U.S. Will Enforce Marijuana Laws, State Vote Aside

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

Today's story @ HuffPo:
"In Ciudad Juarez, investigators said two men found dead Tuesday – one of them decapitated – might have been involved in the birthday party massacre Friday night. A note left with the bodies accused the men of killing women and children"

"Gunmen killed 15 people at a car wash Wednesday in a Mexican Pacific coast state where drug-gang violence has risen this year. It was the third massacre in Mexico in less than a week."

So please, have faith. Do the right thing and feel good about yourself. Vote YES on Prop 19!

YES we cannabis!

Did you seriously just claim that marijuana has anything to do with the violence in mexico?

Have you completely forgotten the holy trinity of Cocaine, Heroin, and Meth?

MJ in mexico is the crumbs on the table, nothing more.

Then you top it off with something about "feelings" and an outdated obama slogan.

I am so embarassed for my generation sometimes I can't stand it.

Why don't you leave the computer alone for a while and go read up on the world around you you fucking IDIOT.

Illmind

Illmind

Lol, he said leave the internet and read about the world around you. Ya don't leave your house completely and really experience something just read about it. Amstercal I'm a gentlemen and a half I'm at this point just breakin balls, I know it's easier to change the weather than a females mind haha, j/p I just had to do it. Ignorant maybe a gentlemen fuck fuckin yes m'aam.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
"Kid, I keep saying this, but I guess I'll just have to keep saying it--no county is currently compelled to even allow collectives or co-ops, let alone dispensaries. They're outright banned in my county.
http://www.ledger-dispatch.com/news/...w.asp?c=272356

http://www.ledger-dispatch.com/news/...w.asp?c=269009"

seamaiden i read what u said just cuz u keep saying this doesn't mean it makes sense. if they are banning them everywhere then guess what, all the med shit will stay the same. because no one will be able to open a recreational outlet. so the price wont be able to drop. and if u have to put a 50 dollar tax on everything anyway the med stuff will end up being cheaper.

and if they banned a dispensary before this law passed what does that have to do with prop 19? seems even if the law don't pass they can ban whatever they want.
Here's what I'm saying (and you're right, it doesn't make sense that we have this law in effect statewide, but we can't have any dispensaries); even with Proposition 215 being in effect for 14 years, we are not afforded all rights or protections of this law because many jurisdictions choose to interpret and enforce the current law only as they see fit.

For instance, I just started a thread on what constitutes a mature plant. My local LE told me that the moment I know the sex of a plant, it is considered mature. That would make any and all cuttings and clones, according to their definition, mature. And they agreed with that! That means that, according to them, my tray-ful of 4" babies are as mature as an 8' Queen, full of ripe buds.

Therefore, the *only* way to get anything resembling a determination on how the law should be interpreted is through 'case law', which means it went to court. $10K is a common number to get a decent attorney on retainer, and even if you do begin the PD route, you may very well need to drop that dough on the good lawyer. That doesn't begin to address what someone like myself stands to lose--my home, all vehicles and valuables, cash, anything the court may decide I should be relieved of, or anything that I may need to relieve myself of in order to pay for my own defense.

Does that make *any* sense to you at all? If you agree, I have to say me, either.

Proposition 19 is even worse in that regard.

***Edit***
Read this thread, please. If you're from California and are a 215 patient who's had contact with LLE regarding this particular subject, I would love to hear what your LLE said. I am flummoxed by mine right now and the more I think about it, the flummoxeder I get.

S

scrapiron

fractil "Did you seriously just claim that marijuana has anything to do with the violence in mexico?

MJ in mexico is the crumbs on the table, nothing more. "

WRONG. You need to do your homework!

H

hbstoner

Well the head of the fuckin DEA said 19 would affect 215....so now what?

Educate me.

MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.... and the DEA is known for telling the truth when it comes to MJ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Am I drunk or something.. are there actually growers on this forum that believe the propaganda that the DEA shits out of its mouth daily?

A

amstercal

hbstoner--Whether or not you believe the DEA, they are the ones who will be enforcing the law, so even if they're liars, they're saying you'll still get the fun of a trial to prove they're wrong. The law is not a matter of "telling the truth;" the DEA's job is simply to do what policy tells them to do as crafted by court cases and presidential policy. I didn't see the statement from the DEA and don't know what would prompt them to make such a policy--if someone has a link, please post--but the "truth" is whatever a court decides, probably many years and millions of dollars later.

Illmind--oh, it was a joke? thanks for clarifying. wouldn't want to unfairly classify you as a misogynist.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Amster, please check out my other thread, I would love to know what you think.

We need this smiley (although this one is good ---> :evilgrin0040:)

Facepalm
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Did you seriously just claim that marijuana has anything to do with the violence in mexico?

Yes, you'd have to be stupid not too.

MJ in mexico is the crumbs on the table, nothing more.

60% of their revenue. Billions EVERY year.

Why don't you leave the computer alone for a while and go read up on the world around you you fucking IDIOT.

Boo hoo. Are you TRYING to hurt my feelings? If there was a Nobel prize for dumb, I'd say you've put yourself in strong contention. Sorry to be the one to point it out to you, but you actually CAN read up on the world FROM your computer. You should try it. I understand you're having problems being a "successful" grower, but you can still try to have the courage enough to do the right thing (by voting yes).

Here's your virtual spanking - just for you; links proving that you actually can read stuff about the world on the internet.
........................./´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
................/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

Mexico Pot Bust: Mexican Authorities Seize 105 Tons Of Marijuana
Mexican Car Wash Massacre Leaves 15 Dead

Legalize Marijuana to Stop the Drug Cartels

There were 72 bodies found on a ranch ninety miles south of the Texas border -- obvious victims of a drug cartel massacre. Bullets have been hitting public buildings in El Paso, and the Washington Post is reporting that at least $20 billion a year in cash is being smuggled across the U. S. border each year. What is it going to take to convince the federal government that current drug policies are not working? The fact is that the current drug laws are contributing to an all-out war on our southern border -- all in the name of a modern-day prohibition that is no more logical or realistic than the one we abandoned 75 years ago.

Mexican drug cartels make at least 60 percent of their revenue from selling marijuana in the United States, according to the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy.

here's more ...

Mexican Gunmen Kill 10 At Clinic, Second Massacre This Month
9 Headless Bodies Found In Mexican Border City
Birthday Party Massacre Leaves 14 Dead In Drug War Shooting

Prohibition is Evil.
Don't support Evil, say no to Evil.
Vote YES on 19!

A

amstercal

Selfish. Greedy. Cowardly. Fear mongering. Unable to comprehend. Overdosing. Oh and Women.

Just a shortlist of the insults thrown at the no people. Good, logical arguments all.

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

The Los Angeles County sheriff, Lee Baca, who has been one of the leading opponents of the measure, quickly embraced the Justice Department’s stance. He said that the initiative was unconstitutional and vowed to continue enforcing marijuana laws, no matter what voters do in November

REALLY! DOES HE NOT WORK FOR THE PEOPLE OF HIS STATE? ARE WE NOT A GOVERNMENT FOR THE PEOPLE AND BY THE PEOPLE? MAJORITY RULES MR. BACA.
JUST A REMINDER MR. BACA, YOU WORK FOR US.. NOT YOUR CHOICE!
POWER HUNGRY PEOPLE LIKE HIM SHOULD BE THROWN OUT OF OFFICE!

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Selfish. Greedy. Cowardly. Fear mongering. Unable to comprehend. Overdosing. Oh and Women.

Just a shortlist of the insults thrown at the no people. Good, logical arguments all.

You forgot fluffer and fucking IDIOT. Oh wait that was just the shortlist from the prohibition supporters. They lack any type of good logical argument for maintaining Prohibition.

The Los Angeles County sheriff, Lee Baca ... said that the initiative was unconstitutional and vowed to continue enforcing FEDERAL marijuana laws, no matter what voters do in November

REALLY! DOES HE NOT WORK FOR THE PEOPLE OF HIS STATE? ARE WE NOT A GOVERNMENT FOR THE PEOPLE AND BY THE PEOPLE? MAJORITY RULES MR. BACA.
JUST A REMINDER MR. BACA, YOU WORK FOR US.. NOT YOUR CHOICE!
POWER HUNGRY PEOPLE LIKE HIM SHOULD BE THROWN OUT OF OFFICE!

Yeah, he'll get slapped down like the other Prohibitionists when Prop 19 passes.
11303. Seizure.
Notwithstanding Sections 11470 and 11479 of this code or any other provision of law, no state or local law enforcement agency or official shall attempt to, threaten to, or in fact seize or destroy any cannabis plant, cannabis seeds, or cannabis that is lawfully cultivated, processed, transported, possessed, possessed for sale, sold, or used in compliance with this act or any local government ordinance, law, or regulation adopted pursuant to this act.

B

Buddy Hemphill

MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.... and the DEA is known for telling the truth when it comes to MJ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Am I drunk or something.. are there actually growers on this forum that believe the propaganda that the DEA shits out of its mouth daily?

If you dont give a shit what cops say then why do you have "215 COMPLIANT" in big ass red letters in your signature?..:joint:

Who is that for?

Other growers?...lol...

yeah...you give a shit what the DEA says.....

maybe you are drunk.:friday:

fractal

fractal

I bring up Soros and Monsanto and that is "nit-picking."

People are really showing their true lack of intelligence everywhere over this thing. Even seedmaker DJ Short blew it when he said that Monsanto can be "deal with" later on. Just like the Indian cotton farmers dealt with them. . . My bad actually the Indian cotton farmers all drank pesticide to KILL THEMSELVES after Monsanto fucked with their cotton seed.

The only good thing I can think of about prop 19 passing would be the black market for untaxed weed.

fractal

fractal

fractil "Did you seriously just claim that marijuana has anything to do with the violence in mexico?

WRONG. You need to do your homework![/QUOTE

Alright so school me then. You misspelled my username, but YOU SCHOOL ME OK? Sorry for saying you're an idiot, just saw you are actually Hawaiian so I should have just gone with that as it explains more.

I'm waiting for you to prove how MJ is more lucrative to Mexican cartels than cocaine, heroin or meth. Whenever you're ready.

You too D. Fader where's your facts that MJ is 60% of mexico's drug revenue? Bulky loads of MJ bring in way less cash than the same sized load of powder. You can argue it, just to argue so go ahead but you're wrong.

Illmind

Illmind

Fractal it's pretty obvious it's a nice slice of the pie. Ya they use poop weed as a distraction sometimes to slip larger loads in but quit acting like they don't have super huge fields with armed gaurds in the US and mexico. I heard a story that a dude was caught carrying a 110lb bale of weed across the border and he just threw it away and ran the other way like it was a dime bag. If you aren't packing weight you don't toss 110P away. Obviously he wanted to get the attention of the locals and tie them up in that area so 10 other people with 100 p bales could walk through the other side but believe you me 60% might be a little high but it's a solid 30%. Let's face it there's better product coming from elsewhere. Peruvian coke is unreal the purity and u think places like columbia stopped importing? Fuck no, and I've done both mexican and columbian and hands down columbian was the raw. Afghanistan produces ever since 9-11 they claim 60% or maybe higher of the worlds heroin. Do you understand how long it takes for cocoa plants and poppys to produce? Cocoa plants take about 7-8 months I believe and 1/2 of 1% of every leaf contains coke. So u need LOTS of it. And I mean lots, and then turning it from the crude paste into the product is a pain in the ass itself. Growing pot is much easier. People do what money tells them too more people in america smoke weed than do those other drugs so guess what gets imported more. Please tell me u aren't that ignant. And btw I do like how they got a young girl as police chief down there with her girlie squad acting like they gonna prevent stuff I look forward to seeing this play out. Plus everybody knows the coke market ain't what it used to be.

M

mrdizzle

WRONG. You need to do your homework![/QUOTE

Alright so school me then. You misspelled my username, but YOU SCHOOL ME OK? Sorry for saying you're an idiot, just saw you are actually Hawaiian so I should have just gone with that as it explains more.

I'm waiting for you to prove how MJ is more lucrative to Mexican cartels than cocaine, heroin or meth. Whenever you're ready.

You too D. Fader where's your facts that MJ is 60% of mexico's drug revenue? Bulky loads of MJ bring in way less cash than the same sized load of powder. You can argue it, just to argue so go ahead but you're wrong.

try using google and you will see that MJ is brings in more money for mexican cartels that any other drug, doesnt mean prop 19 is going to put them out of business, criminals usually dont go back to school and become teachers, they find other ways to be criminals

J

Jalisco Kid

Herb cost 5 bucks a kg because no one can move it up north. Transportation costs are too high the last 2 years. The cartels Might make more money with herb because of production cost and all profits are their's while the coca belongs to the columbians. I would think the crap la familia makes actually makes the most profit and the most destruction. I would rather have my kids on heroin then meth.

Fuck R Lee and the donkey he road in on.
Suerte JK

A

amstercal

Stupid girls thinking they can do stuff.

Illmind, you really have no clue how much condescension you have toward women, do you? That girl may be useless and idealistic, but at least she has nerve. She's risking her life, literally, every day to try to make her town better. Probably she won't accomplish much, but why are we insulting some girl who's just trying to make her city safer? Has she done something to warrant that kind of derision from you? I mean, I know she was born a woman and all, but still.

And you should relate to the blind and ridiculous idealism since you seem to think even if 19 takes MJ off the cartel's list, it's somehow going to decrease their power/destruction/whatever. Ditto on Diz's sentiment.

Sorry to the rest of the boys that had to just read that girl rant. Frustrating to have someone make some rude woman comment every few pages and then go on about how he is a gentleman.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Kid--you posted before I could. EXACTLY! This is one of the problems a lot of people have with 19. Instead of working on 215's problems or coming up with a method to actually ensure that people, or at least patients, have access, 19 doesn't do any of that. Instead, it makes it great for the few that would receive commercial grower licenses from cities like Oakland that already came up with a plan for that.

Maybe things are different in your state, but Californians are NOTORIOUS for not voting for something because it's too much like a previous prop or they just don't understand the need for it. The effects of 19 are complicated and up for debate even among people who believe in MJ, look at this thread alone. If we can't get on the same page, how do you expect the average voter, non-smoker (MJ supporters couldn't pass the legislation alone. It will definitely take a larger pool to pass 19 or any other prop) to understand why they need another one next year to fix 19 when they just passed 19? The chances of another MJ prop passing anytime soon are slim to none. I don't want to live under this crappy prop until the voters understand the need to pass another one that doesn't let the cities and counties decide individually. I'm voting no for many reasons, but largely, why would I vote for a sad echo of legalization that doesn't even ensure people have access?

One last thing im trying to figure out is this whole movement has worked so hard to get this far why would they stop now? i mean just stop at 19? i don't see how the momentum will just cease if 19 passes.I cant see NORMAL closeing down, along with safe acsess. as for the cities soon as 1 city sees how much another is making off the tax, they will want a part even if its just 2-3 outlets.

Top Bottom