Tweed Federally Licenced Cannabis Producer

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

You won’t believe where Canada’s legal marijuana supply is really coming from!

WHO GREW YOUR MEDICINE?

Last week, both Tweed and Mettrum had loads of marijuana seized from the same Kelowna airport. Media reports described Tweed’s shipment as 55 varieties of “plants, seeds and in-production plant materials” from multiple growers across BC.

Licensed Producers are desperate for product, since Health Canada has been so slow in processing their applications that most of them haven’t had time to grow any of their own cannabis.

So instead of buying seeds and cuttings as a genetic base, as the rules intended, they’ve been buying mature plants, ready to harvest. This way they can clip the buds, dry them and then flip them to patients. Some have been going further, buying freshly cut buds for resale. This is the so-called “in production plant materials” they’re referring to.

What this means is that companies who have been advertising their high-quality production and inspection methods, are apparently now reselling pot grown in basements.

The seized marijuana all came from Designated Growers who were licensed to grow for up to two patients each under the old system. These are the same home gardens which Health Canada ordered to be shut down, claiming that they are all mold-ridden, unsafe and unhealthy. Yet at the same time, it’s allowed for these growers to sell their product to the newly Licensed Producers, who can then flip it to patients at a profit? How does any of this make sense?

For Tweed and Mettrum, this police action almost certainly means their shipments are lost forever. Even if they get it back from the cops at some point, any plants and undried buds will be ruined after a week in police custody. Not even the recommended gamma irradiation will fix that!

BREAKING THE RULES

Aside from questions about the propriety of reselling home grown bud as if they grew it themselves, there are other issues.

Health Canada never bothered to inspect any of the patients growing their own marijuana, or their designated growers. (They also do a piss-poor job overseeing pharmaceuticals, and those things can actually be dangerous!) So why would anyone presume that Health Canada will be on the ball when it comes to overseeing and inspecting what will soon be hundreds of these licensed producers?

So far there’s only a dozen of these companies with licenses, but already they’re bending the rules. For instance, these companies are not supposed to advertise, yet I see ads for Mettrum and Zenabis on Facebook and other websites every day. What’s up with that? If they can so easily get around Health Canada on something so obvious as public advertising, then clearly the regulations are a joke.

Health Canada is the wrong agency to be creating and overseeing the medical marijuana program. In Canada, health care is provincial jurisdiction. It’s time for the provinces to step up and assert their proper role in meeting the needs of patients in getting access to this healing herb.

Better yet, let’s legalize marijuana for all adults, plus let everyone grow a few plants of their own, and we won’t need this complex system for medical access. That is the real solution.
Fuck man mettrum now too I personally know some of them folks good ppl. Not top shelf products all the time but thats the number one problek with canadian compassion clubs and dispensaries. I personally am not to worried by any of these mmpr changes this trade was underground for years and I would love to go back to no plant counts. Its very unfortunate that government agencies always feel the need to step in an regulate lets not forget all the opium base pharmacuiticals they are just waiting to shovel down anyones throught that cannot comply or afford there cannabis now. Why is it that my canadian disability plan will cover any and all narcotics but im on my own when I choose a better way of life. How come I have even done time for selling perscribed doctor narcotics back to the strees, and the same doctor gave me the exact same oxy pills after a 6 month bid for putting them out. Your caught one time in violation of your mmar or mmpr regulations no more legal cannabis. The mans getting a piece of every pie look out more money for torture and stupid wars I wonder what contry is next to get invade for drugs and oil.

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

I don't think many patients will be buying from these companies. I foresee elbows going out the back door as their stock piles rise. There has been an injunction which allows us to keep growing, and just a week after that was won Health Canada is already appealing it. Fuck Health Canada. The price is going to steadily drop here in Canada, its currently 900-1000 a piece.

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Hell yeah man lids out the front door Ls out the back its been this way for too long, there is no way the market is going to change and start paying taxes overnight maybe establishing a market from here on with new paitents but no one and I mean no one with a personal production license is gonna stop producing meds.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Hope all goes well for you guys up there, its looking to be going the same way in certain states down here. No growing, you have to buy from dispensaries that the feds do still raid every now and then. Id never stop growing my own, too many people turning this medicine into a poison, spraying and feeding with all the nasties. A new day is upon us, they locked us up for years for growing this "harmful" drug, now they realize the tax revenue they could control, put out a few documentarys on cnn to sway the masses that dont smoke already to vote for it. Soon theyll say homegrowers cause too much crime and they can do it in a "safe" manner. And boom they stole a multi billion dollar a year industry, thatll be completely owned by the richest and most powerful people in the world. I need a fucking time machine, take me to 1969 someone please...

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Most of the companies are looking for new customers, I just don't know what Tweed is going to do with 15 metric tons a month. Yes that number is right 30,000 pounds a month at full production. The under 10,000 sq foot companies will be able to weather the coming price pressure once the 22 companies licensed so far come into full production. Then you will see a blood bath as the big guys choke on all the weed they have and no where for it to go. The big Tweedmarts have to make it to the finish line and that is 3 years away, me as a small producer I have a much lower cost of production so I can out price war Tweed better than Tweed can me. I can go as low as $2.35 a gram and still pay the rent and make a few dollars, I hope I never see that and likely won't. But to do this well you need to be able to scle up when the new government comes into power.

newentown

newentown

The mmpr is looking like more and more of a disaster every day.
One of the main reasons for change was diversion to the black market. So let's change the rules and only allow companies like tweed to ship 30,000 lbs a month through canada post....lol. brilliant!!! First heist and Canada post will be out. Then what?? Private courier. I don't want to be that guy for sure. Especially being that we can't carry guns up here. What a disaster. Hopefully the liberals (Justin trudeau) can step in and do the right thing without fucking up the rest of the country with their other policies.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

The mmpr is looking like more and more of a disaster every day.
One of the main reasons for change was diversion to the black market. So let's change the rules and only allow companies like tweed to ship 30,000 lbs a month through canada post....lol. brilliant!!! First heist and Canada post will be out. Then what?? Private courier. I don't want to be that guy for sure. Especially being that we can't carry guns up here. What a disaster. Hopefully the liberals (Justin trudeau) can step in and do the right thing without fucking up the rest of the country with their other policies.

Could happen, but not likely, remember PPP has been shipping weed for years to Canadians and in over 60,000 shipments 15 scripts were misplaced but eventually found. No one has held them up or anyone else in all these years.

newentown

newentown

Could happen, but not likely, remember PPP has been shipping weed for years to Canadians and in over 60,000 shipments 15 scripts were misplaced but eventually found. No one has held them up or anyone else in all these years.
Yeah it will be interesting to see what the courts have to say about this whole injunction. I believe the courts will see what a mess HC has made with this and actually follow up on their promise to legalize. Either way it's pretty apparent that HC wants out of anything to do with MJ. Imo.

m21fire

m21fire

Thats before tax lol and good luck finding a medical market in canada all licensed patients that are all ok with a 3-5 dollar increase per gram and pay taxes on ther meds now. Plus health canadas stats say themselves most paitents are licensed to produce for themselves and can do so for little to no cost at all. I think its gonna be a long wile yet before any commercial producers control any part of the canadian cannabis industry this trade will never be taken over by a bunch of pencil pushers. No offense to anyone with a higher degree of education. The simple fact that health canada wants criminal background checks on everyone on site of every commercial op. Lmfao most growers I know including myself all have criminal records we've been in this trade for years and unfortunately the same ppl that are gonna try and pull rank now are the same ppl that labeled us all criminals 20 years ago lol the man aint never gonna take no food off my plate. Call me a criminal and lock me up for growing the same plant you want me to pay taxes on now ha ha GOODLUCK.
AMEN!

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Yeah really soild insight right there ^^^^^^^^. Anytime money gets brought into the mix the weasels come outa the woodwork with there sense of self entitlement! I envy you cats that can hold down large projects.

Top Bottom