TurboNugs : UC 6xl 1200w tent grow...round 1

• Thread starter TurboNugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Hola Farmers,

Long time grower here, finally getting the balls and $$ to do my first hydro grow. This is just a partial introduction while sitting on the can...LOL

I will update this post later today with all the details.

Ps...i have learned so much from the Farm...now its time to give back. Love this site!

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Awesome....you guys are paying attention.

Equipment: Current Culture UC 6 converted to be 6xl
1000watt mag ballast with splitter to run 2x600 watt
Aqualogic titanium chiller
intake and exhaust fans with carbon filter
sediment filter for water
ph,ppm, temp meters
humidifier

Nutes: Ionic grow and root excel

Strains: 3xGrape Ape,2xChocolope, Chocolate Chunk

Legal Colorado medical caregiver grow!

As of today they have been in the uc system for 4 days....coming strait from cloner. Already got shooting roots from all sites. Im gonna veg for another week and a half then flip.

Sorry for the delay!

20121013 221214
20121013 221136
20121013 221321
TurboNugs

TurboNugs

So back in 2010 I stumbled upon the UC systems. I found them very impressive not only because of amazing yields but the some what easy maintenance. Anyway $1000+ for the system plus chiller and meters blah blah...not for me an my cheap ass. I was going to build my own but that never happened. Craigslist is awesome in Colorado nuff said....so $400 later i got a UC 6 and chiller. It had no lids or air manifold. $200 later i got a uc system ready to kickass along with hydroton, ppm meter, grow nutes and water filter.

I have been humping this site for UC knowledge since 10' and just more recently since I got the uc system. Been growing in soil the past 5 years and played with dwc also. I wanted to step up to the challenge of hydro system growing and scored the best system on the market so....balls to the wall here we go!

So you got a semi-noob to hydro growing here...but im a fast learner.

Thanks for looking....will update soon.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Cool, i'm really glad to see someone else just getting their UC going, i too have been using DWC for a few years and just stepped it up to the UC. Looking at your photos gave me a smile because i got rid of my tent this summer after trying to create a 60-70% RH level as my goal. I really had a tough time getting it to stay there inside the tent, also i wanted to put the charcoal filter up off of the floor and hang it from the over head joists and that did not seem to work inside the tent,.......so i built out a 10x10 room, for my 3K setup for the winter run. I'll be following your grow log with much anticipation.

I'm also a Colorado MMJ patient, so its nice to see someone else being self sufficient, Desertsquirrel and GenghisDon are the Masters as far as i can see so i'm trying my best to follow their advice, just don't get confused : Mash-up is Rollinendough is GenghisDon, that took me a while to get used to, but boy was it worth the effort!

hope you have KILLER results!

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Cool, i'm really glad to see someone else just getting their UC going, i too have been using DWC for a few years and just stepped it up to the UC. Looking at your photos gave me a smile because i got rid of my tent this summer after trying to create a 60-70% RH level as my goal. I really had a tough time getting it to stay there inside the tent, also i wanted to put the charcoal filter up off of the floor and hang it from the over head joists and that did not seem to work inside the tent,.......so i built out a 10x10 room, for my 3K setup for the winter run. I'll be following your grow log with much anticipation.

I'm also a Colorado MMJ patient, so its nice to see someone else being self sufficient, Desertsquirrel and GenghisDon are the Masters as far as i can see so i'm trying my best to follow their advice, just don't get confused : Mash-up is Rollinendough is GenghisDon, that took me a while to get used to, but boy was it worth the effort!

hope you have KILLER results!

Well, my friend is also growing in a UC system also and had awesome results for yield, but the potent kick was not there...this was coming from strains that in soil would kickass from my garden. He's an awesome friend but he doesn't have the passion behind the plant tho....so i took it upon myself to push the plants and system to my limit. I had a problem with humidity the first few days...but a humidifier and a intake/exhaust tweaking got me about 45% with lights on and 60-75% during the dark hours. I feel the only problem i could run into is the plants growing to large for the tent. I got another room thats just chilling for now...but im limited to a vertical height of 5' so i took a gamble and used the "taller" room.

I know about DS and the few other master uc'ers out there...i have been following them for awhile. They are the ones that gave me the courage to try this system lol.

Well im glad i got a few followers of the grow...hopefully we can all learn something from this run.

Thanks for saying hi and commenting....stay tuned!

CaliOceanGrown

CaliOceanGrown

Awesome, TURBO! I'm going to assume that's a 4x8 tent? I Wish I could of scored a Uc & Chiller at those prices, CL in norcal is good for nothing. Looks like i'll be buying brand new system from HydroHQ.

I'll be running my set up in a 4x8 as well, I'm going to purchase a UC8 and modify it to a XL dimensions like you did. Accept, I'm going to modify the tent so I can run the manifold to the exterior of the tent and keep the epicenter outside, if you ever think about expanding your system that concept will give you space for a couple more buckets and assist in keeping the epicenter cool.

Well, my friend is also growing in a UC system also and had awesome results for yield, but the potent kick was not there...this was coming from strains that in soil would kickass from my garden.
Thanks for saying hi and commenting....stay tuned!

You know, I've noticed the same thing & it got me thinking. I Read a article in re-guards to the differences in flavors & potency, in sterile/synthetic water culture grow VS a live/organic medium. The article mentioned that the Sterile, hydroponic plants are deprived of certain raw elements that naturally occur in organic systems, resulting in a slightly water downed product due to the lack of Terpenes and certain Cannabinoids. Like anything, If done properly these hurdles can be overcome, it just takes a little more effort to do so. which is exactly why I love water culture, a bit more meticulous and a bit more rewarding.

Best of wishes turbo, i'll be checking in!

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Yep its a growlab 120l or something like that..but yes its 4x8. I wish i could put the epicenter on the outside but im limited on space surrounding the tent. I got so much stuff crammed in that tent its not even funny. 2x magnum 8" xxl hood, two fans along with filter and ducting...thats just the ceiling...im gonna have to do some strategic pruning and caging system...man i hope i even get that far lol. I never meant to play the UC system as a idiot proof growing system...it takes dedication and a little OCD. :)

I would also like to say....if any you guys have any pointers or suggestions im all ears.

Update: ppm 175, ph 5.8, temps between 65-71, humidity 35-40% ....more root growth nice and white with spikes.

Thanks!

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Yep its a growlab 120l or something like that..but yes its 4x8. I wish i could put the epicenter on the outside but im limited on space surrounding the tent. I got so much stuff crammed in that tent its not even funny. 2x magnum 8" xxl hood, two fans along with filter and ducting...thats just the ceiling...im gonna have to do some strategic pruning and caging system...man i hope i even get that far lol. I never meant to play the UC system as a idiot proof growing system...it takes dedication and a little OCD. :)

I would also like to say....if any you guys have any pointers or suggestions im all ears.

Update: ppm 175, ph 5.8, temps between 65-71, humidity 35-40% ....more root growth nice and white with spikes.

Thanks!
Not sure if i could sleep if i knew he PM/lights out RH% was getting that high, i think DS keeps it constant in the 60 to 70% zone~ I'm a frady cat when it comes to higher humidity after the light goes down, and probably always will be but GD and DS have me convinced, wonder if those guys have any input on effecting final quality being "washed out" and how to avoid it.
I'll be really clear about the fact that i haven't put either of their buds to a "lung test"(hopefully that can be done at some point, NUDGE NUDGE SAY NO MORE!) but i see fantastic tricome formation in DS's photos so i'm betting its a SLEDGEHAMMER!

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

hey just a thought off the top of my head, have you talked to DAN at UC?
He is very helpful, encouraging and super knowledgeable about all things UC, heard he was "THE MAN" and every conversation i have with him confirms it, i have the best luck reaching him early in the day, afternoons not so much, and i hate getting advice from some ones apprentice, if i can avoid it!

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Yep i sat here medicated last night pondering humidity.... well the fans run more now during the night. Ocd is a bitch lol. I have chatted with Dan a week ago...smart mfer for sure.

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Nice start TurboNugs! Looks like I've got a front row seat for the show... On a side note, I'd bump up the pH to be just above 6.0 in veg...

Will do...i know this sounds kinda dumb, but when do you "know" when to add nutes? My ph and ppm are staying the same for about the past 3-4 days...i know the uc can run on minimal nutes and the plants are still making roots not shoots thus not "eating" much. Or should i just sit back and stop trying to confuse myself. Any insight would be awesome.

Thanks Shady! Your grow logs have guided me alot and gave me insperation.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
No worries brah! When the PPM's drop and pH raises, the plants are eating food and you can bump up the nutrient strength. When the PPM's rise and pH drops, the plants are drinking more water and leaving food behind, therefore you should lower the nutrient strength. At this early stage, the plants are focusing on developing a root base and will develop more side shoots over the next week or so of veg...

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Awesome info man...just gave them a top off an ph,nute bump....looking good!

Thanks for you quick reply bro!

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Got some h2o2 an ph calibration juice... gotta keep the equipment up to par.
Thinking about a 1.5ml /gal for the h2o2 since they're babies. I don't wanna smoke them already LOL....that stuff is nasty strong.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

what determens when you have too use h202 an ph calibration juice ? i am on my fourth grow with decent results . and have never used anything except Ph up and down, nutes and UC roots .

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Got some h2o2 an ph calibration juice... gotta keep the equipment up to par.
Thinking about a 1.5ml /gal for the h2o2 since they're babies. I don't wanna smoke them already LOL....that stuff is nasty strong.
Have you thought about UC roots? it is the real deal, or if thats too much of a pain you could always go with "CLEAR REZ" from the folks at e-z-cloner (Dan at UC says its the same except it does not have a long term buffer like the UC ROOTS does) i've used it and i love everything about it but the price is way more expensive, however you can get a much smaller amount and its available at most HYDRO-SHOPS, its great and no worries about burning up your newly forming roots also it seems to have a nice side effect of a gentle lowering of the PH (its an acid right!?!)

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

what determens when you have too use h202 an ph calibration juice ? i am on my fourth grow with decent results . and have never used anything except Ph up and down, nutes and UC roots .
^^^^^^^^ YEP!

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Well im not running it very strong so its just a gradual introdution. Im gonna run it as prevent maint so i dont run into any problems in the future. I wanna run CC nutes next round. Calibration solution is just to make sure my meters are happy...havent done a recal in a few months.

Have you thought about UC roots? it is the real deal, or if thats too much of a pain you could always go with "CLEAR REZ" from the folks at e-z-cloner (Dan at UC says its the same except it does not have a long term buffer like the UC ROOTS does) i've used it and i love everything about it but the price is way more expensive, however you can get a much smaller amount and its available at most HYDRO-SHOPS, its great and no worries about burning up your newly forming roots also it seems to have a nice side effect of a gentle lowering of the PH (its an acid right!?!)

Gonna try that uc roots next round....damn guys....got me all spooked. I will say the roots are still happy and seem to be a little brighter and thicker as of this morning.

Ill try and get some new pics up tonight.

Thanks for the insight fellas!

Top Bottom