seeds autoflowers and they were decent, i have 2 more from atlas going now that i put in 1.5gal pot to just do their thing. I definitely like the control you have with photoperiods though.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I get your desire for rounding out your weeducation but why go through the aggravation? Pop a photo inside and put that outdoor knowledge to work!!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

What a difference! And how strange she went full force when put in the cold. Plants have a strange mind of their own.
My guess is she stressed it into accelerated growth. Maybe just part of the makeup of the auto cross....🤷‍♂️

TSD

TSD

I get your desire for rounding out your weeducation but why go through the aggravation? Pop a photo inside and put that outdoor knowledge to work!!
I dunno, like to make my life hard? Hopefully I have a good outdoor year and won't feel the need to do anything inside next winter, because outdoor is what I'm good at. I have my outdoor ladies for the summer ready to roll as soon as they can go out... just need the weather to cooperate so I can prep the holes.

Top Bottom