Twisting Leaves

• Thread starter Mariposagrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mariposagrow

Someone told us this was broad mites we used mite killer and it hasn't gotten any better. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Twisting leaves
Twisting leaves 2
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
what kind of "mite killer" did you use? for broad, cycalemen and russet mites you need a that is labeled for that specific pest - these mites are microscopic so your average contact killer does little to them and could even speed up the rate of reproduction

avid - forbid - pylon are all labeled to kill broads - generally the best coarse of action would be to use each of those 1 time with an interval of 5-7 days - if you spray any of them more than once you risk making the mites resistant

you should first get a 60-100x scope and look at the affected leaves - broads and cyclamens are very similar looking while russets look like the end of a worm

then you have to remember that these sprays are carcinogens and not labeled for plants that are to be consumed and if you are going to use them you will need protective gear to spray them

soserthc1

soserthc1

The key to elimating mites as motherlode said is systematic spraying. The cannabis world wishes mites were a one and done spray pest. From the looks of that plant you might be better off eliminating it as your outside. This providing your other plants are all good .
Neem oil
Horticulture oil
Green cure
Monterey
Ogbiowar
Have worked for me spraying 2/3 days apart covering the plants in their entirety

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
green cure for mites?

problem there is none of those you mentioned will do anything to broad mites - i think its the monterey that will actually increase their reproduction rate

to eliminate broads, cyclamens and russets you need a miticide with transmaccular properties - this means the active ingredient is absorbed by the plants and then concentrated into the growing tips

I will attach a pdf that shows what miticides are labeled for broads and which ones should not be used in a rotation to avoid resistance

View attachment MiticideGuide2010.pdf
ncga

ncga

PPG should be the first thing you buy. Full suit with hood, Full face respirator rated for Organic chemicals, and rubber gloves. Also the proper applicator

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's assuming that the problem really is mites. It really does not look like a mite or parasite problem to me. It looks like something else is going on, more like pH being off or something. Could it be a sport?

M

Mariposagrow

We have a partner convinced it's mites but we don't think that's the case. My husband has been stressing trying to figure out the issue. We have grown here four years and never had this problem or any mites. It's getting down to the wire we really are trying to find a solution for this.

sox

sox

same exact thing is happening to one of our blue dreams, just on one branch so i cut it off about 2 weeks ago and the plant looked great, now its back on another branch, same plant...its 100% not mites because my neighbor has the same thing on one branch of his sour d and he blasted his garden with forbid and some other gnarly chemicals, it made it more wrinkeld...i noticed mine got worse after a tea foliar. Still no idea what it its, but it sure isnt bugs...i looked with a scope

sox

sox

weird part is the leaves are curled and wrinkled really intensely..but they are not damaged at all,

Augestwest

Augestwest

Same thing is happening to me but it's the tops twisting and not the leaves so much. I was thinking it was some fungicide spray I used but only one of my plants is doing it. Hopefully all of our plants snap out of it

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
as I said get a 60-100x scope and check the affected leaves
What he said^^ :)
these days you need a strong microscope to look for the microscopic mites that are everywhere nowadays

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Upload 2015 8 2 14 51 43

i
Too me its always easier to identify the eggs of broad or cyclamen mites as they have spots on them and of coarse if you got eggs then of coarse you have broads another thing is they lay the eggs mainly along the leaf margins and then they go burrow there little asses into the crevices of the new growth and are hard to spot so just look for the eggs much easier just my 2 cents :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom