Tweed Federally Licenced Cannabis Producer

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Natural

Natural

Wow! I'm jealous. Can't believe they flower in those small ass pots..guess the wand walkers work cheap. What did he say 60 lights..60 kilos plus...makes me think those are 1k's..or he's stretching the truth. Does anyone know if there is a moratorium on shutting down home grows, up in the Great White North?
Ya he said 60 1k's...fans are pretty loud to make out what he's sayin.

Last edited:
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
That's the Hershey chocolate factory they converted up in Canada I believe....1.4million sq.ft. or something like that

Natural

Natural

That's the Hershey chocolate factory they converted up in Canada I believe....1.4million sq.ft. or something like that
Willy Wonka! lol...remember the beer brewery..where they converted all the giant vats into growrooms? of course that was all under-ground back then and they got popped.
I would love to have some space like that bro..room to stretch the elbows!

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Lol the good old molson center days will soon be surpassed. They kinda jumping the gun tho us patients just won the hearing in federal court to keep growing untill further notice. I know one thing even if all the mmpr changes take effect I would never purchase and pay taxes on a product I can suffeciently self produce in my own home or back yard. Yes they are trying to take away personal production or designated production and have it all produced commercially. I have done time before over trees and if need be ill do some more but I will never ever stop growing cannabis. Growing this beautiful plant is just as satisfying as inhaling it.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I wanna know the ins and outs of the moving trays. was just thinking of that today in my designing of a 40 k light room. I do believe he said they were 1k lights.

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

The rolling trays I have seen before just use a skateboard truck lookin thing with two wheels one on either side of the iron bars and the tray just rolls back and forth. I would also assume they are 1k lights that seems to be the norm here in canada I was very surprised when speaking with a few from the UK it seems they mostly run 600 W lights.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I was looking at flanged wheels on a track but those trays seem way cooler. lol. I'd love to find out more info. guess thats my new mission.

Thanks TK for the info. you ever come across any links towards them let me know please.

Last edited:
deacon1503

deacon1503

He didnt really portray the confidence I was assume would accompany, literally, a "professional grower". I figured a grower at that level would sharp as a tack.

I did see a dosatron in the veg room.

2000 plants under 60k in 1 gallon hard pots? Maybe a zip each? Maybe 2? 2000 - 4000 oz = 125 - 250 lbs = 56 - 112 kilos per 56 days x 5 rooms I think he said. 30 harvests a year?

Natural

Natural

He didnt really portray the confidence I was assume would accompany, literally, a "professional grower". I figured a grower at that level would sharp as a tack.

I did see a dosatron in the veg room.

2000 plants under 60k in 1 gallon hard pots? Maybe a zip each? Maybe 2? 2000 - 4000 oz = 125 - 250 lbs = 56 - 112 kilos per 56 days x 5 rooms I think he said. 30 harvests a year?
ya...let's say realistically his pulling 100 lbs. per room x5..without hiccups. He could maybe produce 3,000 lbs a year. If he cleared a $1000 per lb..that would be $3 million Canadian.

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

ya...let's say realistically his pulling 100 lbs. per room x5..without hiccups. He could maybe produce 3,000 lbs a year. If he cleared a $1000 per lb..that would be $3 million Canadian.
Thats before tax lol and good luck finding a medical market in canada all licensed patients that are all ok with a 3-5 dollar increase per gram and pay taxes on ther meds now. Plus health canadas stats say themselves most paitents are licensed to produce for themselves and can do so for little to no cost at all. I think its gonna be a long wile yet before any commercial producers control any part of the canadian cannabis industry this trade will never be taken over by a bunch of pencil pushers. No offense to anyone with a higher degree of education. The simple fact that health canada wants criminal background checks on everyone on site of every commercial op. Lmfao most growers I know including myself all have criminal records we've been in this trade for years and unfortunately the same ppl that are gonna try and pull rank now are the same ppl that labeled us all criminals 20 years ago lol the man aint never gonna take no food off my plate. Call me a criminal and lock me up for growing the same plant you want me to pay taxes on now ha ha GOODLUCK.

Natural

Natural

the age of regualtion, eh OG? Our finest dreams are slowly becoming a looming enemy. It's starting to happen in WA and CO the same way.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Canada’s first publicly traded marijuana company has rough first day when pot shipment seized by RCMP

Douglas Quan , Postmedia News
| April 4, 2014 7:57 PM ET
More from Postmedia News

tweed.jpg

Handout/TweedTweed, based in a former chocolate factory in Smiths Falls, Ontario, said Friday it purchased more than 60 new strains of medical marijuana seeds and plants from licensed growers.
Tweed Marijuana Inc. became the first publicly traded medical pot company in Canada on Friday, but behind the scenes the Ontario production facility has apparently been searching for answers after a run-in with the law.

On Monday, the company was hoping to beef up its stock with a shipment of medical marijuana products that it says it acquired from B.C. growers who had previously been licensed to grow their marijuana at home.

Even though the company had received Health Canada’s approval to import such products, the Mounties, who the company said it had invited to inspect the shipment, ended up seizing it at the Kelowna International Airport.

“We felt everything was done absolutely correctly,” Tweed chairman Bruce Linton said from the company’s office in Smiths Falls. “When you call police to say, ‘Come look at this,’ you believe you have everything in order.”

Related
The case seems to highlight an ongoing confusion around the old legal regime, which allowed licensees to grow medical pot in their basements, and the new regime, which restricts production to commercial growers, such as Tweed.

As of Friday, the company — one of 12 licensed so far in Canada — had still not received an explanation for the seizure, Linton said.

Sgt. Duncan Pound, an RCMP spokesman in B.C., refused to comment on the reasons for the seizure.

“We typically do not confirm or deny investigations unless there is an investigational or public safety need. Specific details about any investigation only become known when that investigation results in charges being laid by Crown Counsel,” he said via email.

Before the April 1 switch to the new regulatory regime, individuals who previously had personal-production licenses were allowed to sell what “starting materials” they had, such as seeds and plants, to one of the new commercial producers.

Linton said Friday his company hadn’t originally intended to purchase other medical marijuana products; the initial business plan was to grow about 25 varieties of plant at the company’s 160,000-square-foot growing facility.

legalizing_marijuana_background_checks.jpg

AP Photo/Elaine Thompson, FileAn Ontario company has had significant part of the medical marijuana confiscated after its first day being publicly traded.
But when the company started accepting customers early in February, demand for its products proved much higher than expected, Linton said.

It became clear, he said, that the amounts sought per patient were “several multiples” higher than what the company had planned for. When Tweed pointed this out to Health Canada officials, the company was told that other commercial growers were buying medical pot from growers who had been licensed under the old regime.

The only stipulation was that they needed federal authorization to do so.

Health Canada spokeswoman Sara Lauer confirmed Friday that Tweed received the go-ahead.

Linton said the company collected plants, seeds and “in-production plant materials” from multiple growers across B.C. He declined to say exactly how much product was acquired, but said it provided the firm with an additional 55 varieties of marijuana.

Linton said the company’s purchases from B.C. were a one-time thing and that all future product will be grown in Smiths Falls.

The company invited the RCMP to come inspect the shipment at the Kelowna airport Monday, the last day such transactions could take place.

Our intent was to be transparent

“Our intent was to be transparent,” he said. Plus, having the Mounties around also provided extra security for the precious cargo.

Health Canada officials were unable to say Friday how many other commercial growers had acquired marijuana products from home growers before the deadline.

Linton speculated that the RCMP seizure may have been the result of “confusion” because of overlapping regulations.

Last month, a Federal Court judge granted an injunction for medical marijuana users who had previously held a personal-production license.

The injunction allowed those users to continue growing pot until the court issues a final decision.

On Monday, the same day the Tweed shipment was seized, the federal government announced it was appealing the court ruling.

The closing price for shares in Tweed Marijuana Inc. on Friday was $2.59 on the TSX Venture exchange, valuing the company at $90.7 million (market capitalization).

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Lmfao ha ha more jokes from our federal goverment. This will give all our new commercial growers a lot of confidence to really move forward with the new regulations. The need for more variety and better products all together is a must like I said these guys are a long way from controlling any part of the canadian cannabis industry. I wish all commercial producers the best no hard feelings I just feel bad some were misled by the man. Hopefully it sparks a product control war and only the strong survive therefore only a connoisseurs market will remain. I would also expect this market to be 100% organic/veganic before I would ever give anyone of them any of my paper.

B

boston

Remeber there will 30 of them 60 light rooms

DojaRose

DojaRose

HD Growbox... DO IT. guy I know just won best new product at the MaxYield show this weekend. It's gonna revolutionize large scale growing

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
how does growbox and large scale go together?

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
You won’t believe where Canada’s legal marijuana supply is really coming from!

WHO GREW YOUR MEDICINE?

Last week, both Tweed and Mettrum had loads of marijuana seized from the same Kelowna airport. Media reports described Tweed’s shipment as 55 varieties of “plants, seeds and in-production plant materials” from multiple growers across BC.

Licensed Producers are desperate for product, since Health Canada has been so slow in processing their applications that most of them haven’t had time to grow any of their own cannabis.

So instead of buying seeds and cuttings as a genetic base, as the rules intended, they’ve been buying mature plants, ready to harvest. This way they can clip the buds, dry them and then flip them to patients. Some have been going further, buying freshly cut buds for resale. This is the so-called “in production plant materials” they’re referring to.

What this means is that companies who have been advertising their high-quality production and inspection methods, are apparently now reselling pot grown in basements.

The seized marijuana all came from Designated Growers who were licensed to grow for up to two patients each under the old system. These are the same home gardens which Health Canada ordered to be shut down, claiming that they are all mold-ridden, unsafe and unhealthy. Yet at the same time, it’s allowed for these growers to sell their product to the newly Licensed Producers, who can then flip it to patients at a profit? How does any of this make sense?

For Tweed and Mettrum, this police action almost certainly means their shipments are lost forever. Even if they get it back from the cops at some point, any plants and undried buds will be ruined after a week in police custody. Not even the recommended gamma irradiation will fix that!

BREAKING THE RULES

Aside from questions about the propriety of reselling home grown bud as if they grew it themselves, there are other issues.

Health Canada never bothered to inspect any of the patients growing their own marijuana, or their designated growers. (They also do a piss-poor job overseeing pharmaceuticals, and those things can actually be dangerous!) So why would anyone presume that Health Canada will be on the ball when it comes to overseeing and inspecting what will soon be hundreds of these licensed producers?

So far there’s only a dozen of these companies with licenses, but already they’re bending the rules. For instance, these companies are not supposed to advertise, yet I see ads for Mettrum and Zenabis on Facebook and other websites every day. What’s up with that? If they can so easily get around Health Canada on something so obvious as public advertising, then clearly the regulations are a joke.

Health Canada is the wrong agency to be creating and overseeing the medical marijuana program. In Canada, health care is provincial jurisdiction. It’s time for the provinces to step up and assert their proper role in meeting the needs of patients in getting access to this healing herb.

Better yet, let’s legalize marijuana for all adults, plus let everyone grow a few plants of their own, and we won’t need this complex system for medical access. That is the real solution.

Top Bottom