U.S. Will Enforce Marijuana Laws, State Vote Aside

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

don't bank on that one..the law is set up to eliminate most of the dispensories 'cause of the high price of a license. Less dispenories will no doubt result in higher prices..

The writers of the bill aren't trying to lower the price of weed haha...nope no way. Why would they? Their goal is to take over the market whilst the rest of us toil away in our 5x5's with no legal outlet.

I can just see it the sale of Coliseums goes bananas..vert' growing in a 5x5x12 space. I'll stack em'.

fractal

fractal

80% lower price for crap herb. if you got mites or pm or just grow shitty weed then you may want to vote against this bill. but if you grow the good herbs like i see some of the people on here you dont sweat a thing. right now if you got a badass beer you could be a millionaire. so peeps like greenthumb danny or grow master just off the top of my head no favoritism here. you will still get your dough.

one last thing if your clones come from a dispensary chances are you weed is not wanted, unless you grow some good herb. tell you one thing the shit cali is sending out east this year is horrible, the Canadian shit blows it out the water.

Well just since you mentioned dispensaries and also exporting in the same paragraph there. . . Off topic but I realized yesterday while wondering "WHY have wholesale pound prices dropped 30% or more in 2 years, while prices for retail grams, 1/8s etc . . .Down maybe 20% at most, more like 10-15%." THAT is why i am so angry at the way things are going right now not just low prices in itself. BUT, what I realized is that the dispensaries are diverting a lot of their product back east or wherever they can. I am willing to bet the amount of diversion BY pot clubs is significant. . . I personally witnessed this happen at Arcata iCenter. The owner was selling 2 pounds to some gangbanger from san diego 'under the table.' So I bet if the scope of this was known growers would be PISSED, thinking they went along with the lower prices because maybe they thought that they were doing a good thing.

:confused0054:

I

iatm53

BUDOGHI is preaching the truth. Don't we all just want to get high! Thats what its about, not the money! If you want to make money go live on the east coast! LEGALIZE IT!! VOTE YES PROP 19!!!

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

uhh no he's not. He's dillusional at best and is ignoring what's really goin on and disguising it as idealism. He called one person 'young and stupid' sort of and flew off the handle when he was immediatly corrected. He jumped into the discussion feet first and instead landed on his ass

At least a few folks every week come up to me and say why in gods name are you so down on Prop 19? They say this is our chance to finally legalize the herb what are doing?..I don't say much but..

...Then I calmy hand them a copy of the law and also the "Myths of Prop 19" paperwork I carry with me (I have a stack of copies in the car at all times). ALL of them have come away with a different view point. Not one person has persisted on supporting the prop'. Nobody can deny what the dispensories are trying to pull off.

Prices have come down alot since the mid' nineties. Remember when a elbow was 4800 no questions asked..and an oz' was 300 wholesale...100 quarter...50 1/8. A good point was made that 'kine weed will always go for alot..

I believe since the feds will probably not legalize it any time soon as recreational..so weed prices will never real bottom out in most states. That's reality. Still right now when pounds go for less than 3k in Cali retailers still pawn off top grade 1/4's for 80 and 90..and eighths for 40-45. That's still makes it a high priced commodity. People have gotten used to the price..well sort of. They all say I'd rather pay for the 'kine then get schwag for less

marski420

marski420

U.S. Will Enforce Marijuana Laws, State Vote Aside
By ADAM NAGOURNEY
Published: October 15, 2010

LOS ANGELES — The Department of Justice says it intends to prosecute marijuana laws in California aggressively even if state voters approve an initiative on the Nov. 2 ballot to legalize the drug.”

Ok.. there is a hidden message right there that nobody see's.. Why do I feel so alone in the fact the government flashes power around we give them.. You guys think we have to abide to such non sense? We supposedly live in a democracy, yet anytime they feel like saying no to us they can(regardless of what the voters say??). Everyone on this site knows how harmless marijuana is and that its a naturally re-occuring plant.. Theres proof of ancient people using it!!! You know why its illegal? MANY reasons
1. Racist reasons from the 30's (when it came from mexico)
2. Anyone in the world can grow it, indoors or out and make their own money / medicine..
3. I'll just plain out say it, governments clearly dont give a fuck about any normal people and would rather us use their unsafe drugs that cause more harm than good. You think they dont know cures for horrible diseases? of course they do but in the UN's own words "the world is over populated"
4. Just like what Bob Marley said.. "when you smoke the herb it reveals you to yourself" Couldnt be more true, ever since iv used marijuana everyday for the past 7 years straight I have noticed my logical thinking sky rocket.. Its like my awareness is super enhanced and I feel great about learning things that otherwise wouldnt have been learned without pot.
5. Government loses money, more specifically the pharmacuticals department of the government and the law department of government.. They catch millions of people worldwide a YEAR on a possesion (Or higher) charge and get to jail people in some cases.

How can anyone not see how much of a modern day nazi germany/ roman empire rule were currently under. Every human deserves the right to do whatever they please, there are only 3 TRUE laws.
1.Dont harm somebody
2.Dont steal somebodys things
3.Dont commit a fraudulent act

WE HAVE THE POWER, They have abused the power for long enough, have they not? Everyone knows the governments / elites of the world are corrupt to the bone.. yet we take it like a prison bitch. They poison us by putting Fluoride in our tap water, which all soda/ beer / any beverage you buy is made using tap water.. so even if you dont drink your own tap, your still getting a nice dose of the kool-aid.. People think weed makes a person slow and stupid, I blame it on the shit in our food and drink.. Go ahead and look up what the fluoride does to your brain and other organs. Look up what the fucks in the flu shots and other vaccines.. mercury, SAY WHA?? yeh, mercury in the H1N1 vaccine along with other harmfull toxins I cant remember right now

Sorry to go off folks but if even one person out there can understand my frustrations with everyone just sitting back and taking it square up the hole then ill be happy. Remember brothers, cigarettes and booze have killed millions, probably billions.. Marijuana has killed 0. START THINKING FOR YOURSELVES!!

One love

marski420

marski420

vote no to keep monsanto out of it.. they fuck everything up.

WHAT?? Monstanto is involved in this shit? They are the sketchiest company around and no one should ever use anything they produce.. I'll let anyone whos interested look up WHY.. otherwise carry on

A

alyeska

There you have it!

If the surgeon General says we have other things to worry about that are legal, tobacco, alcohol, then maybe we need a prohibition on tobacco! However this sounds like a good idea but may or may not work. The idea behind it is that tobacco doesn't really effect you just makes you addicted. Ask someone why they smoke? Do they like the nasty smell on there clothes in there mouth or in there lungs? NO! So something like tobacco maybe should be taxed like no other and put those funds into paying down our national debt. The average pack of cigarrets in NYC is 14.00$ a pack! If people need to smoke tobacco that bad and also have a negative impact on health care then they need to pay for it. Also maybe part of this tax could be used to get people to stop smoking!!!

B

Buddy Hemphill

These are the reverberations of Obama saying "Not on his watch!"....

Just wait and see what happens if Cali pushes this with a Bible thumper in the White House.

There must be many more years of state guided Medical MJ before there will be any type of change in federal guidelines. IMHO.

I just dont think the moral majority is ready to back up this type of legislature yet. And like it or not, their numbers are still greater than ours.

B

biggun4me

"The Los Angeles County sheriff, Lee Baca, who has been one of the leading opponents of the measure, quickly embraced the Justice Department’s stance. He said that the initiative was unconstitutional and vowed to continue enforcing marijuana laws, no matter what voters do in November".

Just the complete arrogance of this asshole makes me want to vote yes.. As I already did because I mailed in my ballot Friday... Peace

Illmind

Illmind

gov using fear to sway votes. what else is new, o ya cali smoke this article was already posted in another thread. sound like a buncha little babys we dont care how u vote nanna nana poo poo. i for one would vote yes on the strength of that. and what do u retards who claimed this bill is made so the gov can take over gonna use as an excuse now. oh ya richard lee a pioneer off mmj since before u even knew what chron is ya what a dick what have u done besides hide in the shadows raping sick peoples wallets? uhm nothing but bitch and moan about hypothetical bs. well i think that makes u the jackass.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Fortunately, we don't have to concern ourselves with how you would vote on this. And Illmind, please, would you stop calling people names like retards simply because we disagree with you?

This proposition will make me a criminal in my own home and demands jail time, specifically for the "offense" of consumption within the same ill-defined "space" as a minor. I've kept my nose clean my entire life, nothing worse than traffic tickets. Suddenly, though, unless I eliminate children from my life, I will be deemed a criminal. Now *that* is retarded, in my opinion, but I'm not about to call *you* retarded for not understanding that significant portion of the proposition.
But, wait. . . DJ Short says that we can "deal with monsanto later" !

Can you believe that senile old bastard?
He looked neither senile nor old when I met him last year. Honestly, I'll call that naivete, if it's true that he feels we can actually deal with Monsanto, anytime. And if he's actually here and might be at a mutual friend's event in November, I welcome the opportunity to debate the idea, respectfully as always.
Prop 19 = 80% lower price! not bad for people who just wanna smoke day and night.
I dispute that assertion based upon a very simple economic model--what the market will bear. It has been proven that the market will bear a great deal in terms of cost for weed, why would anyone lower the price? Competition is the only thing that will cause prices to come down and bite into profits, and Prop 19 doesn't allow for a competitive business model in my opinion.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i dont see how they could porve someone is smoking weed in thier own home anyway. you could have smoked while the kid was outside or you could have went outside and the smoke traveled in, like most people do with cigs. Unless maybe they peak in through your windows?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
all the peeps selling weed to cheap not making anything, how can they stay in business?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Perhaps they're not IN business, Kid.
i dont see how they could porve someone is smoking weed in thier own home anyway. you could have smoked while the kid was outside or you could have went outside and the smoke traveled in, like most people do with cigs. Unless maybe they peak in through your windows?
That's part of the problem with this proposition--it's all up for interpretation. Couple that with the fact that many LEO in the state side with the feds on the whole subject, including that of MMJ and you're now in the lovely position of having to prove your innocence. That's how it works in the courts these days, you're no longer presumed innocent, you're presumed guilty.

And, again, *all* of this costs money. A retainer for a good attorney is usually going to begin at $10,000. That's just to start. How many attorneys in California are charging *less* than $250/hr ($300+ is much more common, especially for the better attorneys). Can you afford that? I can't, I'll lose my home and everything else I own. Just to defend myself.

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

"The Los Angeles County sheriff, Lee Baca, who has been one of the leading opponents of the measure, quickly embraced the Justice Department’s stance. He said that the initiative was unconstitutional and vowed to continue enforcing marijuana laws, no matter what voters do in November".

Just the complete arrogance of this asshole makes me want to vote yes.. As I already did because I mailed in my ballot Friday... Peace

whatever...I do see if the Nov' prop passes he'll be waaay busier busting grows over the 5x5 limit. I'm sure he's not down with that. But if there's a stiffer law and he's willing why wouldn't he beef up his 'jacket' with more felony busts..

Maybe he's a redneck but... As it stands now I'm sure he's just kickin back watching good folks do their Medical grows.

Alot of CALI LEO are tired of busting med grows cause they lose in court. In general they're somewhat mellow. I've seen a few times where they just come and go. It's crazy to see them pull up in force anticipating a major grow and then all of them file out because the person was not over the 'limit'.. Soooo it's usually no problem if your not abusing your county limit. I say that's pretty g' damn legal..

On the other hand if this law passes all the cops that don't dig the present situation (still plenty of those) will have ample ammunition for the their own 'interpretations' and sure enough busts will go UP..That tax $$ from the clubs will sure come in handy uh huh yes sir,,,

So to vote yes is a vote of ignorance IMHO...yes says go ahead and take the precious herb..tax it regulate it skim it..haha jokes on you cali folks. Have fun in your 5x5's but if we catch giving weed away let alone selling it your BUSTED..and don't have any kids nearby cause your BUSTED...child endangerment ...extra BUSTED in the eyse of the court for that one..f'n scary glad I don't have any kids I guess

A

amstercal

You know who's not tired of losing in court and busting legal medical co-ops? Every city but 1 in the county where I live (Orange). Dizzle is absolutely right. It's hard enough getting city governments to give access to medical patients.
I think if we can't get cities to give rights to patients earned under 215, how can 19 possibly work? And I don't know that reminding people that the government can still prosecute people for violating federal law is "using fear." It's their job.
Does anyone know how you get the govt to reclassify MJ? It would probably have to start with more medical studies on the effects of THC so you could petition, right?

B

bigAl25

Here's my dream beacuse I live a couple 1000 miles east of Cali: I want the state to send a message to the rest of the US. Laws against ganja are unjust and wrong. If you people appove prop 19 it sends a message to all other 49 states to start changing their unfair ganga laws. It will also scare the shit out of those stupid congressmen/congresswomen, same for senators that we elected in Washington. Do the rest of the country a great big favor and start the ball rolling on marijuana law reform. Hell I'll even stay up on election night for your results.
Respectfully rasta and wish Bob Marley was alive to see this.

A

amstercal

bigAl25: CA residents get awfully tired of sending messages. We are still dealing with the pain of sending 215's message. Raids and shut downs still go on all the time here. Raids by city and state officers, not federal, because the operation of 215 is so hazy, like 19 is, without 19's added scary issues. Our economy sucks and all our "messages" are costly. Stand up in your own state and send a message. I'll participate in sending a msg once patients have access to meds, once there is some legislation worth backing.

I

iatm53

Like bigAl said "DO THE REST OF THE COUNTRY A FAVOR"!! Stop being so selfish and greedy and free the plant we all love so much. Send the rest of the country a meassage that they need to free our beloved plant. If money is all you guys care about move away from California!! ITS ABOUT THE PLANT WE ALL NEED, NOT THE MONEY!!!!

H

hbstoner

no, he meant prop 19 wont keep anyone out of jail for cannabis. which is true.

This statement is 100% pure fox style bullshit meant to fear morons into voting no. Anyone that can read knows this is not true. Nice try..

Top Bottom